• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Recommended SET-TOP-BOX in 2020

SanoSat

Aug 18, 2020
Hi and welcome to this guide.

As you all know there are (if not) thousands of different boxes to choose from. It can therefore get a little tricky to know what device to choose for that reason.
Depending on your budget, a box could cost you anywhere from 30$ up to 300$+.

Im guessing, you have all searched for boxes on AliExpress, Wish etc. for a cheap box because your favourite app got removed from your TV, or your just stuck with the shitty SS-IPTV?

Look no more because im going to convince you why you should choose this box that I recommend in 2020.
Observe that this is solely my perspective on a STB box and should only guide and educate you in what to look for when choosing your box.
Cut the crap.

The recommended SET-TOP-BOX in 2020

TVIP S-Box v.605

1021х525_1.png
What are good shoes for if you don't know how to run? - SanoSat
Exactly!

Using the shoes right is what this box does. It makes the experience smooth, just what we like. Don't bother looking at the RAM or say
"I can get more RAM for a cheaper price on Ali"
Yes you can. But why would you need more RAM in the first place? It's either watching TV or anything else. You can't do all at the same time.

"bbbut i can game on it"
TBH... WHO THE FUCK GAMES ON A TV USING A SET-TOP-BOX??

Anyways, the specs?

Specifications

ChipsetAmlogic S905X quad core 1,5 GHz
Video resolution3840x2160 (HDR)
3D GraphicsOpenGL ES 2.0 (Mali-450 penta core)
MemoryRAM 1 Gb, Flash 8 Gb
InterfacesHDMI, AV, Ethernet, 2xUSB, MicroSD Card, ext.IR, WiFi 802.11 (b/g/n/ac) 2,4/5 GHz, Bluetooth

Operating systemLinux or Android 8.0 (Oreo)
Supported MiddlewareTVIP TMS, IPTVPORTAL, Open JSON API, Stalker, Microimpuls, Smotreshka, HTML5/JS portals
Remote provisioningTR-069 or TVIP XML
ContainersMPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, OGG
ProtocolsUDP, RTP, HTTP, HLS, MPEG-DASH, RTSP, SMB, NFS, DLNA
CAS/DRMTVIP, IPTVPORTAL, BISS, Widevine L3, optional: PlayReady, Verimatrix 3.x, Widevine L1
Video codecsH.265(10 bit), VP9, H.264, MPEG4 ASP, Xvid, MPEG2, MJPEG 2160p 60fps
Audio codecsMPEG/MP3/MPA, AAC, WMA, OGG, WAV, FLAC, APE
SubtitlesDVBSUB, VOBSUB, Teletext, SSA/ASS, SubRip, MOV_TEXT, WebVTT
ImagesJPEG, PNG

Remember the feel when you purchased your first or last Playstation/Xbox? I almost get the same feeling by using this box.
Yes the packaging is abit old fashioned and mediocre but thats not the product in the end.

The price? Around 60-150$ depending on where you buy it. These boxes are designed and developed in Russia, Made in China and imported by Switzerland to EU.
You can still find them on Aliexpress for as low as 60$/piece. Trust me even thou this is my first post, you are not going to regret it.

Reactions: Nonid

retro

Aug 3, 2017
Well, the tvip is ok, and a couple of years ago I would have recommended it too. Especially over the Mags..
But, since the Formulers or actually any decent spec box running Android TV with TiviMate, tvip would not be my 2020 choice.

SanoSat

Aug 18, 2020
Well, the tvip is ok, and a couple of years ago I would have recommended it too. Especially over the Mags..
But, since the Formulers or actually any decent spec box running Android TV with TiviMate, tvip would not be my 2020 choice.
I mean, yes you could discuss it. Althou running MAG on this is flawless in my opinion. Especially for the price its without doubt worth it.