• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Kodi Technical Issues and Support

IPTV Community

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 3, 2015
iptv.community
Hello,

This thread is dedicated to Kodi issues and technical support questions regarding Kodi.
Feel free to submit your questions in order to get help from other community members.

Last edited:

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
Enable the IPTV SimpleClient and point it to some m3u/m3u8 list or link.

Regards

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
Download it with bowser then point it to that file.
btw. line is not ok for the kodi as at the end you should have m3u_plus&output=hls and save it with extension .m3u8

Have a nice day

Paris 2015

Nov 27, 2015
Not sure why you would have an issue when you:
1. Copy the link provided
2. Edit it as Harry suggested
3. Past into Kodi PVR Simple Client M3U playlist list URL area
4. Make sure cache M3U in local in unchecked
5. Click OK
6. Make sure PVR Simple client is enable
7. Make sure TV is unable
8. Exit Kodi and launch it again

Reactions: harryporter

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
Not sure why you would have an issue when you:
1. Copy the link provided
2. Edit it as Harry suggested
3. Past into Kodi PVR Simple Client M3U playlist list URL area
4. Make sure cache M3U in local in unchecked
5. Click OK
6. Make sure PVR Simple client is enable
7. Make sure TV is unable
8. Exit Kodi and launch it again
Also tv should be enabled for pvr to work

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
Another thing your Kodi version is out of date

From your log:
Starting XBMC (12.0-ALPHA4 Git:20120725-82b31e5), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Jul 26 2012 (compiler 1600)

Current release: Kodi v15.2 “Isengard”
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/kodi-15.2-Isengard.exe

When you unistall Kodi remember to delete manualy settins folder Kodi that is under C:\Users\Yoursername\AppData\Roaming before installing a new version!

marcob

Feb 6, 2016
Hi guys, thank you for the replies. I was able to make the TV menu appear by using a proper link or point to a proper local folder / file in IPTV simple client.
The menu was not appearing because I was using the link provided me in this format

http://portal.rapidiptv.com:8080/get.php?username=xxxxxxx&password=xxxxxx&type=m3u&output=mpegts
and/or I was using the links suggested in the tutorial

https://support.rapidiptv.net/hc/en-us/articles/204302111-How-to-setup-IPTV-on-Kodi-XBMC

I know that the link provided me with the subscription works.

Thank you, I have understood now that the link provided me is not meant to be used in the program.
I am going to use now this revised link from harry

http://portal.rapidiptv.com:8080/get.php?username=xxxxxxx&password=xxxxxx&type=m3u_plus&output=hls

and the tutorial from Paris

Thank you!

Reactions: harryporter

marcob

Feb 6, 2016

From your log:
Starting XBMC (12.0-ALPHA4 Git:20120725-82b31e5), Platform: Windows 7, 64-bit (WoW) Service Pack 1 build 7601. Built on Jul 26 2012 (compiler 1600)

When you unistall Kodi remember to delete manualy settins folder Kodi that is under C:\Users\Yoursername\AppData\Roaming before installing a new version!
Thank you! Next time I will do that!

I am using the old version because I read that some add ons have problem with the new version of kodi and they suggest to use the old version

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir

From your log:

I am using the old version because I read that some add ons have problem with the new version of kodi and they suggest to use the old version
No thats not true everything is fine with Kodi 15 if You dont need something wrealy specific.

marcob

Feb 6, 2016

From your log:

No thats not true everything is fine with Kodi 15 if You dont need something wrealy specific.

I am using kodi 15.2

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir

marcob

Feb 6, 2016
Is it possible to use the same url

http://portal.rapidiptv.com:8080/get.php?username=xxxxxxx&password=xxxxxx&type=m3u_plus&output=hls

on multiple machines to open multiple chanels?

Is it better to use VLC in that case?

thanks!
You can use the line on multiple machines if You change thes username and the paassword. Use one chanell/line under one ip with a same username and you will be not banned.

Regards
Sorry I do not understand the part about about the username and password.

How about the android phone ?

Can I use use the same link (with the same username and password) on my phone via my phone provider ?
In that case I think the ip changes compared to my home ip because I use the phone company internet network .

Also, can I sue at the same time , the server on multiple machine I have in the house , using the same Internet connection / ip ?

Or can I use multiple instance of vlc to open different channels at the same time using the same Internet ip using 1 or more PC in my house ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
Is it possible to use the same url

on multiple machines to open multiple chanels?

Is it better to use VLC in that case?

thanks!
You can use the line on multiple machines if You change thes username and the paassword. Use one chanell/line under one ip with a same username and you will be not banned.

Regards

Can I use use the same link (with the same username and password) on my phone via my phone provider ?
In that case I think the ip changes compared to my home ip because I use the phone company internet network .

Also, can I sue at the same time , the server on multiple machine I have in the house , using the same Internet connection / ip ?

Or can I use multiple instance of vlc to open different channels at the same time using the same Internet ip using 1 or more PC in my house ?

Thanks !
Simply no becouase connection is limeted to one device and one ip and one channel also. Without username password your line will not wotk and you will be banned if you have inserted good username and non working pass autoamaticly.

Regards,

marcob

Feb 6, 2016

Regards

Thanks !
Simply no becouase connection is limeted to one device and one ip and one channel also. Without username password your line will not wotk and you will be banned if you have inserted good username and non working pass autoamaticly.

Regards,
Ok, hot it , the last you !

So for having the service on my phone , I need to pay for a 2nd account and get a new set of username/password from you.

Am I right ?

Saner Demirkol

Nov 15, 2016
Hi,

I want to use RapidIPTv Kodi plugin.

I have already installed the repo zip file but the repo is down, I can't install latest version 1.06

Can you please help me to find and install it ?

thanks