• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Cube gen 3 issue

Mav69

Mar 23, 2023
Hi all , I have a gen3 cube , I've set display resolution to auto , when watching on smarters app I get frame drop , if I set resolution to 50hz it's fine but then if I watch a film on Kodi I get frame drop, setting it back to auto sorts Kodi anyone any idea of how to help sort this ?

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi all , I have a gen3 cube , I've set display resolution to auto , when watching on smarters app I get frame drop , if I set resolution to 50hz it's fine but then if I watch a film on Kodi I get frame drop, setting it back to auto sorts Kodi anyone any idea of how to help sort this ?
You mean fire tv cube ? Try to install VLC player, most likely it brings the right codec to your device.

Mav69

Mar 23, 2023
You mean fire tv cube ? Try to install VLC player, most likely it brings the right codec to your device.
Hi , sorry , yes , a fire tv cube , it's as if when set to auto resolution it doesn't switch from either resolutions and seems fixed , I'll try vlc

Mav69

Mar 23, 2023
I tried vlc and still had the same issue , downloaded xc app and it played fine , I've changed the player settings in smarters to native playback and it's sorted my issue , just hope it's ok using native

Mav69

Mar 23, 2023
Hi all , bit of an update with this , I've set the fire tv cube 3 to 2160p 50hz and I've tried smarters and xc app and both apps playing 50hz (25fps or 50fps) play fine, play anything U.S and it drops frames because it's 60hz in U.S , fire tv cube 3 auto resolution default is 60hz ! Set cube to 2160p 60hz and U.K drops frames but U.S is fine , now I tried the cube on my Sony 32" tv and it plays everything fine on 50hz and 60hz set to auto resolution , on my main Samsung tv that's when all the issues start , I've tried MX player and vlc and they don't help . I do have a 4k max fire stick and that plays the same content on my Samsung tv set to auto resolution without issue but the cube won't, Any ideas ?