• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Smart IPTV Update on Google Store

Helvetica

Oct 9, 2019
Hi everyone, I have a Sony TV with a 6 or 7 year old Shield attached.
Since I got the Shield for my IPTV I have been using Smart IPTV. Last week I was having problems, so I decided to update the Smart IPTV app to 1.8.2.
The problem is now that the app is only available on Google Play Store, and the system did not realise that I had already paid for the App and that my email address, Mac address (which Google does not use) and Device ID are already registered. So suddenly last night I got a message telling me that the app was only a trial version and I needed to pay.
I wouldn't mind paying again, because it is a superb app, but when I clicked OK, it told me to go to the Google Store and use ... "Continue". I did that, but there was no option to pay. Then I selected Smart IPTV and tried to add the device, but was told my email address and the NVidia Shield were already registered.
Restarted the App on the TV but the screen with "this is a trial version... etc and I need to pay.... cropped up again.
Nearly in tears, I called my brilliant son-in-law who came round and spent 2 hours trying this that and the other, and he finally managed to somehow re-install the old 1.7.4 (or something) version, which is working.
So how are other people getting round the problem ? the siptv website gives very little information and none at all about when one is being asked to pay again for the app. Please note that I am a female of very little IPTV-Systems brain, so simple language would be appreciated.

Is there another good IPTV app for the Shield, where one can - like on the siptv.app/mylist web site - add one's MAC address (or device ID) and simply copy and paste one's line instead of having to type it in letter by letter ?