• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTV App with DVR capability?

dsscottage

Sep 6, 2018
I'm looking for an IPTV app that has DVR like capability. I have tried Tivimate, Sparkle TV, and STBEMU but they don't do what I want.

I'd like to pause a live broadcast for a time (say 5 minutes), then un-pause the live broadcast to play where it paused and be able to fast forward through small parts of what has been cached. (i.e. similar to a cable TV DVR).

I can pause Tivimate and Sparkle TV but the pause only seems to last a minute or so and then reverts to the live broadcast.

Does anyone know of an IPTV app that has DVR-like capability.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
I'm looking for an IPTV app that has DVR like capability. I have tried Tivimate, Sparkle TV, and STBEMU but they don't do what I want.

I'd like to pause a live broadcast for a time (say 5 minutes), then un-pause the live broadcast to play where it paused and be able to fast forward through small parts of what has been cached. (i.e. similar to a cable TV DVR).

I can pause Tivimate and Sparkle TV but the pause only seems to last a minute or so and then reverts to the live broadcast.

Does anyone know of an IPTV app that has DVR-like capability.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that my IPTV apps are installed on an NVIDIA Shield.
It calls catch up function, some channels enjoy this feature. Talk to your provider/reseller and ask for it.

dsscottage

Sep 6, 2018
I'm a little new to IPTV and I may misunderstand.
I thought "catch up" allowed you to rewind the program that has already played and this is based of the capability of the IPTV provider.
I'm looking for an app that allows me to pause the live broadcast and then resume play after a period of time. I think that I heard this feature called "timeshift". If I'm not mistaken, this feature is a function of the IPTV app and it's ability to cache and replay the live stream.

Am I mistaken?