** KODI and full EPG **

• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.
T

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
The problem is the file itself, not your config or anything. The downloaded file is incomplete.

Here is how to verify, open powershell ISE on a Windows 10 computer and paste this, edit username and password.
$FileToGet = "http://clientportal.link/xmltv.php?username=REPLACE-WITH-YOUR-USERNAME&password=REPLACE-WITH-YOUR-PASSWORD"
$SaveToFile = "C:\SomeFolder\epg.xml"
$client = new-object System.Net.WebClient
$client.DownloadFile($FileToGet,$SaveToFile)

This will download a file that is about 45MB in size and contain lots of programs, but looking at the end of the file there is no correct ending, it just stops in the middle of a program description. Since the file is incomplete/incorrect whatever is reading the file will not understand it.
So I dont belive that there is anything an enduser can do, the file must be fixed by whoever it is generating it.

K

KobusKrukas

Jan 12, 2019
The problem is the file itself, not your config or anything. The downloaded file is incomplete.

Here is how to verify, open powershell ISE on a Windows 10 computer and paste this, edit username and password.
$FileToGet = "http://clientportal.link/xmltv.php?username=REPLACE-WITH-YOUR-USERNAME&password=REPLACE-WITH-YOUR-PASSWORD"
$SaveToFile = "C:\SomeFolder\epg.xml"
$client = new-object System.Net.WebClient
$client.DownloadFile($FileToGet,$SaveToFile)

This will download a file that is about 45MB in size and contain lots of programs, but looking at the end of the file there is no correct ending, it just stops in the middle of a program description. Since the file is incomplete/incorrect whatever is reading the file will not understand it.
So I dont belive that there is anything an enduser can do, the file must be fixed by whoever it is generating it.
Hi @tjockis

Here it stops at around 40 Mb.... And as you said without proper ending (so incomplete file)....
Is this happening because of the size of the file or does serverend cuts the connection because of excessive download?

I'm open for all suggestions ;-)

T

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
I really have no idea, all I can see is that the file never comes down correctly, and I think that is what happens to Kodi also with makes it not work.
I have no idea if other apps work with that URL if they "read the file differently" and that makes it work or not.

I asked my reseller (Sense) for other xml files that he provides, I then have a powershell script that combines them to a single file that I then points out in Kodi. It would be simpler with just one single file but he provides xml files based on contries, like seden.xml, united-states.xml and so on, and in Kodi you can only use one file for epg so thats how I solved it.

Sense

Sense

* TRUSTED * Super Reseller *
Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
sensustv.xdns.pro
I really have no idea, all I can see is that the file never comes down correctly, and I think that is what happens to Kodi also with makes it not work.
I have no idea if other apps work with that URL if they "read the file differently" and that makes it work or not.

I asked my reseller (Sense) for other xml files that he provides, I then have a powershell script that combines them to a single file that I then points out in Kodi. It would be simpler with just one single file but he provides xml files based on contries, like seden.xml, united-states.xml and so on, and in Kodi you can only use one file for epg so thats how I solved it.
Great work @tjockis , Would the powershell solution be something for other clients of this community to try out ? , Or a bit to advanced ? ;)

T

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
The powershell thingies would only work for people who run Kodi on a PC, or have a PC running that can generate and share the file for whatever box they are using, but my guess is most people who use Kodi runs it on their tv or android box or whatever and those devices does not run powershell. Well actually its not specific to Kodi at all, it actually only downloads xml files and combines them info a single xml file... but the requirement is being able to run powershell.

But if there are interest enough or you are interested in combining some country xml files in to different combination xml for you customers I'm willing to share what I have.

Reactions: KobusKrukas
Sense

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
sensustv.xdns.pro
To all :

The issues regarding EPG is now resolved. The above method should work just fine, Tested today 2019-04-12 nad all EPG is downloaded.. Keep in mind that FULL Epg does not mean 100% of all the channels since not all EPG is available.. FULL Epg refers to more countries at once ;)

For any support in this matter you are welcome to write here or contact me.

@Sense

Sense

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
sensustv.xdns.pro
Note : Please make sure that " cache at local storage " is NOT activated under EPG settings in Simple IPTV client.