• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Streaming Box Recommendations

CityInk

May 6, 2019
I am currently using the Nvidia Shield in my living room. However, I would like to add a box in my bedroom to replace the firestick that is currently in there. I don't want to shell out the money for another Shield though. What are some recommendations for a decent box that will get the job done? I don't want a $5 box that I will want to throw in the bin. But, on the other side of it, I'm not looking to spend a bunch of money on a box that I will rarely use. Thank you for you time and I'm curious to see what some of the recommendations will be!

vinter

Feb 1, 2019
I think many boxes will do the job". depends on what else is important for you .. Since i wasn't happy with my MAG, I bought a Vero 4k+ and it's exactly what i wanted. It's not really cheap, but way cheaper than Nvidia Shield.

CityInk

May 6, 2019
I think many boxes will do the job". depends on what else is important for you .. Since i wasn't happy with my MAG, I bought a Vero 4k+ and it's exactly what i wanted. It's not really cheap, but way cheaper than Nvidia Shield.
Well I have 1gb internet so speed really. It's a shame to have all this internet speed and have a slow streaming device. Ethernet port and USB would also be ideal.

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
I like you have and love Nvidia Shield, I think whatever else you get will make you dissapointed... so if it is just the money buy a used Shield.

CityInk

May 6, 2019
I use that TV maybe a couple times a week at the most. I just can't justify spending the $179 for a shield for in there.

tjockis

Jan 22, 2019
Sweden
Just the cheapest is I guess a RPI with LibreELEC and config Kodi and you are done. I think its hard to do cheaper than that.

baroca

Jun 28, 2019
Hello, in the update of tvip 605, the MODE MAG API has disappeared and now GSTB appears, I try to put a portal and it does not work, can someone help me?

uriX

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵Highly recommended ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Reseller
Hello. I completely agree with you. $ 180 is a lot of money for a TV box that you use little. My best recommendation to you is: TVIP 605 or Android TV stick, which is similar to Amazone fire TV stick, but much cheaper. I bought one for $ 50 and it seems hassle-free. send me a PM if you want a link on it.

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Its Android TV OS .. So yes not all phone based apps can be found there.. However.,, We are talking about streaming IPTV .. And for that you can use ANY iptv app.. Even the ones not found in the store :)