• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Mag351 fix..

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
My mag was blocked on one portal and on the other loaded only the media player or came up with a black and white image.. this imageupdate cleared all of that so my box is back to normal..

When you paste and copy in your browser it should start the download..

When the download is finished you will have to edit the download name to just

imageupdate

This can then be copied into your usb stick (should be formatted in FAT32) file named mag351 all lower case.

I did it like this.. reset box.. removed ethernet cable.. switched off.. usb stick in back of box usb port.. pressed menue button (button with 3 dots and 3 lines) keep pressed and switched box on.. keep pressing until the recovery menu is onscreen.. scroll down to ... upgrade tools... press ok.. upgrade software.. press ok .. using usb.. click ok

the box will then begin to install the software..

when complete then go into settings and check that aotomatic updates is disabled .. beta version also off..

i then reboot the box with the ethernet cable in and it booted normally and started our iptv.

vps.magboxes.xyz/firmware_transitionals/2.19.02-rc.1/imageupdate_mag351

I´ve tried this and it works for me.. try this at your own risk..

Last edited:
Reactions: Talush

Mandaue

Feb 13, 2019
Reseller ID
JRF IPTV
@Kielbear, i´ve had the same problems with my mag 351,but this problems appear even with disabled autoupdate,the image on the mag 351 was factory image,never updated.

Mandaue

Feb 13, 2019
Reseller ID
JRF IPTV
After that,i enabled autoupdate to see what happen...whorse thing happen...the menue item to enter the Portal ulr disappear,after that i returned the Mag 351 to Amazonas

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
In your case i would have tried the following..

I did it like this.. to reset box and install new software... remove power plug.. remove ethernet cable.. usb stick in back of box usb port.. press menue button (button with 3 dots and 3 lines) keep pressed and plug the box in.. keep pressing until the recovery menu is onscreen.. scroll down to ... upgrade tools... press ok.. upgrade software.. press ok .. using usb.. click ok

Make sure you have factory image 0

When you paste the downöoad bellow and copy in your browser it should start the download..

When the download is finished you will have to change the download name to just (when downloaded the file will read something like imageupdate_mag256.. ) change /edit to just

imageupdate

This can then be copied into your usb stick (should be formatted in FAT32) file named mag351 all lower case.

the box will then begin to install the software..

Ethernet cable should still be out!! when complete then go into settings and check that automatic updates is disabled .. beta version also off..

i then reboot the box with the ethernet cable in and it booted normally and started our iptv.

copy and paste into browser download starts automatic...

https://vps.magboxes.xyz/firmware_transitionals/2.19.02-rc.1/imageupdate_mag351

Last edited:
Reactions: Talush

Mandaue

Feb 13, 2019
Reseller ID
JRF IPTV
Thank you, i tryed this already,but i think my downloaded image was wrong,it was the same like the autoupdated image.unfortnunately i returned to sender,i can´t try your image.

gando

Mar 15, 2019
I cannot download either the 351 or the 256 link - they both just come up as a machine code file which never fully downloads

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
I`ll Check the link..

link was wrong .. now corrected.. sorry

Last edited:

PaTech

Subscriptions, Free Trials, Support
Reseller
Jan 2, 2018
DC
Reseller ID
PaTech
In my case just change it to NAND 2 solve the issue, this on a mag351 didn't install any downgrade update

affeaffo

Oct 10, 2018
I have sort of an workaround but it's not 100%

I downloaded the image i needed from the following link -> http://soft.infomir.com/
I put it on a FAT32 formated USB and inserted in rear USB connector. Hold menu on remote and booted device.
It's important to put the image in a folder that's named the same as the box you have. In my case i have an 351 so i created a folder called mag351 and put the image in it. (letters must NOT be upper case)
Flashed new image with LAN cable disconnected. Booted up STB went to settings and disabled autoupdate function.
Made all the settings for portal etc..

All channels seems to be working. But VOD don't seem to work.