• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Help needed to block Updates and debloat and hope for other special Tricks :)

Isabella08

Oct 7, 2024
Hello, I am a user of a FireTV Stick 4k max gen2 and need help, I would like to remove the advertising and everything I don't need, I would also like to block updates, maybe someone knows special settings to make the stick even better.

I'm a beginner and just want to have a great stick, I use Tivimate, I don't know any other apps that are good or useful, but there are enough professionals here.

If anyone would like to help and give tips, please let me know :)

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
There is no official function to disable updates on the Fire TV Stick, but you can try blocking access to Amazon's update servers via your router. Blocking the following URLs might stop updates:

- softwareupdates.amazon.com
- updates.amazon.com
- amzdigital-a.akamaihd.net
- appstore.aftvnews.com
- device-metrics-us-2.amazon.com
- g-ecx.images-amazon.com
- dp.discovery.aftv.amazon.com

This method might successfully block updates, but it carries potential risks, such as not receiving crucial security updates, missing out on new functionalities, and potential app compatibility issues. You may find the option to block URLs under sections like Parental Controls, Firewall, or Security in your router settings. Proceed with caution, as this method is not officially supported by Amazon.

Reactions: Isabella08