• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Remote VPN Control Device, Router ?? app enabIed. Is there anything.

j3lna

Oct 9, 2019
Hi all,

was hoping if any of you could help me. My father currently uses IPTV to view his channels, though, being from the UK there is 3 pm isp weekend block on his subscription. Of course, the only way to bypass this is to use a VPN service. though, because my father is not tech savvy and does not know how to activate the VPN via the app on his firestick, he's easily forgetful when it comes to those things. He knows how to access the IPTV app and view his channels etc... though, when it comes to adapting through such devices he finds it a little difficult. I wanted to make it easy for my father.

So I wanted to know if there is any possibility that the VPN may be activated remotely if this was possible? either by using a router with (VPN feature) which has remote app control in order so for me to activate the VPN via my phone or laptop etc... this is because I do not live with my father or a maybe a router that has a VPN button so all my father would have to do is push the button once to turn on and turn off the VPN.

Is this a possibility. If not, then any recommendations or opinions would be grateful.

Thank you to all for the answers in advance.

Hectorious

Official Verified & Trusted
Reseller
May 5, 2017
www.rapidiptv.live
Hi all,

was hoping if any of you could help me. My father currently uses IPTV to view his channels, though, being from the UK there is 3 pm isp weekend block on his subscription. Of course, the only way to bypass this is to use a VPN service. though, because my father is not tech savvy and does not know how to activate the VPN via the app on his firestick, he's easily forgetful when it comes to those things. He knows how to access the IPTV app and view his channels etc... though, when it comes to adapting through such devices he finds it a little difficult. I wanted to make it easy for my father.

So I wanted to know if there is any possibility that the VPN may be activated remotely if this was possible? either by using a router with (VPN feature) which has remote app control in order so for me to activate the VPN via my phone or laptop etc... this is because I do not live with my father or a maybe a router that has a VPN button so all my father would have to do is push the button once to turn on and turn off the VPN.

Is this a possibility. If not, then any recommendations or opinions would be grateful.

is your subscription out ouf our community ? vpn isn't welcome here.
but an option would be to setup a second router with integrated vpn client software, e.g. asus router. (there a some good asus router with vpn client software integrated).
on such a router you can setup vpn and if it comes to a block, he can simply change wifi or cable to the second router and you are online with vpn ;)

j3lna

Oct 9, 2019
is your subscription out ouf our community ? vpn isn't welcome here.
but an option would be to setup a second router with integrated vpn client software, e.g. asus router. (there a some good asus router with vpn client software integrated).
on such a router you can setup vpn and if it comes to a block, he can simply change wifi or cable to the second router and you are online with vpn ;)
Hi Hectorious, if you could check your PM i have sent you a message regarding your suggestion. Thanks.

tyorngir

Dec 6, 2018
Luckily it's allowed now to use VPN with our services :)
And where can I find the info that it is allowed? I can only find you saying that in 2 threads when doing a search.......
Yes, I see that you are a Verified & Trusted Super Reseller but this kind of info should be communicated in a better way.......

Mandyola

Sep 20, 2019
Has anyone set up VPN on virgin Hub 3. looking for a suitable VPN that will work on aforesaid hub.

rockabilly65

Oct 12, 2017
Hi all,

Easy when you have set it up.