• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Tvip s-box 605

Ariian

Reseller
Feb 9, 2017
For exampel:
Better CPU, 4K resolution, android 6.0 (415 run on 4.4, 1 gig ram and 8 gig flash (415 have 512 MB ram and 4 gig flash) and so on
Okej but is there any use of 4k since There isnt any channel/movie on rapid with it? I use mag option on my 415 and use it only for iptv. So right now it isnt worth it to change since i wont even notice a difference on it hehe. Thx for answer

Amplifier

Feb 7, 2017
Skåne
Reseller ID
Amplifier22
Does anyone know if you can install like an app on a tvip 605 running linux.
I want popcorn as an app.
You can download popcorn in linux..

iptvxtrasweden

Reseller
Sep 16, 2017
Reseller ID
iptvxtrasweden
Does anyone know if you can install like an app on a tvip 605 running linux.
I want popcorn as an app.
You can download popcorn in linux..
Have nr tested yet
can probably do that tomorrow
theres no download section in the meny, only to reach the web
maybe its done the same way as you provide dreambox, vu+ boxes with application

Reactions: Amplifier

Kremor

Reseller
Jul 22, 2017
Seems like the install-menu is different to a normal TVIP 410/412. Where to put the portal-adress? :)

Ramon Chircop

Trusted
Reseller
Jul 11, 2017
Reseller ID
ilking
Hi, I have set up the 412 for a friend. I was undecided which method to use (m3u or mag). Finally I opted for the m3u because scrolling down the channel list is much easier. Using the mag system I did not find a way of scrolling down pages fast. Did anyone find this a problem too? The other thing I did not like in the mag system was the fact that all the countries were showing on the list even though I disabled them from the bouquet editor on the dashboard. Using m3u only the countries I chose appeared. I'd appreciate any help if you managed to find a way to solve these problems. Thanks.

iptvxtrasweden

Reseller
Sep 16, 2017
Reseller ID
iptvxtrasweden
It seems like the android system not activated with the firmware to tvip-s 605 (not an original), so its just running linux at the moment (setup as a portal)
I think theyll release an android firmware soon to use tje android 6.0

Lagal

Fast response and free support - paypal,btc&swish
Feb 5, 2017
sweden
Reseller ID
smurferina
did u fins anything regarding swedish subs on viasat channels? or this will not be possible at all?

Kremor

Reseller
Jul 22, 2017
Yup, TVIP having big problems to put the correct subs on some channels.
MAG works like a charm.

rokudisco

Dec 21, 2016
But mag cant activate teletext on channels that have that turned off for example UK movie channels, that sucks

jfjong

Aug 4, 2017
Hello!
As i figured out, android is not possible yet in an official release for this box, but there is a way to upgrade it to a bera version (instructions on link)

https://wiki.tvip.ru/en/how_to_update/ota

Dont know if maybe there is other way with android app to get the subtitle to work
Itäs siple to change to Androud. Just select pre-release in system menu and install. But I don't see why you would like to do that. The Android is not supported yet and frankly not realy usable. The QT Linux version is stable and works perfectly - including subtitles (on the Swedish channels, I am Swedish). You should use it in m3u mode, not stalker.

iptvxtrasweden

Reseller
Sep 16, 2017
Reseller ID
iptvxtrasweden
Hello!
As i figured out, android is not possible yet in an official release for this box, but there is a way to upgrade it to a bera version (instructions on link)

Dont know if maybe there is other way with android app to get the subtitle to work
Itäs siple to change to Androud. Just select pre-release in system menu and install. But I don't see why you would like to do that. The Android is not supported yet and frankly not realy usable. The QT Linux version is stable and works perfectly - including subtitles (on the Swedish channels, I am Swedish). You should use it in m3u mode, not stalker.
Is the sub also working on viasat movie-channels?

Lagal

Feb 5, 2017
sweden
Reseller ID
smurferina
Hello!

I also want to k ow IF subs work om Viasat channels :)

jfjong

Aug 4, 2017
Hello!

No they don't work on Viasat movie channels, because those are dvb_teletext based. Works on most other channels, however.

But who needs subtitles anyway? :)

Lagal

Feb 5, 2017
sweden
Reseller ID
smurferina
No they don't work on Viasat movie channels, because those are dvb_teletext based. Works on most other channels, however.

people who dont understand english? :)

i have many clients whos older that wants swedish subtitles

iptvxtrasweden

Reseller
Sep 16, 2017
Reseller ID
iptvxtrasweden

I got it work on half of the viasat movie-channels in linux-mode
thats why i asked maybe it works Better in android-mode

Skorpiz

Jan 13, 2017
It seems like the android system not activated with the firmware to tvip-s 605 (not an original), so its just running linux at the moment (setup as a portal)
I have a 412 box and have always been using it in portal mode .what is the difference between portal an m3u?same quick response/zapping?
do subtitles work in m3u mode for viasat?if running 412 in m3u,do you have to use kodi or similar?
thanks for all replies

Ramon Chircop

Trusted
Reseller
Jul 11, 2017
Reseller ID
ilking
I have a 412 box and have always been using it in portal mode .what is the difference between portal an m3u?same quick response/zapping?
do subtitles work in m3u mode for viasat?if running 412 in m3u,do you have to use kodi or similar?
thanks for all replies
How do you scroll down quickly in portal mode? When I tried it I had to go down 1 channel at a time. In m3u mode you can scroll down quickly using the P+ and P- buttons. The only problem I found in m3u mode is that you can't fast forward or rewind VODs. But I prefer to have smooth navigation. No you don't have to use Kodi or anything like that. I suggest you give it a try and find out.

Reactions: Grytfot