• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

TVIP 605 Review

Charbybos

Charbybos

Jun 7, 2019
Boston
Hi guys
This box is great but not fully finished product, I just got the new 2019 version updated 23-MAY-2019
-Blue tooth: do not connect it, the screen will go crazy in some situations if you hold the arrow down for example.
-Using the multi portal (up to 10 IPTV subscriptions) is a challenge to use, I was not able to fully use it yet.
-If you put the wrong WiFi password, it will say connected, then after 5 or 6 seconds, will show disconnected, as you don't see the password it is difficult to know if you made a mistake or if your wife or the box is defective .
-Using a link M3U is also a challenge as often IPTV providers don't provide a an EPG file
-Unable to record even if it seems an option
-Used as a MAG is wiping out the Plexx and youtube icons
-Used as a MAG, you can NOT change the parental control password usually 0000 or 8888 (default)
-Not compatible on 3+ old Samsung unless you change the setting to 1080 i/p
-Could not figure out how to use the TVIP 605 as a android box
If you can overcome these issues, it is a great box... a lot of providers replace the MAG with this box (can be found under $59.00)

K

Karta

Aug 11, 2019
Hi, which is the pest choices for iptv on 605, Linux or Android mode?

N

NN48DuxQW0pnJhJU

Aug 12, 2019
I am using 605 with the update from late july.
1) Bluetooth is working fine, no problem.
2) I am using Portal, works fine but had to use GSTB and TV CHanngels Only.
3) Plexx and Youtube icons can be activated/deactivated in settings.
4) Parental control is changeable now
5) Compatible with older TV:s I use auto for resolutions but can also be manually changed to get the right output.
6) Havent used it as Android Box but as linux it is nice and fast. The wifi seems good as well.

KeelieG530

KeelieG530

Sep 6, 2019
Sacramento, Ca
Hello, family loves our tvip v605, but yesterday, it started erasing our channels. I reset the box and now there is a black screen. Do I have to get a new one now?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Complaints 2
S Android Boxes 2
S Android Boxes 1
S General Discussions 6
P General Discussions 0