• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Slow wi-fi speed on Mag boxes

BigMac

May 19, 2019
Hi guys, I've had a couple of Mag boxes (322w1 & 324w2) where the in-built wi-fi speeds were disappointing, giving speeds of <3Mbps using 5GHz and around 10Mbps using the 2.4GHz band. My Firestick in the same room gives me 30Mbps.

Is the built in wi-fi poor on the Mag boxes? Is it better using the USB wifi dongles? I can watch all channels perfectly using my Firestick but lots of buffering on the Mag boxes.The IPTV boxes/sticks go between rooms so ethernet cables wouldn't be practical. Using Homeplugs in the house too but there's only a single mains socket where the router is so things slow down thanks to using extension leads...

Any ideas appreciated.

BigMac

May 19, 2019
Thanks Sense. I got an app running on the Firestick called Analiti and it's showing I'm on channel 11 with neighbours on 1 & 6 & on the 802.11ac band I'm on channel 48 with only one neighbour on this band, on channel 44. My router is in the room next door so a decent signal strength too.