• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Flash an android box & install another android iptv software?

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
That is not the same box you gave me at the beginning of this thread. You said this was the box HD-5301B IPMacro which does not have an Amlogic CPU. I've just spent the last 2 hours looking for something that will work for you box and it's just not out there outside of the paid provider firmware.

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
That is not the same box you gave me at the beginning of this thread. You said this was the box HD-5301B IPMacro which does not have an Amlogic CPU. I've just spent the last 2 hours looking for something that will work for you box and it's just not out there outside of the paid provider firmware.
sorry, maybe I was wrong. I did some more researching. If my box is actually linux, I was able to download the upgrade bin file from here

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
Thay still has you tied to the one service though correct?
not anymore. They say I need to buy their new box. All channels are down. I can’t renew current service for that reason. I know they are ripping me off.

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
Yup they just want you to buy a new box. Buy yourself an Nividia Shield Pro or TV and be done with it. Trust me it's well worth the money.

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
Yup they just want you to buy a new box. Buy yourself an Nividia Shield Pro or TV and be done with it. Trust me it's well worth the money.

thanks, but my question is still outstanding as to whether I have an Android box or Linux? or an android box, with Linux system?

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
I don't need a new box. I have apple tv. I use that now. But wanted to see can I do with this box now.

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
I think from memory I had told you a week or so ago that I believe it's some king of linux or hybred linux Android. I've never herd of the OS before. Refer back to post #5 and #12 it's OS: Androdi INNOXPLAY Never herd of it before and couldn't find out anything abouit it.

Reactions: stech786

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
I think from memory I had told you a week or so ago that I believe it's some king of linux or hybred linux Android. I've never herd of the OS before. Refer back to post #5 and #12 it's OS: Androdi INNOXPLAY Never herd of it before and couldn't find out anything abouit it.
thats what I was thinking, if it had Android, then they installed Linus, I should be able to wipe it out to make it go back to Android. And its Android Amlogic S905X Quad-Core Cortex-A53 64-bit 2GHz. The Other tab on this website http://www.eweat.com/products-item/iptv-box-live-tv-pro/#tab-id-2

says, its RoHS, CE, FCC, which is the label I have on the box.

CertificationRoHS、CE、FCC
Operating Temperature0~70°C
Storage Humidity30%~70%
Storage Temperature10~35°C
Overall Power Consumption<5W
Standby Power Consumption<0.02W
QTY/CTN20PCS

Hotrod

Feb 26, 2021
Well if you are right and it does have the S905X then you should be able to find a suitble firmware even if it's factory firmware for another box. I would open it up and see what wifi chip it has in it and ask the dev if there firmware when you find one if it supports your wifi chip. The wifi chip is pretty easy to locate. Go back over to freaktab and for ROMs that are for the S905X with the Mali-450 5-Core GPU and I'll pm you the russian site for SlimBox they have the SlimBox ROM for many Amlogic GPU's

Reactions: stech786

stech786

Feb 8, 2021
Well if you are right and it does have the S905X then you should be able to find a suitble firmware even if it's factory firmware for another box. I would open it up and see what wifi chip it has in it and ask the dev if there firmware when you find one if it supports your wifi chip. The wifi chip is pretty easy to locate. Go back over to freaktab and for ROMs that are for the S905X with the Mali-450 5-Core GPU and I'll pm you the russian site for SlimBox they have the SlimBox ROM for many Amlogic GPU's

Thank you, you are awesome!!!!

I won't be opening the box. I am not that techie..just learning these cools stuff

Ssjatt

Mar 28, 2021
I have these same box..cannot get out the safe mode...
And was it possible to put android on it