• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Trying to build the best IPTV app for iOS

How do you rate the app experience?

• 5 Stars

• 4 Stars

• 3 Stars

• 2 Stars

• 1 Star

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slak

Sep 17, 2019
Oi Tiago, bom dia.
Was hoping to try your app in the iPad but it's no longer free? App Store shows $5.50 for it. Sorry but I wouldn't pay for an app that doesn't let you save favourites - or has this feature now been implemented?

Do you still plan to release a version for Apple TV? If so would it be identical to the iPad version? EPG support? Obrigado.

Reactions: Minafam

neonnox

Sep 29, 2017
@Slak There is already an AppleTV version in the App Store. And as dev said above, there is no EPG support yet. Lets hope he can add it together with a favorite section.

Tiago Martinho

May 1, 2019
@neonox Thanks for the correct answer! An Apple TV is already in the store, and it's a universal purchase, you get the app for both platforms.

I'm working at the moment in the EPG support, after I've update the app to iOS/tvOS 13 next Thursday.
I've developed a Mac app to try out the functionality and I want to integrate it as soon as I can EPG Mac App

Yes, the app is no longer free since I wasn't able to make it sustainable at the moment.

The creation of favourites is coming, since it was requested by many users. I have another simpler app that allows to add favourites TV Streams

Slak

Sep 17, 2019
Nope, not worth it for an app that lacks the most basic of features. Tried the Apple TV one - there are far better options out there for working apps. And $10 for the Mac app?? Again, there are working apps for a couple of bucks. What makes you think yours is worth $10? Can't see why anyone would want to pay that much for something that at best in early beta stage.

You asked us to try out your app is offer our take on it. May not be what you wanted to hear but here's something you should consider: getting greedy too early on will prevent what could be a potentially app from ever taking off. Cheers.

Tiago Martinho

May 1, 2019
Nope, not worth it for an app that lacks the most basic of features. Tried the Apple TV one - there are far better options out there for working apps. And $10 for the Mac app?? Again, there are working apps for a couple of bucks. What makes you think yours is worth $10? Can't see why anyone would want to pay that much for something that at best in early beta stage.

You asked us to try out your app is offer our take on it. May not be what you wanted to hear but here's something you should consider: getting greedy too early on will prevent what could be a potentially app from ever taking off. Cheers.
Thank you for the feedback @Slak!

I believe there is a great mismatch between what developers make and what people think developers make. I'm still experimenting with price to make it sustainable to work on the app full-time, let alone having enough to hire someone to support me on developing for the 3 platforms (iOS, tvOS and macOS), or expand to others platforms. I experimented before with a free app with donations but that failed :(

Reactions: Jørgen Thomsen

Tiago Martinho

May 1, 2019
Is this still in development?
I did pause it for a bit. Now I'm back full time at it. Both iOS and tvOS apps are compatible with the latest OS.

I'm currently working on the most requested features (in order): EPG, Creating Groups and Favourites, and a Mac version.

Let me know if you have any doubt or feedback!

Reactions: neonnox

Reflex2020

Nov 27, 2019
Thanks! you’ve pretty much got what I’m looking for haha, just a quick one would it be possible to sort groups by how they are originally instead of alphabetically ?