• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTVX app to watch IPTV on AppleTV [+ REDEEM CODES]

Andrewkparker

Jun 24, 2016
Have been using app and like it, but when i save channels to favorites, there never seems to be a favorites location to view them from. Did i miss a step?

miosgit

May 16, 2019
Hello,
They appear on top of the list of channels in every tab.
If you want to see how the app works in all its functionalities watch this video:

Reactions: Beny and gray75

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019
Had to use m3u_plus link as m3u didnt provide any channel topics just one list of stations. THe channel topics are a disorganized mess, not even alphabetical.
Like the favourites at the top of each channel! Would consider a global fav list at the top of the channel headers as well. Have you thought of mulitviews? Four screens seems popular as well as one large and one small (like PIP), and the ability to switch the two. A side by side split screen would also be grand. Final comment, parental control should also be available by channel topic, like adult and not force one to tediously lock every single channel. All for now keep up the good work!

miosgit

May 16, 2019
Hello,

m3u type don't have m3u tags. m3u_plus has them.
The second, has indeed categories. The first can get categories recognized in some cases but yes, you should always use m3u_plus to get the best experience and this is for every app of IPTV.

The channels topics are not disorganized: they respect the priority given by your provider. Although I could add a setting to choose how to order the list, isn't a priority at the moment and generally providers put at the top the categories with the newest things. However I'll keep it in my long todo list.

Multi views don't have a high priority.

Parental control: yes, I thought to implement a way to block the entire category and this is at the top of the list after a couple of other things.

Thank you for using IPTVX!

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019
Thanks for the prompt reply!! Its really good to see an active developer.
As for respecting the order given by the provider the emphasis is on the wrong actor. The actor that should be prioritized is the user and not the provider.
That is clear in a use case analysis. The other issue I have with that approach is that you are assuming the provider has rhyme or reason for the order they have placed the channel. In many cases I have yet to fathom a logical pattern (the only constant among the five or six I am using is adult is last). From a user perspective, the scattered listing of channels makes your app look and feel cheap. Perhaps the current method works for VOD or series but it has no merit on the Live TV side of the house. Thus suggesting an orderly listing of channels (if letting the user decide their order is too difficult) and at least provide an option for an alphabetical approach as well as the (seemingly) random approach you have now. Multi-views is a relatively new addition to providers, there is no rush and gives you time to think about how to do it better!

Reactions: bhavi_jp

gray75

Jun 16, 2019
Hello
in the application playlists do not work
* .m3u8 protocols hls and mpegs

lifenight

Jul 2, 2019
I wish a possibility to reorganize the favorites. I had to make a list of my channels and add from the first to the last to have a coherent playlist with the organize option "last added"

It's a bit pain, and hope that my childrens does not remove a favorite ... And also, is it possible to add xtream authentification ?

But the application is very good, i think it's the most stable et the ergonomy is great, better than iplay tv.

Thanks to the developper for the great work !

Reactions: HBN

zkritt

May 10, 2019
I wish a possibility to reorganize the favorites. I had to make a list of my channels and add from the first to the last to have a coherent playlist with the organize option "last added"

It's a bit pain, and hope that my childrens does not remove a favorite ... And also, is it possible to add xtream authentification ?

But the application is very good, i think it's the most stable et the ergonomy is great, better than iplay tv.

I second this.
My provider adds new channels all the time and if I just add that to favorites it gets in a different order than I would like...
So I have to do it all over again...

And there seems to be a limit to 100 favorites and I have well above that so if that could be adjusted aswell would be good.

Reactions: HBN

HBN

Apr 23, 2018
Sweden
Reseller ID
OHBNO
I second this.
My provider adds new channels all the time and if I just add that to favorites it gets in a different order than I would like...
So I have to do it all over again...

And there seems to be a limit to 100 favorites and I have well above that so if that could be adjusted aswell would be good.
This is why I still use and recommend iPlayTV!

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019
THanks for the tip on IplayTV. Can you verify if the channel groupings are in any kind of order or random? If so, I will switch to that app.

zkritt

May 10, 2019
THanks for the tip on IplayTV. Can you verify if the channel groupings are in any kind of order or random? If so, I will switch to that app.
You can sort them how you want it and its easy to add or delete channels. You can even use multiple sources in the same favorite-lists.

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019
Just to be clear if they have some random order such as the first two groupings...
us sports
uk entertainment

I can change this to and keep permanently
can enter
can sports
us enter
us sports
uk enter
uk sports
france
spain
netherlands
Fox Sports
etc.........

Or is is just an option to put them alphabetical?

zkritt

May 10, 2019
Just to be clear if they have some random order such as the first two groupings...
us sports
uk entertainment

I can change this to and keep permanently
can enter
can sports
us enter
us sports
uk enter
uk sports
france
spain
netherlands
Fox Sports
etc.........

Or is is just an option to put them alphabetical?
Okay, sorry misread your previous post.

Those categories are sorted by your provider I think, don't think you can change the order on them.

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019
Exactly my point, a good app will put them in an actual order that makes sense, be it alphabetical or the users choice.

miosgit

May 16, 2019
Exactly my point, a good app will put them in an actual order that makes sense, be it alphabetical or the users choice.
I don't think this is what make a good app.
However the app is ordering all categories by name since 1 or 2 week ago.
Favorites can also be ordered by name or last added from settings. Same for keep watching.
Enjoy.

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019
Instead of saying what doesnt make a good app try and be positive and inform us what does make a good app? The fact that the posters and the author didnt think it was a good idea at first but came around shows me that the developer is mature and takes his time to assimilate information and then takes action. The app is now in my estimation worth recommending to others based on this change alone. Others may have different opinions.

Reactions: miosgit

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019

A very reasonable recommendation. Functionality without a use case analysis will tend not to be satisfactory and in software vernacular a more expensive solution (due to either fixes or amendments to the original code (and sometimes not even possible due to how the coding was structured)).

anav_ds

Jun 24, 2019
Why am I getting a request to pay an additional 9.99 to keep using this app?? I am very close to killing the app and giving it negative reviews wherever I post.
If this is not the place to be kept aware of developments please let us know where? Okay I found it in Reddit. Something about finding a receipt etc...........