• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTV DVR?

dsscottage

Sep 6, 2018
I tried IPTV a few years ago but abandoned it after some problems. However, I'd like to give it another try. Can anyone help me with a couple of questions?

I've searched for functionality of IPTV boxes but still have questions.

I'm looking for an IPTV box (or app) that has DVR functionality similar to cable service. i.e. It can be programmed to record all future "new" episodes of specific programs.

I've seen descriptions of IPTV DVR functionality but I believe that you can only go to the guide for a specific program and record it on a one time basis. (???)

Is there any box or app that provides "cable-like" DVR recording capability?

By the way, I have an Android Shield and a Samsung Smart TV.

Reactions: Franzis12 and Btee

Franzis12

Apr 28, 2023
Best way cosmi iptv Player! With tivimate cant No USB Recording but cosmi iptv Player all good and No device Limit ☺

Franzis12

Apr 28, 2023
cosmi actually does it quite well with more tuners! but when i'm recording i switch to sat so nothing happens and iptv keeps recording! never had a problem with recording! have 3 providers and no problem with it! but yes you have to be careful

Cosmi can also record via usb if usb has no write rights like mine strong 4150 simple TV sat Android box that's the advantage over tivimate

tivimate cannot do that

Kind regards

Attachments

Reactions: vitshinzo

Franzis12

Apr 28, 2023
it's also great but no recording possible! smart stb there goes portal and also m3u url!

but progtv also has a recording works without write rights like cosmi