• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Required Internet Speed

tschungge

Apr 19, 2019
Hi,

I wanted to get a brief clarification on the topic around the recommended internet speed and latency.

Now I have read through the threads here and it turns out that around 30mbits and below 10ms are considered as optimal. My current speed is 14mbits and 12ms latency. The streams work overall fine - sometimes I face buffers and the picture is not always running smoothly (low fps). This is also why I will get a fast connection soon.

But: I would still be interested to learn more about the required internet for a smooth IPTV experience. Here I read numbers like 20, 30, 50mps. When I google more about this - I read that even 12mps are good enough to watch FHD IPTV streams. What is now really required in terms of the required internet? Why is there such a discrepency of information from different sources?
Regards

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Hi,

I wanted to get a brief clarification on the topic around the recommended internet speed and latency.

Now I have read through the threads here and it turns out that around 30mbits and below 10ms are considered as optimal. My current speed is 14mbits and 12ms latency. The streams work overall fine - sometimes I face buffers and the picture is not always running smoothly (low fps). This is also why I will get a fast connection soon.

But: I would still be interested to learn more about the required internet for a smooth IPTV experience. Here I read numbers like 20, 30, 50mps. When I google more about this - I read that even 12mps are good enough to watch FHD IPTV streams. What is now really required in terms of the required internet? Why is there such a discrepency of information from different sources?
Regards

There is more to it than just Mbps ;)

Check here Best experience

Jan 7, 2019
Reseller ID
droelfmalbumst
if you have low traffic potential then FHD and higher will never work smooth... that's just a fact and 12 mbps are def. not enough for FHD. you have to double it at least ir even have 30 or more to be able to watch it without buffers

additional to that you have those informations about theory and those about practice.. I would go for practice to be safe ;)

also having like a 100mbs connectiom at home, doesn't mean that you'll get 100mbs as the provider also has his traffic faults and as more people using it simoultaniously as less the speed etc...