• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

** KODI and full EPG **

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
I really have no idea, all I can see is that the file never comes down correctly, and I think that is what happens to Kodi also with makes it not work.
I have no idea if other apps work with that URL if they "read the file differently" and that makes it work or not.

I asked my reseller (Sense) for other xml files that he provides, I then have a powershell script that combines them to a single file that I then points out in Kodi. It would be simpler with just one single file but he provides xml files based on contries, like seden.xml, united-states.xml and so on, and in Kodi you can only use one file for epg so thats how I solved it.

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
I really have no idea, all I can see is that the file never comes down correctly, and I think that is what happens to Kodi also with makes it not work.
I have no idea if other apps work with that URL if they "read the file differently" and that makes it work or not.

I asked my reseller (Sense) for other xml files that he provides, I then have a powershell script that combines them to a single file that I then points out in Kodi. It would be simpler with just one single file but he provides xml files based on contries, like seden.xml, united-states.xml and so on, and in Kodi you can only use one file for epg so thats how I solved it.
Great work @tjockis , Would the powershell solution be something for other clients of this community to try out ? , Or a bit to advanced ? ;)

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
The powershell thingies would only work for people who run Kodi on a PC, or have a PC running that can generate and share the file for whatever box they are using, but my guess is most people who use Kodi runs it on their tv or android box or whatever and those devices does not run powershell. Well actually its not specific to Kodi at all, it actually only downloads xml files and combines them info a single xml file... but the requirement is being able to run powershell.

But if there are interest enough or you are interested in combining some country xml files in to different combination xml for you customers I'm willing to share what I have.

Reactions: KobusKrukas

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
To all :

The issues regarding EPG is now resolved. The above method should work just fine, Tested today 2019-04-12 nad all EPG is downloaded.. Keep in mind that FULL Epg does not mean 100% of all the channels since not all EPG is available.. FULL Epg refers to more countries at once ;)

For any support in this matter you are welcome to write here or contact me.

@Sense

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense

In order for KODI to always choose your native subtitles language ( if avaiable ) please add the following settings to your KODI setup.

1. Select settings and Player.

2. Language and then Prefered Subtitle Language.

Regards.

@Sense

schelling

Nov 21, 2018
Anyone else having trouble with this EPG? It’s been two days now and there seems to be no EPG, or at least no EPG is downloading at all. Any ideas?

lexcyr

Jun 29, 2019
Hello,
i am new in kodi, i have IPTV subscrition but i have never been able to have epg on it. With the same subscription on my smartTV with siptv, i am able to have epg.
i tried to follow the steps provided by tjockis but not file is downloaded. in another hand i don't know if i need to change the adresse with my provider address or if i need to keep the "clientportal.link"?

app: Kodi 18.2
add-on: IPTV PVR simple client

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Hello,
i am new in kodi, i have IPTV subscrition but i have never been able to have epg on it. With the same subscription on my smartTV with siptv, i am able to have epg.
i tried to follow the steps provided by tjockis but not file is downloaded. in another hand i don't know if i need to change the adresse with my provider address or if i need to keep the "clientportal.link"?

app: Kodi 18.2
add-on: IPTV PVR simple client
Use the settings i have provided :)

That means that you use your username and password in the XML link and you should be set ;)

lexcyr

Jun 29, 2019
Use the settings i have provided :)

That means that you use your username and password in the XML link and you should be set ;)
That's exactly where I am confuse. What password should I use? The one from my IPTV provider or the one from this community forum?
Sorry if I not smart enough to understand it quickly

DirectReach

Jul 20, 2019
I was having a lot of problems with Simple Client on Kodi like not downloading channels or EPG.

I simply removed all traces of Kodi from my device. Then downloaded and installed the latest build, followed Senses tutorial in the OP and everything is now working great.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Sense

ventrachou15

Aug 26, 2019
Hi,
EPG works great for me with your method! my provider didn't tell me how to get the xmltv file. I have been looking for tutos everywhere, this one was the most precise.
Thousands thanks, Sense

Reactions: Sense