• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

SAMSUNG SIPTV movies/series section not working

Mirza

Jan 25, 2017
Hi all.
I have Samsung QLED TV, newwest model and run SIPTV on it.

for the last few weeks movies section is not working. I tried several different categories like 4k, multisub etc but I just get error.
I know it worked before(beginning of the year) but it does.

To begin with I got errors only on some movies(the video error when trying to play the movies) but in the weekend I tested approx 20 different movies and they alle failed.
Friend of mine with LG TV and same app has the same issue.

Any suggestions of others that have the same issue?

BTW: tried couple of series as well with the same problem.

satkey

Reseller
Aug 29, 2018
hello

i have the same problem, movies and series dont work. om mag device movies and series work perfect

Reactions: Mirza

Mirza

Jan 25, 2017
Yes..

Tested on phone yesterday and it works fine while not on tv. Deactivated the channels and VOD not applicable for me....did not help.
Changed password, still the same.
Only thing I have not tried is different app but I cannot find any other IPTV app that is available on latest Samsung Tizen:(

satkey

Reseller
Aug 29, 2018
well, after a few tests i have the result: samsung smat cannot play mkv files. if you play movies from portal in avi or mp4 format then will work. movies in mkv format dont work. this is samsung smart fault!

Reactions: uriX

Mirza

Jan 25, 2017
Hmmm...it plays mkv from USB here.

Anyhow,how do you which format the movies in VOd section are in?

Strange thing is that the movies worked befkrr,in January when I first got this tv..4K movies were running fine and now rhe same movies does not.

bree

Dec 17, 2016
Reseller ID
share2009
Hmmm...it plays mkv from USB here.

Anyhow,how do you which format the movies in VOd section are in?

Strange thing is that the movies worked befkrr,in January when I first got this tv..4K movies were running fine and now rhe same movies does not.

I have the same problem with samsung qled. The vod’s were working before.
What had changed?

Jems

Verified & Trusted reseller
Reseller
Dec 31, 2018
Reseller ID
BilalBekim
For me too, until 2-3 weeks ago no problem, problem with video error message

Last edited:

Re_bush

Dec 14, 2019
Hi, almost same problem here, but perhaps some useful info:
Samsung Tizen (Q60R 2019 model), installed Smart Iptv. Very fast 250Gb/s wired connection.
"Video Error!" for:
- Movies Swedish (all that I tried)
- Movies English (some, not all)
- Movies French (all [FR] give the error, but all [FR - En] work fine

No error whatsoever for:
+ Movies 4k
+ Movies Swedish Kids
+ Any live channel

As others reported, all failing channels do work fine on my Tablet or Phone (but cannot stream via Google Chrome cast or directly to Samsung TV, unfortunately).

My conclusion: Root cause is not connection or memory, nor the channel (because they work on other devices).
I believe the cause is the encoding format of some of the channels / providers of the channels which causes errors on some devices (Samsung's latest model Tizen TVs).

I kindly ask the Rapid provider to fix this error because it affects many of us, and the problem will become bigger.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
As others reported, all failing channels do work fine on my Tablet or Phone (but cannot stream via Google Chrome cast or directly to Samsung TV, unfortunately).
Thanks for above details, just one comment from me in regard to Chromecast: