• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

LIVE TV, VOD last few months unwatchable in prime time

maragfct

Jan 25, 2017
Hello

When I bought rapid IPTV first time, few years back, it was the best service overall I think.
Quality of channels offered, especially native resolution channels in 1080i with original subtitles, like BBC HD for example and the others are the best solution available, even today.

But recently, last several months, it is almost unusable, during weekends, and in the evenings, in prime time mostly. LIVE TV always stop, or freeze or stuttering almost all the time.
VOD is even worse it stuttering all the time, I don't remember if even finished any episode or movie in last few years from IPTV (and YES and have 30+ Mbit connection, works OK, I've been watching Netflix every day in 4k HDR in 15mbit, without any problems).

I see no point anymore continuing this service, it is just right now completely unreliable which means it is essentially of no value anymore, except for watching it in the morning, which so far mostly works OK.

My account is valid until end of February, if nothing changes until then, I see no point continuing.

Thanks.

Reactions: Anze

DoJaja

Skilled & Verified Reseller - Eng - Ger - ExYu
Reseller
Apr 4, 2018
iptv.community
Reseller ID
DoJaJa
Get a better Internet connection 30+ Mbit connection not enough, i got 300 Mbit connection and got no issues with channels and vod / series

DoJaja

Skilled & Verified Reseller - Eng - Ger - ExYu
Reseller
Apr 4, 2018
iptv.community
Reseller ID
DoJaJa
Your isp may be placing some throttle on the streams. Throttle has nothing to do with your internet speed, it is a configuration on the isp side to obstruct iptv.
This is a common move by most isps.
Please try vpn on the same isp connection and see if issue disappears. Or try even you mobile 4G Network to check if you have the same issues.

There are several factors other than the speed provided at your router by your ISP
Always try to use a wired connection between the device used for viewing IPTV and your router
If there are other users and devices using the connection try to make sure that these users are not using all the available bandwidth.
Other devices (particularly mobile phones) connected to your router may be given priority by the router even when not in use and only leave a small percentage of bandwidth available for other non priority devices.
You don't mention the device you use for IPTV - Hardware capability is a very important factor.
Make sure that any cables (particularly hdmi) are correct, undamaged and if relevant connected the correct way round.
The app you use and the way it is setup are also a very important consideration.

Start by installing a first-rate speed test on your IPTV device - I would recommend "nPerf" - This will enable you to test all the aspects of your connection.
Install a VPN and repeat the tests, Check and rectify any issues with device connection - Check the application in use and its settings, not all apps are equally good in their performance, try other apps (your reseller should be able to help with suggestions) - Test again with speed-test following each configuration change.

Minimum required bandwidth for streaming IPTV

no comment for your mention about ridiculous reply, we all only try to help each others

Anze

Jan 28, 2022
Paris, France
Well not sure if it fits in this topic but personnaly I experienced today a total breakdown of Eurosport 1 channel in FR and UK right when Nadal started his comeback.
I checked all other channels, they were perfectly fine.
So in this case ISP has nothing to do with it.

I chose this service yesterday because it had good community but if every major sport event stops working at some point, of course I won't stick around here for long.
I mean I litteraly bought the subscription less than 24h ago and I already experienced:
- Bein Sport 1 FR breakdown (was fixed after 1h ! Let you imagine what it means for live event)
- Eurosport 1 Fr HD with glitches for a bit until it stopped working/lagged the hell
- Eurosport 1 Uk HD went down
- EPG system still down

That's a LOT for a 24h subscription !

Brauwer

Nov 22, 2021
BE
Also issues with major channels with highest quality that are broadcasting NFL today.
No problems with (most) other channels as well.

Maybe something is needed to scale up some services on major sports events.

Reactions: maragfct and Anze

Vegaspt

Jan 30, 2022
I am a new user to Rapid, and currently regretting the service. I reinforce OP's same words that it's always down during prime time or weekends.

I work all the time and when I finally have the time to relax and wind down the service is down. I think this is unacceptable.

Reactions: Anze and Jay_Gee

ipmantv2

Jan 12, 2019
Reseller ID
ipmantv
Same here.
For a few weeks, it is absolutely unwatchable at prime time, no matter which channel.
Always buffering and reconnecting after a few minutes.
It does not depend on my internet speed or something else, because my backup line from another seller works without problems.