• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Fire TV Technical Issues and Questions

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
@Robouk, did you try to link your playlist with your Mac address again ? That should help to fix it.
If it doesn't help, reduce your BOUQUET list, remove country groups you don't need to reduce the size of your m3u file.

If it still doesn't work, send me a pm and I'll try to help you.

svartchimpans

Jun 7, 2019
Reseller ID
svartchimpans
GREAT News for FireTV 4K OWNERS:

The software issue (crashing playback in some IPTV apps) has been fixed by Amazon, the OS update is coming in late June 2019!

They say it was a problem with decoding interlaced H264 (which some live tv uses), which they've fixed now.

github com/amzn/exoplayer-amazon-port/issues/81#issuecomment-498369303

So you can safely buy FireTV 4Ks! They're so much better than the older ones. Like 3-4x faster CPU, all HDR formats supported, 4K supported etc! :)

Reactions: Hectorious

svartchimpans

Jun 7, 2019
Reseller ID
svartchimpans
(Manually fix the domain name in my url above to read the Amazon news, I didn't want to post a straight link!)

svartchimpans

Jun 7, 2019
Reseller ID
svartchimpans
alternatively you can use the STB EMU on fire tv stick 4k, if you need help with installation, send a PM to me :)
The problem is that they've identified a software-firmware bug in the hardware decoder. So the FireTV needs a BIOS update. And because it's a firmware-issue, it affects all Android apps/players that are hardware-accelerated (stbemu (with exo player, ljk player), etc). But of course it doesn't affect software-decoders (like VLC, I think?).

We must all wait until the end of June, to stop the crashing of decoding of interlaced streams (which is still pretty common on live tv; however, most hd channels these days send non-interlaced (progressive scan)).

Most of my channels are progressive, but I can crash my FireTV by playing any interlaced content (specific channels in StbEmu etc).

I love StbEmu, and I really look forward to the FireTV firmware update to fix the few crashing (interlaced) channels that I have!

Reactions: dragon90

svartchimpans

Jun 7, 2019
Reseller ID
svartchimpans
The new FireTV 4K OS update is out since June 22nd. Deinterlacing now works better on the FireTV 4k but users still managed to find certain videostreams that can crash it. So a new update will be required again.

Reactions: Hectorious

OZeToo

Apr 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

I use the siptv app with the usual fire tv stick on 2 different TVs and lanes. It gone well for more then a year now, but today I got Connect Failed! on every channel. With an external player like vlc it works but the internal siptv player won't connect. It's weird that this happened to both TV sticks at the same time.

I tried following things:

Reduce and relink the playlist several times.
Restart the app. Clear cache, data, uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the app. Reboot router. Reboot firetv stick.

None of this worked. I am a little frustrated, because I don't know what to do next and this issue affects mine and my parents TV. For now I can open the external player on every channel, but that is annoying and slow for swapping.

Please help.

Sorry for bad grammer. Thanks for reading.

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Hello everyone,

I use the siptv app with the usual fire tv stick on 2 different TVs and lanes. It gone well for more then a year now, but today I got Connect Failed! on every channel. With an external player like vlc it works but the internal siptv player won't connect. It's weird that this happened to both TV sticks at the same time.

I tried following things:

Reduce and relink the playlist several times.
Restart the app. Clear cache, data, uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the app. Reboot router. Reboot firetv stick.

None of this worked. I am a little frustrated, because I don't know what to do next and this issue affects mine and my parents TV. For now I can open the external player on every channel, but that is annoying and slow for swapping.

Please help.

Sorry for bad grammer. Thanks for reading.
Please try and upload the HLS version of the M3U to the app and see if that works .. And if you are already using the HLS version try the MPEGTS one :)

OZeToo

Apr 11, 2018
Please try and upload the HLS version of the M3U to the app and see if that works .. And if you are already using the HLS version try the MPEGTS one :)
I was using HLS and changing to MPEGTS worked. Thank you very much. It's weird, that it worked with HLS for so long. Thanks!

uriX

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵Highly recommended ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Reseller
I ´m using TIvi Mate and have crashes too ... What is the HLS ?
if you have a fast internet connection (80mbps+), use MPEGTS, if you have a slower connection, use HLS. There's a difference in buffering and download speed requirment .

the differenece is HLS download first and plays after that ( longer starting time) and Mpgets downloads and plays at the same time ( instant play)

ccouteiro

Jan 16, 2019
Mine is ts... i just saw it... i will try smart iptv on other box ( wetek play 2) and i will see if crashes too...

ccouteiro

Jan 16, 2019
I can´t see IPTV Throught my apps of the fire stick... Everything freezes... If i try the same apps on other box (wetek play ) everything works fine .
I have tivimate premium and smart iptv, both after a 10 seconds, sometimes maybe more freeze... The weird thing is some channels don´t freeze , generally is allways the same channels freezing but only in the stick, on wetek everything works fine....