• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

TVIP 605 Review

Charbybos

Jun 7, 2019
Boston
Hi guys
This box is great but not fully finished product, I just got the new 2019 version updated 23-MAY-2019
-Blue tooth: do not connect it, the screen will go crazy in some situations if you hold the arrow down for example.
-Using the multi portal (up to 10 IPTV subscriptions) is a challenge to use, I was not able to fully use it yet.
-If you put the wrong WiFi password, it will say connected, then after 5 or 6 seconds, will show disconnected, as you don't see the password it is difficult to know if you made a mistake or if your wife or the box is defective .
-Using a link M3U is also a challenge as often IPTV providers don't provide a an EPG file
-Unable to record even if it seems an option
-Used as a MAG is wiping out the Plexx and youtube icons
-Used as a MAG, you can NOT change the parental control password usually 0000 or 8888 (default)
-Not compatible on 3+ old Samsung unless you change the setting to 1080 i/p
-Could not figure out how to use the TVIP 605 as a android box
If you can overcome these issues, it is a great box... a lot of providers replace the MAG with this box (can be found under $59.00)

NN48DuxQW0pnJhJU

Aug 12, 2019
I am using 605 with the update from late july.
1) Bluetooth is working fine, no problem.
2) I am using Portal, works fine but had to use GSTB and TV CHanngels Only.
3) Plexx and Youtube icons can be activated/deactivated in settings.
4) Parental control is changeable now
5) Compatible with older TV:s I use auto for resolutions but can also be manually changed to get the right output.
6) Havent used it as Android Box but as linux it is nice and fast. The wifi seems good as well.

KeelieG530

Sep 6, 2019
Sacramento, Ca
Hello, family loves our tvip v605, but yesterday, it started erasing our channels. I reset the box and now there is a black screen. Do I have to get a new one now?

uriX

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵Highly recommended ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Reseller
I am using 605 with the update from late july.
1) Bluetooth is working fine, no problem.
2) I am using Portal, works fine but had to use GSTB and TV CHanngels Only.
3) Plexx and Youtube icons can be activated/deactivated in settings.
4) Parental control is changeable now
5) Compatible with older TV:s I use auto for resolutions but can also be manually changed to get the right output.
6) Havent used it as Android Box but as linux it is nice and fast. The wifi seems good as well.
Hello,
Where do you change Parental control password in tvip 605?

vahagnaramyan

Jan 26, 2020
Hi guys,

I am new in this forum but face the question. Yesterday I meet MAG420w1 Premium IPTV+OTT Set-Top Box ( / 4K and HEVC Support / Linux 4.4 OS / 512 MB RAM / Built-in Wi-Fi / CPU 1200 MHz / Ministra TV platform ) on SwitchOnShop.

Have you ever bought any goods from this shop? Do you have any idea of this box?

Thank you!

ivme

Feb 3, 2020
Reseller ID
Hello ,
İ buy tvip 605 in Turkei but it doesnt work. not connect ip sorver. I dont understand why?
can my country block sweden sorver ? or do I have to use VPN ?

Fabrizio88

Apr 2, 2020
Hi guys
This box is great but not fully finished product, I just got the new 2019 version updated 23-MAY-2019
-Blue tooth: do not connect it, the screen will go crazy in some situations if you hold the arrow down for example.
-Using the multi portal (up to 10 IPTV subscriptions) is a challenge to use, I was not able to fully use it yet.
-If you put the wrong WiFi password, it will say connected, then after 5 or 6 seconds, will show disconnected, as you don't see the password it is difficult to know if you made a mistake or if your wife or the box is defective .
-Using a link M3U is also a challenge as often IPTV providers don't provide a an EPG file
-Unable to record even if it seems an option
-Used as a MAG is wiping out the Plexx and youtube icons
-Used as a MAG, you can NOT change the parental control password usually 0000 or 8888 (default)
-Not compatible on 3+ old Samsung unless you change the setting to 1080 i/p
-Could not figure out how to use the TVIP 605 as a android box
If you can overcome these issues, it is a great box... a lot of providers replace the MAG with this box (can be found under $59.00)
Hello sir so I have the same problems what o can do for fix it??

uriX

Reseller
Hello sir so I have the same problems what o can do for fix it??
Hello.
Your box is defective contact your reseller. I sells many such boxes and blessed few have this bug. Unfortunately, the box has two weaknesses. but there are very few boxes that are defective. Bluetooth and network cards are common faults. But remember you have a lifetime warranty from the factory on the TVIP 605 box. My recommendation is. Contact your seller.

Fabrizio88

Apr 2, 2020
Hello.
Your box is defective contact your reseller. I sells many such boxes and blessed few have this bug. Unfortunately, the box has two weaknesses. but there are very few boxes that are defective. Bluetooth and network cards are common faults. But remember you have a lifetime warranty from the factory on the TVIP 605 box. My recommendation is. Contact your seller.
So do u mean box is defective from factory?? So I use it for a couple weeks and was perfect last night after a troubleshoot I decided to reset and after that connection going and switch off channels does come in list so today I restart and I tried a new list so after that connection s start to going off so what do u think about????

Reactions: uriX

uriX

Reseller
So do u mean box is defective from factory?? So I use it for a couple weeks and was perfect last night after a troubleshoot I decided to reset and after that connection going and switch off channels does come in list so today I restart and I tried a new list so after that connection s start to going off so what do u think about????
The box is defective. I sell these boxes and know a lot about them! I configure many boxes for my clients everyday and send them to them pre-configured so that it is plug and play for them. I test them thoroughly before sending them. I know a lot about these boxes.

Fabrizio88

Apr 2, 2020
The box is defective. I sell these boxes and know a lot about them! I configure many boxes for my clients everyday and send them to them pre-configured so that it is plug and play for them. I test them thoroughly before sending them. I know a lot about these boxes.
Ok I will send back to the factory so how much do u sell it? And do u shipping in Australia??

gosolimay

May 27, 2020
Hello

I have a problem on my tvip 605, i can not record, i am using portal, when i try record on a channel it comes with the fail " recording on this channel is forbidden " Somebody now how to change that ?

gosolimay

May 27, 2020
Hello. Not all iptv providers allow recording. And by the way you will need two connections. With one connection you can just watch TV. When you record, it will be like 2 connections at same time.
Thanks for Quick respond, but Let ud say they allow, how should i then run Two connections on the box and what Will i have to do in settings ?

Reactions: uriX

uriX

Reseller
First. Go to your settings, TV, DVR storage: (change it to that usb device you want) then go back to your TV Playlist and choose that channel you want to record*.

Just open that channel you want to record and press the red button on your remote control to start recording or to schedule recording.

Then go out from the Chanel to your iptv menu if you just have 1 connection. If you have 2 connections you can still watch other channels.

*Note! Not all channels have recording availability. Make sure that the channel you want to record have record symbol. See attachment.

This applies to our server from the iptv community. I don't know how the other iptv providers operate this!

Attachments

Reactions: Nonid

Trold666

Feb 4, 2018
Hi everyone.

Im new user in this community. I have seeking alot around, but i cant finde any solution.

Is it possible to setup the box wireless, to a hidden network ? I can only see not hidden networks and there is no manuak setup option?