• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Tvip s-box 605

R-Media

Staff member
Jan 25, 2016
Hi,
I'm used to work with MAG v.412 "TVIP S-Box" and I'm was always using "Web portal" to setup IPTV, it was very easy, I just needed to enter the MAG URL and add the MAC adress to my line.

This option is not existing anymore, I have choice between :
- TVIP Middleware
- Middleware API
- M3U-playlist
- IPTV-portal
- Stalker Middleware
- Android app

Can you explain me how to do the setup with one of these options please?
I actually have the application Kodi now, maybe I can do it from this app?

Thanks a lot for your help
Hello,

did you ask your Reseller for a solution?

Anyway, here is the guide for TVIP BOX

1. Plug everything and start box
2. Select your language and time zone and complete the update of the box to the latest software
3. The box reboots after the update
4. Select Settings and then Network
5. Write down the MAC address (Please check that it is the same on the box)
6. Go to TV in the left menu and change the settings so that it becomes like this:
Stream Source: Multicast

UDPXY server:
Buffering the MPEG-TS, msec: 5000
DVR Storage: No storage
TimeShift storage: Internal Storage
Auto-timeshifting: Off
Content Source: Web Portal
Below Content Source: Web Portal is a button that says Setup Web portal. Click on it and adjust the following settings:

Portal URL: http://mag.xxxxx.xxxx.xxxx/c/
Portal Manager: Off
Use Web portal: Whole System
API Mode: MAG

Then press Apply.

Regards,

valoots

Dec 7, 2016
Hello,

2. Select your language and time zone and complete the update of the box to the latest software
6. Go to TV in the left menu and change the settings so that it becomes like this:

UDPXY server:
Below Content Source: Web Portal is a button that says Setup Web portal. Click on it and adjust the following settings:

Then press Apply.

Regards,
Thanks a lot for your answer. I knew this process but unfortunatly (and I dont know why) I dont have "Web Portal" proposition for Content source...

R-Media

Staff member
Jan 25, 2016
Thanks a lot for your answer. I knew this process but unfortunatly (and I dont know why) I dont have "Web Portal" proposition for Content source...
Hello,
reset your box as a factory reset. Then try
Regards,

Sibbe

Jan 28, 2017
Sweden
Hi! Thanks for the tip on setting up the IPTV box with Mag portal. Works fine for me.
Regarding playing VOD files on this box, is there a way to get this playing with VLC? The player which is used in the portal sucks and i can not choose nor correct subtitles properly. Some subtitles are way of in timing.

Tjena

Feb 20, 2019
Reseller ID
Lingon123
I have 3 questions to all of you:
1. Anyone noticed that 605 box is quite unstable, need to restart much often than 410 box?
2. Also it seems that the upper channels in 5 GHz band does not work, anyone else with the same problem?
3. What will happen if the channel list changes (new channels) and running the box with Android m3u-link? Do I need to put new m3u in the box? Or will the channels be updated in the box anyway?

Ariian

Reseller
Feb 9, 2017
I have 3 questions to all of you:
1. Anyone noticed that 605 box is quite unstable, need to restart much often than 410 box?
2. Also it seems that the upper channels in 5 GHz band does not work, anyone else with the same problem?
3. What will happen if the channel list changes (new channels) and running the box with Android m3u-link? Do I need to put new m3u in the box? Or will the channels be updated in the box anyway?
I regret buying the tvip 605 box. 415 is much stable using Linux. Dont use android. I changed from 415 to 605 and thought it would be better. But as you write. More restarts, sometime the portal takes long to start up, i only use Linux on mine.

Streamit

*Trusted & Verified* *From Sweden*
Jan 29, 2019
Reseller ID
karkan
Hi,
1. No, I have no experience of TVIP 410
2. No, problem for me
3. Channel update automatic

Tjena

Feb 20, 2019
Reseller ID
Lingon123
I use Linux with m3u
Ahaaa... but how to put m3u in Linux mode? I guess I should use another option than Web portal?
And do you manual put the text of the m3u there, letter by letter? It's a very long link and it will take long time to add it.

Streamit

Jan 29, 2019
Reseller ID
karkan
Ahaaa... but how to put m3u in Linux mode? I guess I should use another option than Web portal?
And do you manual put the text of the m3u there, letter by letter? It's a very long link and it will take long time to add it.
Just google! :)

Ariian

Reseller
Feb 9, 2017
You can shorten a url but use one that makes your link private and not public. But why dont use web portal in Linux mode? Works Great for me? Why use m3u link in Linux mode? I didnt like the layout with m3u link on Linux.

Ramon Chircop

Trusted
Reseller
Jul 11, 2017
Reseller ID
ilking
With m3u it updates automatically however your favourites will change unfortunately. The problem with Web portal is scrolling down. It takes forever.

Ariian

Reseller
Feb 9, 2017
With m3u it updates automatically however your favourites will change unfortunately. The problem with Web portal is scrolling down. It takes forever.
Okej, im used to the scrolling down haha, didnt like the layout of m3u in Linux mode. But thinking about buying formuler z box

Reactions: Charbybos

Tjena

Feb 20, 2019
Reseller ID
Lingon123
I guess the shortened m3u also can be used in Android phones/tablets. So if the shortened m3u works good as the long m3u, why isn't the m3u short from the beginning when downloading it from the dashboard? Is there anything negative with the shortened m3u?

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Yes there is in a way. You then have to go thrue the providers server of the shortened link. I mean you are then adding a potential other "server down problem" plus who knows who the servers owner share the links with?

Karta

Aug 11, 2019
Where can i find tutorials for set up my url to linux 605 i just reserved .?
Thanks

Streamit

Jan 29, 2019
Reseller ID
karkan
Where can i find tutorials for set up my url to linux 605 i just reserved .?
Thanks
Read here:
API after update = GSTB

:cool:

Karta

Aug 11, 2019
Hello,

UDPXY server:

Then press Apply.

Regards,
Thanks a lot, this is for Linux? I thought it was for android