• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Conflict with Mag 254 and Philips TV

Yvonne360

May 6, 2019
Good Morning
I have just bought a new Philips TV and want to connect my existing Mag 254 box.
I have a subscription from a provider and the portal opens without any problem.

However, here is the problem, everytime I try to change channel or in fact do anything with the Mag remote control the tv goes to the Spanish local tv guide?? (I have normal Spanish tv using a coax cable). I then need to use the tv remote to change source again to hdmi.
When I changed the url on the mag box to the new provider, every letter I typed in this happened so it took 15 minutes to delete what was there and replace it.
I have tried for hours to figure out the relationship between using the mag box and why it always defaults to the local tv listing guide.
I have tried disconnecting the coax cable, but of course the channels are stored in the tv.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thank you

alexwaddell

Jun 3, 2019
I have had the exact same issue but managed to fix it (sort of). On the Philips tv try changing the source of the TV guide from broadcaster to internet. When pressing ok on the mag 254 remote I do then get a t&c screen for smart tv epg but you just click accept and it’s ok. Not 100% fixed but better.

Yvonne360

May 6, 2019
I have had the exact same issue but managed to fix it (sort of). On the Philips tv try changing the source of the TV guide from broadcaster to internet. When pressing ok on the mag 254 remote I do then get a t&c screen for smart tv epg but you just click accept and it’s ok. Not 100% fixed but better.
Hi Alex, thanks for that. Since posting I have learnt that both remote controls are on the same or similar frequency. Now I have the mag box behind the tv on the opposite side from the sensor on the front right of the tv. I use the remote control for the mag by standing almost behind the tv and it does work, not perfect but at least I can change channel now.

aw1989

Jul 19, 2019
Just bought a Philips TV and now when going to use the Mag Box Remote it turns the TV off . Any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Yvonne360

May 6, 2019
Just bought a Philips TV and now when going to use the Mag Box Remote it turns the TV off . Any suggestions on how to fix this ?
Good Morning, the conflict seems to be that both remotes are on the same or similar frequencies. The only way I can get my Magbox to work without conflict is to stand behind the tv on the opposite side to where the tv sensor is for the tv remote and it works ok.