• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

VU+ and Dreambox subtiltes DVB

kruppin

Sep 25, 2017
Sweden
There isn't anyone who has solved this issue yet? I tried buying a zgemma i55, since it's "made for iptv" and thought then atleast the subtitle problem would be solved, but no it's the same as vu+ zero etc.. Seems to be the newer cpus who have problem with iptv subtitles. Thought about testing to buy a dm520hd, but it is too using newer cpu, so I guess it will be the same? Unless someone here have tested with dm520hd and know if it works or not? :) Oh well, guess I'll buy a used dm500hd v2 instead.

Reactions: Edvardsen

kruppin

Sep 25, 2017
Sweden
Really? On which channels? And what image are you using? And how are you watching the channels, with plugin or in favorites? I have only tried on swedish film channels, which are the only with dvb subs, the appear sometimes only, and when they do there are artifacts in them.

But maybe it's because solo 4k are even newer architecture, with arm instead of mips cpu and therefore all newly compiled drivers etc.

Jaha

Feb 15, 2016
https://imgur.com/a/jWlHe

https://imgur.com/a/vKu2S

Play around in Auto Language Slection, Subtitle Selection Language 1 - set to swedish. (mine is first Engisht, second Swedish)

Then in Subtitle Settings : Use Original DVB subtitle position: play between Original and Relative and see if they show up.

I cycle between OpenATV, PurE2, OpenPLI, but subtitle settings are same on any OpenEmbedded Image.

Reactions: Edvardsen

FreddyK

Jan 7, 2017
Depends on the box some boxes it doesn't work with and i think it's because of drivers.

kruppin

Sep 25, 2017
Sweden
I have it working fine on older mips boxes, dm800hd etc, so I know all that. This problem that I have only affects newer mips enigma2 boxes. ex vu+ zero, zgemma i55 etc. Probably some driver problem.
But was just interested if anyone have tried on a dm520hd, it's using same cpu as zero and i55, and if it was working there, then atleast it's fixable. Arm boxes are quite expensive. Seen some info it works on xtreamtv plugin, but I don't want to lock MAC, also the plugins are unstable and not as good overall as having e2m3u2bouquet.. Oh well. Wierd this isn't more talked about.

Jaha

Feb 15, 2016
Works fine on my Solo2 (openatv) and old DM8000 (Merlin) , both are mips. DM520 is not so old so should work, and Zgemma don't know how much it opens its sources, though its Broadcom too, so mostly any OE based Image or OpenPLI shuld work fine. UK channels that have subs are through Teletex so that should be a problem, but with DVB subs, guess some driver sources are needed so devs can use them for proper dvb-api.

Jaha

Feb 15, 2016
Correnctio: "Teletex so that should be NOT be a problem". No post Edit still on this forum!!!

kruppin

Sep 25, 2017
Sweden
Using openatv on both old dm800hd that works flawlessly and zgemma i55 which have problem. Yeah, it's open source, to a point. They probably rely on broadcom binarys for some stuff, and probably it's these that differ for different cpus and why subtitles work fine on older (and really new arm apparently).
Actually it's both teletext and dvb subtitles that have problem, so I have a theory it could be something like wierd format coding or something like that thats causing it, maybe xc is doing something with the subs. Although the problem with teletext subs are even wierder, because they mix different languages, so if I take swedish, there is sometimes danish etc. It works fine on satellite, havent tried other iptv suppliers. Had hopes it would work differently with extplayer3 but it's the same then too.

Farquaad

Dec 28, 2018
I have a VU+ Dou2 and is not able to get subtitles on swedish channels, tried several images with no luck.
Dreamboxes handles subtitles from what i read. Is DM900 able to show subtitles?

Farquaad

Dec 28, 2018
Yes, subs is enabled. Sometimes the subs appear but only every 8-9 line. Read something about missing DVB-drivers on older Vu+ models.
Is it possible that's the case? Duo2 is 6 years old and Solo 4K 3 years old.

Jaha

Feb 15, 2016
Oldest VU i have is Solo2 which is 5-6y old and subs work, even older i have a DM8000 11-12y subs work fine.

Maybe change the Image? What Image you got?

Farquaad

Dec 28, 2018
I also got a Solo2 that can't handle subs either. I have tried several images such as Openpli, Vix, Blackhole, Openatv with same result.
Could it be the provider of the IPTV?