• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Issue with Samsung TV

Fred63

Dec 3, 2019
Hello,

I cannot make my Samsung TV works properly with IPTV.

I tried several apps and different IPTV providers and it is always the same problem. All load well, I see the channels and whatever information about the program (supposed to) being played but the program will not play. Sometimes one works one time randomly but if I change it, it is over. At some point, I thought that IPTV was blocked by my ISP but if I use the IPTV app on my phone on the same network via wifi, all channels work perfectly fine so I am kind of stuck.

Last app I tried was Smart STD and I was more confident since they have a couple of "test/demo" channels built in and they were working fine . For the real test, app required a "portal URL" that my IPTV provider gave me but that did not work neither. I can see everything except the program itself.

I have a few questions :

1) Any tip about what is wrong and how to correct it ?
2) Sorry for the beginner question but what is Portal URL vs M3u URL, what is the difference?
3) I would like to continue make some trials, is there some free IPTV Portal URL available for testing purposes (even it has a couple of channels and virtually no interest) ?

Thank you

Fred63

Dec 3, 2019
Ok I found a solution to my problem. Since IPTV on my phone works well on wifi, I connected my TV on WIFI and all works fine.
However, I would much prefer to keep my faster wired connection.
Any tips about what the problem could be since it is now clear that it comes from the wired connection (which works perfectly well for any other network) ?

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Ok I found a solution to my problem. Since IPTV on my phone works well on wifi, I connected my TV on WIFI and all works fine.
However, I would much prefer to keep my faster wired connection.
Any tips about what the problem could be since it is now clear that it comes from the wired connection (which works perfectly well for any other network) ?
I guess you are talking about SMART IPTV (siptv) APP ?
My MAC address has changed after I switched to another connection type.
Each TV has 2 MAC addresses (1st is WiFi, 2nd is Ethernet) and a 2nd MAC is activated automatically after you switch to another connection type and restart the app. MAC address is unique for every TV and cannot be changed manually.
Sounds like you have activated the WIFI's MAC while LAN MAC trial is expired.

FiyiK

Contact for Reseller Panels
Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
Your Ethernet cable is broken or your TV ethernet hardware is broken.

Fred63

Dec 3, 2019
Thanks to both.
Samsung does not longer offer Smart IPTV so I use the other one but they all face the same problem.
I believe my ethernet cable is fine as all other services like netflix or amazon prime, youtube.... are all working fine on ethernet without never any freezing.