• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Infomir MAG blocking

Sandrito

IPTVexpert
Reseller
Nov 8, 2017
Reseller ID
Sandrito
Since yesterday 09.10.2019 Infomir started to block his MAG-Boxes on an other Big IPTV-Provider. The statement you can read here:

Infomir protects the copyright 20.12.18: https://www.infomir.eu/eng/press-center/news/201-infomir-protects-the-copyright/

So since yesterday there is a big discussion in the chat room and lot of disappointing. The resellers received a lot of complaints from their customers, because the MAG-Boxes are blocked with an warning.

First option was to unplug the MAG-Box from the router, downgrade one version and disable the automatic update in the inner portal. Downgrade with an USB stick is not so easy than just reset to factory, which works too. But to downgrade for example the MAG-254 from -r23 to -r22 gives you a newer version than only factory reset. Infomir does no more provide older firmware versions on http://soft.infomir.com/ so you have to search in the web and can find i.e. from here: http://tv.tenet.ua/firmware/ and other places.

Second option came from the IPTV-Provider after about 20 hours. He provided a new portal (web-link) and DNS (Wired-LAN+DNS). This is easier: you have to unplug the MAG-Box from the router, make a factory reset, disable the automatic updates and change portal + dns, then re-start router and re-start MAG-Box?

Both options still a horror for resellers with lot of clients. Did Rapid concern already of Infomirs MAG blocking and doing something against it before it affects also here?

MAG-254 blocked.jpg

jed2002

Reseller
Aug 23, 2017
Hello, the other provider your talking about found after a few hours some measure like you talked about (put an old image of firmware) and work perfectly, then 20h later web-link + dns, work perfectly as well. And from now one even without touching anything most mag are working fine, they did something from their side. it was hell of a week, I slept 8h the whole week cause of this trouble.

I hope it won't happenned with Rapid, most of my rapid customers have Mag boxes

Cheers

Reactions: Sandrito

uriX

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵Highly recommended ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Reseller
I believe that Infomir is guaranteed to assist with IPTV providers, but indirectly. They do not care much if it is legal or not as long as they sell their products. It's just something they say but do not do. They will probably leave some open security gaps so that the IPTV providers use this. I must also say that we have very good and professional ICT employees in the "forum" who always find some solution on the ISP blocks.

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
as i sell and have sold hundreds of Magboxes i asked Infomir directly about this.. the reply..

Good afternoon *****. We do not block MAGs - they are working in standard mode as always. The consumer can contact ISP to clarify details of this issue, I suppose that it will be Copyright Infringement Report from a copyright holder. Best regards, XXXXXX Infomir Customer Care Service

We found there was a way around this and it was to change the boot sequence from Nand1 to Nand2 or 2 to 1 .. this has worked previously for me when this screen was shown.. no gaurantees tho.. but give it a try..

The other service provider also changed the url for mag boxes and the problem vanished.. on their system only a small percentage of mag boxes were affected.

These problems started late November early December and haven´t re-occured since the url was changed.

I also posted this on the chat line..

Sandrito

IPTVexpert
Reseller
Nov 8, 2017
Reseller ID
Sandrito
as i sell and have sold hundreds of Magboxes i asked Infomir directly about this.. the reply..

Good afternoon *****. We do not block MAGs - they are working in standard mode as always. The consumer can contact ISP to clarify details of this issue, I suppose that it will be Copyright Infringement Report from a copyright holder. Best regards, XXXXXX Infomir Customer Care Service

We found there was a way around this and it was to change the boot sequence from Nand1 to Nand2 or 2 to 1 .. this has worked previously for me when this screen was shown.. no gaurantees tho.. but give it a try..

The other service provider also changed the url for mag boxes and the problem vanished.. on their system only a small percentage of mag boxes were affected.

These problems started late November early December and haven´t re-occured since the url was changed.

I also posted this on the chat line..
If you read Infomir protects the copyright 20.12.18: https://www.infomir.eu/eng/press-center/news/201-infomir-protects-the-copyright/ then they can not say we do not block MAGs.
I wanted just to aware RAPID before happened to them. To ask your customers to change NAND, URL (Portal), DNS or even reflash the box is quite difficult or impossible and will nerve everybody

Reactions: Kielbear

Sandrito

IPTVexpert
Reseller
Nov 8, 2017
Reseller ID
Sandrito
I believe that Infomir is guaranteed to assist with IPTV providers, but indirectly. They do not care much if it is legal or not as long as they sell their products. It's just something they say but do not do. They will probably leave some open security gaps so that the IPTV providers use this. I must also say that we have very good and professional ICT employees in the "forum" who always find some solution on the ISP blocks.
I hope you will not have such a hard week like Jed2002 if it will happen here.
Why the other big IPTV provider didn't know about an open security gap? So there wouldn't be so much trouble and unhappy peoples

Reactions: Kielbear

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
I wanted just to aware RAPID before happened to them. To ask your customers to change NAND, URL (Portal), DNS or even reflash the box is quite difficult or impossible and will nerve everybody
100% correct .. It was a nightmare to get everyone sorted.. took days of helping clients that had never looked in the settings and hadn´t a clue of what to do.

I certainly hope that it doesn´t happen here.. the admins are on the ball here, so here´s hoping!!

khalakov

Jan 27, 2019
Since yesterday 09.10.2019 Infomir started to block his MAG-Boxes on an other Big IPTV-Provider. The statement you can read here:

Infomir protects the copyright 20.12.18: https://www.infomir.eu/eng/press-center/news/201-infomir-protects-the-copyright/

So since yesterday there is a big discussion in the chat room and lot of disappointing. The resellers received a lot of complaints from their customers, because the MAG-Boxes are blocked with an warning.

First option was to unplug the MAG-Box from the router, downgrade one version and disable the automatic update in the inner portal. Downgrade with an USB stick is not so easy than just reset to factory, which works too. But to downgrade for example the MAG-254 from -r23 to -r22 gives you a newer version than only factory reset. Infomir does no more provide older firmware versions on http://soft.infomir.com/ so you have to search in the web and can find i.e. from here: http://tv.tenet.ua/firmware/ and other places.

Second option came from the IPTV-Provider after about 20 hours. He provided a new portal (web-link) and DNS (Wired-LAN+DNS). This is easier: you have to unplug the MAG-Box from the router, make a factory reset, disable the automatic updates and change portal + dns, then re-start router and re-start MAG-Box?

Both options still a horror for resellers with lot of clients. Did Rapid concern already of Infomirs MAG blocking and doing something against it before it affects also here?

View attachment 3878
hi. cannot find older firmware for mag 351 or mag 256 anywhere from the net. and tried the other method still no success. Any help please?

Sandrito

IPTVexpert
Reseller
Nov 8, 2017
Reseller ID
Sandrito
@khalakow - yes, to reset the boxes is the easiest way. I have only for the MAG-256 the former version 2.20.03-256 from Fri Jun 30 11:37:10 EEST 2017 which is also working, see https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvIxx3ltAugTgqY9W3mNq9rKueolwQ
Do not forget to do this without internet connection and to disable the automatic update in the inner portal !

Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
is there any longterm solution in process? I guess the downgrade of firmware is just a temporary solution..

Lagal

Fast response and free support - paypal,btc&swish
Feb 5, 2017
sweden
Reseller ID
smurferina
Infomir have not blocked rapid just saying :)

Gavp25

Sep 8, 2016
Hi,

Looks like there's now blocks on Rapid now. Two friends and I all have IPTV from Rapid and use a MAG 254 box. All three of our devices are now with no picture. The portal loads but when you click on a channel, no picture appears.

Would anyone know how to fix this please?

Many thanks,
Gavin

Lagal

Fast response and free support - paypal,btc&swish
Feb 5, 2017
sweden
Reseller ID
smurferina
Hi,

Looks like there's now blocks on Rapid now. Two friends and I all have IPTV from Rapid and use a MAG 254 box. All three of our devices are now with no picture. The portal loads but when you click on a channel, no picture appears.

Many thanks,
Gavin
do they have that picture as shown in the first post? if not its not a block. to fix the block how ever they need to downgrade the box and dissable auto uppdate

jed2002

Reseller
Aug 23, 2017
There is no infomir block on rapid at the moment. IF a block happen it won't be a black screen! it will be a message when you launch your box that infomir doesn't allow you to connect due to copyrights and you have to contact your iptv reseller about it.

Talush

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Reseller ID
Milaim
Hi,

Many thanks,
Gavin
Try to reset the line ( change password) and remove some groups and then restart portal

salimouf

Sep 28, 2016
Hey I'm having an issue with my Mag 254, since a couple of days everything is moving very slow and the channel plays a little then box resets. I thought this has to do with infomir blocking so I factory reset, turned off auto update then reloaded rapid portal, it worked for a couple of days but it's back to slow and rebooting device after watching a channel. Please help? is there a new rapid link for mag boxes? or what should i do?