• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTV Community

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 3, 2015
iptv.community
Hello,

This thread is dedicated to technical issues and questions around Apple TV.
Feel free to submit your questions in order to get help from other community members.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralshammrei

ulfaxe00

Dec 29, 2016
Sweden
Hi
I have a appleTV4 and have installed Kodi to it.
I need help with setup for watchin rapid iptv on it.
I already have a account for ******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******.
Is there anybody out there that can help me?
/Ulf sweden

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Hi
I already have a account for ******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******.
/Ulf sweden
Follow kodi setup tutorial

flexeire

Dec 18, 2016
Hi
/Ulf sweden
My advice is using GSE IPTV app. Works great with epg and overall useability. Will match the feel and look of the Apple TV in general. GSE is acting up weird for some users, but a fresh install of the App you should be fine. Check out the tutorial in the forum

Ludi

Jan 9, 2017
Hi,

the app crashes since a few days on epg update / download as the record number seems to have increased far beyond 200000 records. Before it always stayed sub 200k. Looks like cap has been reached there. Any advice on how to fix this? Is there a limit or selection one can make for what stations one needs epg in order to keep the record number below a certain threshold?

any tips would be greatly appreciated.

thx

Ludi

Arg0n

Jan 18, 2017
I ran into this issue today myself. Decided to create my own EPG XML using webgrabber and only including the channels i watch. Then i scheduled that fetch once every night and placed the file on a local web server (on my pc), so my ATV 4 can reach it at all times.

Made it for the swedish channels (few missing).

Probably a RAM issue with the app (bad garbage collection?) that makes it crash with too many items.

Arg0n

Jan 18, 2017
Hey!

I noticed somewhere that you should be able to change default audio track by using the attribute:
audio-track="swe"

(In the m3u file for a specific channel) e.g.:

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="Eurosport HD SE" tvg-name="Eurosport HD SE" tvg-logo="http://secure.clientportal.link/picons/eurosport1uk.png" audio-track="swe",Eurosport HD SE

This does not seem to be the case tho. Does anyone know if this is possible and I'm doing something wrong?

Also tried with "sv", "eng" and "2".

Eurosport HD SE is still in Norwegian default though.

Thanks for reading and in advance :).

Reactions: rtorkelsen

JADK

Jan 5, 2017
How does one get subtitles to work?
When you're watching a channel, Push touchfield on remote, then Channel information shows up, then swipe to icon left to the "movie reel" icon. If they're available, then you can activate them. And if available, choose between different lanquages.

Note: Some channels use teletext subtitles, and they dont work with KODI and IPTV SImple PVR.
Note 2: Some Scandinavian channels use hardcoded subtitles. They can't be changed or removed.

JADK

Jan 5, 2017
does anyone knew if its possible to use apple remote "plus" and "minus" as channel up/down?
NO. But you can swipe UP (+) or DOWN (-) in the touch field to change channels. Works great and fast zapping. At least in MrMC (Forked KODI) on ATV4 :blush:

rtorkelsen

Oct 14, 2016
Hi,
Wondering about the same, also with subtitles. Is it somehow it is possible to force this + the correct audiotrack throug custom m3u files?

I am using AppleTV4

I have noticed that the method above is available for LG TV with the SmartIP TV app. But I am looking for a solution on appletv 4.

Thanks
rt

flexeire

Dec 18, 2016
Hi guys,

I have been using this website for nearly a year now and they are flawless. Updates come really fast with each update of Kodi. Perfet for using the IPTV client

https://www.koditvbox.ca

This works, and there is no messing around udpating weekly etc.

milanista90

Oct 19, 2016
Hi, Does anyone know if it works with the apple tv 4k?
For my friend everything works fine until he whants to open a live channel or VOD then a message says "Cannot Open"
Somebody in here who knows what the problem can be?