• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

VOD4K: How to stream videos in 4K

FiyiK

Contact for Reseller Panels
Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
Gathered some information for you guys read if you're having issues or need extra knowledge with 4K streams.

To take advantage of 4K streaming, you need the following:

1. 4K device
2. A fast and stable internet connection

How to Watch 4K on Ultra HD TV:

Is your TV smart? Your 4K Ultra HD TV has to be a smart TV (able to connect to the internet.) Most are these days but you'll need to check if you have an older set.
You must have HEVC: In addition to being a smart TV, your TV or 4K device also has to have a built-in HEVC decoder. This is what enables the TV/device to decode the 4K signal properly.
Your TV has to be HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant: 4K Ultra HD TVs with built-in HEVC decoders also include this HDMI/HDCP feature so that you will be able to connect to external 4K sources to the TV. These sources can be anything from Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc players or cable/satellite boxes to 4K-enabled media streamers.

Which Devices Are Compatible?

Unfortunately, not all 4K Ultra HD devices have the proper HEVC decoder or are HDMI 2.0, or HDCP 2.2 compliant — especially "TV" sets that came out before 2014.
However, since that time there has been a steady stream of Ultra HD TVs that meet 4K streaming requirements from most brands, including LG, Samsung, Sony, TCL, Hisense, Vizio, and more.

Internet Speed Requirements

The final thing you need to stream 4K content is a fast & stable broadband connection.

Recommended connection: Wired
Minimum internet speed: 25 MB
Wi-Fi: 5GHz gives much more benefits compared to 2.4GHz.

Ethernet vs Wi-Fi

In conjunction with a fast broadband speed, you should also connect your device to the internet via a physical Ethernet connection. Even if your device provides Wi-Fi, it can be unstable, resulting in buffering or stalling, which definitely ruins the movie viewing experience. However, if you are currently using Wi-Fi and haven't had a problem, you may still be OK. Just remember, 4K video contains a lot more data, so even minor interference can cause problems. If you encounter problems using Wi-Fi, Ethernet would be the best option.

Beware of data caps

Be aware of your monthly ISP data caps. Depending on your ISP (internet service provider), you may be subject to a monthly data cap. For most downloading and streaming, these caps often times go unnoticed, but if you are venturing into the 4K territory, you are going to be using more data each month than you are now. If you don't know what your monthly data cap is, how much it costs when you go over it, or even if you have one, contact your ISP for more details.

You're all set, still problems?

1. Try a different connection (2.4GHz - 5GHz - Wired)
2. Try a different app or an extern player. Not all built in media players works properly.
3. Use the right equipment with accessoires (HDMI).
4. Check needed codecs for 4K (MJPEG & HEVC/H.265).
5. Check for your device/app settings.
6. Check your router settings.

Last edited:

Sergio Longhi

Nov 26, 2018
Hello,

I'm an enthusiast 4K user, but I have no experience in IPTV. I tried some channels, but the quality is LOW, really LOW and sometime the whole thing is continuously buffering. I can see Netflix 4K HDR no problem, but what about IPTV?
Do exist 4K channels or Full HD channels? What's the price? Who should I talk to to have some info and buy them?

FiyiK

Contact for Reseller Panels
Premium Member
Reseller
Jan 14, 2017
xs4iptv.xdns.pro
Reseller ID
StarScreaM
Hello,

I'm an enthusiast 4K user, but I have no experience in IPTV. I tried some channels, but the quality is LOW, really LOW and sometime the whole thing is continuously buffering. I can see Netflix 4K HDR no problem, but what about IPTV?
Do exist 4K channels or Full HD channels? What's the price? Who should I talk to to have some info and buy them?
I don't know which IPTV service you have tried. But we have plenty of Full HD channels here at iptv.community.
You can ask for a free trial here (read first post): https://iptv.community/threads/iptv-trial.8337/
This way you will experience our service for your self, all FHD channels are meant to be Full HD. We also have some 4K channels available.

We also have VOD in Full HD and 4K. We have different categories for HD movies and 4K movies.

Any member here in Blue, Orange or Green are official resellers and can offer you a trial or subscription.
Use this link for buying a subscription (read first post): https://iptv.community/threads/iptv-subscription.8338/
Prices are different and depends on the reseller. You could contact any of us directly (including me) or request a subscription at the link mentioned before to compare prices between resellers for the exact same IPTV service.

Last edited:

WizeTV

Verified Reseller
Reseller
Aug 8, 2018
Reseller ID
WizeTV
With the right internet speed and a 4K compatible TV the few channels and VOD in 4K works very well I must say, keep it up ;)

Reactions: FiyiK

Sergio Longhi

Nov 26, 2018
Thank you to both of you.

I will do like you told me, a try and then I'll buy a subscription.
I'm already happy with Netflix 4K and with movies I can find "around" the internet, what I'm really looking for is a way to see the NFL games every Sunday at the best possible quality, 1080. So, it's a pretty specific need.

linlin

Oct 29, 2016
can someone help me ? I want to buy a new mag box. which mag box can play/handel the 4K streams?

Sergio Longhi

Nov 26, 2018
No idea, I use Nvidia Shield with support for 4K as well as Dolby Atmos, an Android device. Here I can install any desired programs.