• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Suggestion Offering/Implementing VPN/SSL in our System for money - (just for resellers?)

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
Hi IPTVCommunity, hey together,

Actual Solution upcomming issues:
How most know our solution is very depending on ISPs, routing/balancing/dns... nearby 50-70 % of issues come up with one of these problems. Sure hardware, software also, but most could be solved if this cases would not so attend. i think i tell here nothing new, this just as beginning for my suggestion.

Dependencies/Costs/Technical Solution:
- So quite sure implementing ssl (https)/vpn solutions are/will be cost intensive
- how we know over vpns come up ddos attacks and other attacks

these both points are the most important reasons for not allowing vpn or implementing ssl directly , but i think this could be solved.

Suggestion I / Solution I
For most of us resellers i think from nearby 200 customers are 1-2 affected from problems with his isp/packet routing in the WAN and that often just for a few weeks and after that time its good by this customer but antother customer than is affected. My idea is, to allow just resellers to have 2-5 dedicated ip adresses, maybe for special payment, let me say, iptvcommunity takes 15 - 25 euro (just as example) for every dedicated ip adress, which get whitelisted. And we as reseller can give the customers for the time where they are really affected the dedicated ip account till its solved by them (most time , its just over a few weeks (maybe if ip adresses.. get changed..) and then how i said this dedicated ip could help the other affected customers.

its not just to make the customer more happy, everyone of us knows that customers say, its our list and not their isp, so often and its ok, cause they cant understand it

and iptvcommunity could also take money for this, maybe to the security...

Suggestion II Solution II
Implenting directly SSL would be the best and greatest, cause, then (i think) most of problems would not be happen (told enough above). First i have to say, i dont know if its techically possible, cause never made an iptv system on my own, but i think it should be possible. it would solve so much, nearby and maybe no other service offers this. What i think is, that ssl transfers needs a lot of ressources and is very expensive, so that this is the most reason why its not implemented.

So my idea is to increase the cost of a subscription, let me say, 1 year costs acutal xx credits, lets make it xx + 5 or xx +10 credits! if every account would bring 5 or 10 credits more and this money is just for the ressources to have enough power for the server, (i think ;) ) this would cover the costs

or we offer normal accounts without ssl for the actual prices and maka up additional prices for ssl solutions or vpn solutions

At least let me say, im not profession in operating an iptv system, im quite sure, there is much more to think and maybe some is technically not possible, but this is my idea/suggestion

Have a nice day to all

Last edited:

klukas

Sep 17, 2018
Ftoklu, just found your post about IPTV issues caused by ISP’s and their traffic routing. After about 2 months of using of the IPTV channels which I’m watching every day keeps buffering. Reseller is not aware about any issue with the channels. Could you please explain in more details how the ISP doing traffic shaping for the IPTV? Is it based on client IP, IP which is most of my traffic coming from, MAC address or any other factor?

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
Ftoklu, just found your post about IPTV issues caused by ISP’s and their traffic routing. After about 2 months of using of the IPTV channels which I’m watching every day keeps buffering. Reseller is not aware about any issue with the channels. Could you please explain in more details how the ISP doing traffic shaping for the IPTV? Is it based on client IP, IP which is most of my traffic coming from, MAC address or any other factor?
hi really knowing how it works, we all i think cant tell you in 100% correct, what we can say, some have issues with their isp/routing, this is verificated when someone uses vpn and suddenly there are no problems anymore. if its really the isp or other problems caused of routing is not verificated in my opinion cause we cant watch where and how the ip packages get slower....

this things you can try:
- try to change the dns on your device , did you try that?
- try other devices, i have often made the experience that when for example the smart tv dont work good, that a fire tv stick works good, just as example, i have a lot of customers where a different device helped, what device with which app do you use? and have you another device to test?
- vpn is forbidden, this i have to say, you can ask your reseller if he can ask iptvcommunity if it would be ok if you can use vpn cause of monthly problems. but i cant tell you if they say yes, cause vpn is forbidden, sometimes they allow - dont try it without they allow, cause then you can disable your account and no one will give you the money back, cause its forbidden

im not your reseller, and i dont want to involve me in other resellers work, if you want you can write me a pm and we can try to fix your problems