• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Fire TV Technical Issues and Questions

lewis222

Jul 22, 2021
Reseller ID
tellytime
Hi - I'm having trouble with the TV guide section going extremely slow when browsing.

Everything else is working fine, I can watch VOD, series and any channel normally. It's just browsing the menus which is getting annoying.

Thanks

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi - I'm having trouble with the TV guide section going extremely slow when browsing.

Everything else is working fine, I can watch VOD, series and any channel normally. It's just browsing the menus which is getting annoying.

Thanks
What app do you use ? Fire tv is android and if one app is stocking, just try another one. If you need help with fire tv settings, feel free to send a PM to me :)

Berni1

Sep 17, 2016
I've purchased a new Firetv Stick 4K in December. Today I've installed smart iptv app, using the downloader app. Then I've uploaded a m3u file, that works on an older firetv stick. Well, all movies in this m3u file are listed properly, by I'm not able to select a movie in this list and to start it. I've tested it with 2 different remote controls, with the new one as well with remote control of my old firetv stick. I'm able to scroll through the whole list. But when I select a movie, nothing happens. What's wrong? Is it possible, the smart iptv is not working with the latest version of firetv stick? Any ideas what might be wrong?

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
I've purchased a new Firetv Stick 4K in December. Today I've installed smart iptv app, using the downloader app. Then I've uploaded a m3u file, that works on an older firetv stick. Well, all movies in this m3u file are listed properly, by I'm not able to select a movie in this list and to start it. I've tested it with 2 different remote controls, with the new one as well with remote control of my old firetv stick. I'm able to scroll through the whole list. But when I select a movie, nothing happens. What's wrong? Is it possible, the smart iptv is not working with the latest version of firetv stick? Any ideas what might be wrong?
You are talking about vod ?

Beside any other IPTV app on your Android Fire TV device, it’s important to install the VLC player as well.
You’ll find the VLC player in the official Fire TV App Store.
The VLC Player brings the right codec which might help you to play all video formats smoothly, not only live TV, also most of the VOD content require it.
Install the VLC App beside your main IPTV App to have a smooth video flow on Android, that’s it.
In case of any video content can’t be displayed in your main IPTV app: Just install the VLC player which is often the solution to display the video content cause it brings the right video codec.

Berni1

Sep 17, 2016
You are talking about vod ?

Beside any other IPTV app on your Android Fire TV device, it’s important to install the VLC player as well.
You’ll find the VLC player in the official Fire TV App Store.
The VLC Player brings the right codec which might help you to play all video formats smoothly, not only live TV, also most of the VOD content require it.
Install the VLC App beside your main IPTV App to have a smooth video flow on Android, that’s it.
In case of any video content can’t be displayed in your main IPTV app: Just install the VLC player which is often the solution to display the video content cause it brings the right video codec.
Thank you for your fast reply. I was a bit skeptical. Because when I use the left und right button of the remote control, it is possible to start the next movie. But you are right, after installing VLC I can scroll through the whole list and select any movie. It is working properly now. Thank you very much for your support!