• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Raspberry Pi Technical Issues

danielsan123

Apr 29, 2017
Hi! I have several RPI model B. Using Sportsdevil and other streaming addons are very slow. Does anyone using ITTV with model B? How´s it working?

miiisa

Apr 16, 2017
EPG is to big for RPI3.

The same for my RPI.

So I got another EPG for just the channels i watch
How did you get that epg? I just need epg for 2 countries, no need for me for all 5000 channels.
I fixed EPG problem on my own raspberry by splicing together 2 country EPG like you wanted to Kladde. I just wrote a simple bash script that does its job on autostart.

lumar

Nov 15, 2017
NL
Does anybody else has issues when changing channels ?
Most of the times when I switch channels, the current channel image just freezes and the new channel doesnt load.. just stops the transmission and goes back to the KODI / OSMC menu.. and then I have to press the channel again and then it loads normally.

I'm using a new RaspberryPi3 with a fresh installation of OSMC and Arctic:Zephyr theme.

Do I need to tweak some settings to have it run smoothly with none of these issues ?

Thanks in advance.

Sundh

Feb 1, 2017
try disabling amcodec from System - Video (expert setting level) - Acceleration - Allow hardware acceleration (amcodec) - OFF

lumar

Nov 15, 2017
NL
Sorry for the late reply and thx for the answer.

I can't seem to find that Video option you said.. even though I have already expert settings level activated of course.

When I go to Settings > System menu I only have 7 sub-options available (Display, Audio, Input, Internet Access, Power Saving, Addons, Logging) and none of these options have settings regarding video acceleration..

The only settings I found regardin hardware acceleration are located under Player > Videos, and then in the "Processing" section there is:
"Allow hardware acceleration - OMXPlayer" and "Allow hardware acceleration - MMAL" which I have both deactivated.. but still I have random image freezes and stops while switching channels, like every 4 or 5 times I switch..

I already searched all the menus and submenus for those settings you referred.. but couldn't find it.

I'm running Kodi 17.5 on OSMC 2017.10-1 (kernel: Linux 4.9.29-10-osmc)
GPU: VideoCore IV HW
OpenGL vendor: Broadcom
OpenGL version: OpenGL ES 2.0
PVR backend: IPTV Simple PVR Add-on

Any help ? is there another IPTV backend that is better or more stable to use ? or do I need to change something in MyOSMC addon for overclocking or adding MPG2 or WVC1 license ?

thx in advance.

jasse

Dec 29, 2016
EPG is to big for RPI3.

The same for my RPI.

So I got another EPG for just the channels i watch
How did you get that epg? I just need epg for 2 countries, no need for me for all 5000 channels.
I fixed EPG problem on my own raspberry by splicing together 2 country EPG like you wanted to Kladde. I just wrote a simple bash script that does its job on autostart.

Awesome, care to share the script? Thnx

Eirik Olsen

Dec 19, 2017

Awesome, care to share the script? Thnx
Yes, of course. I will share it later tonight when I get home from work.

FreddyK

Jan 7, 2017
You could also try change in Live TV settings for how many days you want EPG.
If you have problems you could EPG for 1 day.

miiisa

Apr 16, 2017
Yes. You could try that. It did not work for me however. I think the EPG for every country simply was too big for the RPI. But do try!

miiisa

Apr 16, 2017
Have you had the chance to share the script? Would love to get my hands on it.

I have a python script that does the job, but it has to be run on a pc because of high resource usage
Sorry thought you fixed your problem by setting a limit on days to load on the EPG.

I just wrote this now so you can basically see what I did. It's simple but it does the trick for me.

Download whatever guide(s) you want and then concatenate them together.

Just change as you need

#!/bin/bash
(

sleep 5
cd /storage/downloads/
# Remove old guide
rm <epg1>.xml

#get guide(s)
wget http://estiptv******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******/epg/<epg1>.xml.gz
wget http://estiptv******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN *******/epg/<epg2>.xml.gz

#extract
gzip -df <epg1>.xml.gz <epg2>.xml.gz

#removes some lines so you can concatenate together
sed -i '$ d' <epg1>_guide.xml
sed -i '1,2d' <epg2>_guide.xml

#concat
cat <epg2>_guide.xml >> <epg1>_guide.xml

#remove
rm <epg2>.xml
)

Kladde

Nov 23, 2016
Hi.

I have raspberry pi 2 and 3.
Epg works on pi 3 but not on pi 2. Everything is the same setup on both. Why is it so? Anyone?

miiisa

Apr 16, 2017
Hi.

Epg works on pi 3 but not on pi 2. Everything is the same setup on both. Why is it so? Anyone?
Well the RPI 3 is quite a bit faster than the RPI 2. That might be it. I have switched all my RPI 2 to 3.

I have also bought the MPEG-2 license so i can use Hardware decoding.

jassie

Jan 19, 2017
Hi.

Well the RPI 3 is quite a bit faster than the RPI 2. That might be it. I have switched all my RPI 2 to 3.

How do you experience any difference with the MPEG-2 license? Wondering if it will improve the experience
My tv often (after several hours of use+switching channels) starts buffering. Most likely it's the RPI3, or my internet (RPI is cabled but sometimes congestion in the whole area..)

Kladde

Nov 23, 2016
Hi.

It worked some weeks ago why now it doesn't work? Maybe I should try another epg service. Now I am using siptv