• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

IPTV app for Samsung Q60

Gooner1886

Dec 17, 2019
Hi!

I just bought a Samsung Q60R TV and I'm wondering if it is possible to download an IPTV app on it? I understand that Smart IPTV is the best app but is it available for the Q series? It is not included in the installation guide here on the forums ("Manually Installation Guide")

Would really appreciate any help on this! Thank you!

Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
on new samsung TV the smart iptv app is not available...
you can install it going through an usb devise etc... but in my opinion it makes more sense to use a box like formuler

Gooner1886

Dec 17, 2019
on new samsung TV the smart iptv app is not available...
you can install it going through an usb devise etc... but in my opinion it makes more sense to use a box like formuler
Ok so it is possible to download it using USB device?

Why is a box better?

Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
yes it is... here is a small tutorial
Smart IPTV USB

with smart iptv app you cannot handle subtitles for VOD. you cannot catch-up channels, you cannot record, and also de EPG are not the original ones as smart iptv provides their own EPG independet of the source you use. on top you're prone to problems that smart iptv might have themselves. that means maybe the source is working 100% but you're not able to watch because the server of smart IPTV is down.

if you just need it to watch tv, then of course it might be ok.

Gooner1886

Dec 17, 2019
yes it is... here is a small tutorial
Smart IPTV USB

with smart iptv app you cannot handle subtitles for VOD. you cannot catch-up channels, you cannot record, and also de EPG are not the original ones as smart iptv provides their own EPG independet of the source you use. on top you're prone to problems that smart iptv might have themselves. that means maybe the source is working 100% but you're not able to watch because the server of smart IPTV is down.

if you just need it to watch tv, then of course it might be ok.
Ah I see. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

I will test and see if Smart IPTV works well at first as I think there is a trial period

Joni

Aug 1, 2017
Reseller ID
Joni
Hi

Did you manage to install it manually with a usb stick? I just bought a Samsung Q70 and followed the guide for manual installation but nothing happens when I put in the stick in the TV. And I did exactly how it says, extracted the zip file into the root of the stick. But it wont install anything.

Gooner1886

Dec 17, 2019
Hi

Did you manage to install it manually with a usb stick? I just bought a Samsung Q70 and followed the guide for manual installation but nothing happens when I put in the stick in the TV. And I did exactly how it says, extracted the zip file into the root of the stick. But it wont install anything.
Hi. Yes it worked fine for me. The app installed automatically once I put the USB in TV. Make sure that the file is the only thing on the stick.

Strange that it’s not working.

Joni

Aug 1, 2017
Reseller ID
Joni
Thanks for your reply. I will try to do a reset on the tv. Did you change the format on your usb stick or you used FAT32?

Dreamer 78

May 28, 2020
hi, you can use home iptv. it's free not to good but It does the job. you can upload your list form web

Regards