• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

App tip for Android ** XCIPTV **

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Great program but I think I have discovered a small bug.
When I look at VODS or series (like Netflix) with subtitles the problem is that the subtitle hangs on
until the next subtitle appears. It doesn´t disappear by itself like it should after 2-3 seconds or whatever.
If they doesn´t say something for a long time it becomes quite annoying.
The strange thing is that doesn´t happen when you look at "live TV-channels" with subtitles (they disappear like they should)

Try changeing the player to VLC for VOD and see if the problem also happends there :)

Reactions: Nonid

MadMats

Apr 5, 2018
Try changeing the player to VLC for VOD and see if the problem also happends there :)
Tested that and with VLC player the subtitles works as they should.
Strange though that Exo Player handles the subtitles correct with "live TV" but not with "VODS" and "series".
Oh well, VLC Player seems to be as good as Exo so no worries!

Reactions: Sense

ni1s

Feb 24, 2020
Newb here so sorry if this has been asked before.

Have recently installed XCIPTV on firestick. Have updated the APP to latest Version.
How do I know if the VPN is working (am using NORD which kicks in on start up of Firestick)?

Can see the updated XCIPTV APP has a VPN configuration section. Is this something I would need to do as an extra step?

Informative forum, have seen improvements with the helpful tips seen already.

Thanks

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Newb here so sorry if this has been asked before.

Have recently installed XCIPTV on firestick. Have updated the APP to latest Version.
How do I know if the VPN is working (am using NORD which kicks in on start up of Firestick)?

Can see the updated XCIPTV APP has a VPN configuration section. Is this something I would need to do as an extra step?

Informative forum, have seen improvements with the helpful tips seen already.

Thanks
Hi there!

you dont need to input VPN info into XCIPTV if you already have a VPN running on the firestick :)

Fer3m

Mar 25, 2019
have it updated to latest version, but since a few weeks EPG is not available on all LIVE channels
tried with EXO and VLC player, still nothing

Al226

Mar 3, 2020
Hello everyone!! I hope you’re all well!!
I've been using XCIPTV with my Firestick 4K and couldn't be happier!! I'm on latest version 3.2.2 (just updated today).

I would like to take this opportunity to deeply thank the development team and also to mention 2 things (1 seems to be a bug and the other one is a kind feature request lol).

Issue:
On the Firesticks (and I assume on the rest of the Amazon devices as well), when you go to settings within the XCIPTV app and click App and the try to update to the latest version it downloads the new version but fails to install due to an "existing package with the same name". Is there any way to correct this so that if we want the latest version we don't have to completely uninstall the current version and lose the favorites, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Feature request:
When you're in a channel and minimize the screen and navigate to another category (using the left or right) to see what possible other channel might interest you while still watching the minimized channel, the only way to make the screen bigger for the channel you were currently watching is to navigate back to the original category and channel you were originally watching and clicking on it again. A possible solution to this would be to assign action of Long Press Back Button to maximize currently playing channel's screen. Thank you for taking my observation/request into consideration :)

Reactions: georgio and Sense

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Hello everyone!! I hope you’re all well!!
I've been using XCIPTV with my Firestick 4K and couldn't be happier!! I'm on latest version 3.2.2 (just updated today).

I would like to take this opportunity to deeply thank the development team and also to mention 2 things (1 seems to be a bug and the other one is a kind feature request lol).

Issue:
On the Firesticks (and I assume on the rest of the Amazon devices as well), when you go to settings within the XCIPTV app and click App and the try to update to the latest version it downloads the new version but fails to install due to an "existing package with the same name". Is there any way to correct this so that if we want the latest version we don't have to completely uninstall the current version and lose the favorites, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Feature request:
When you're in a channel and minimize the screen and navigate to another category (using the left or right) to see what possible other channel might interest you while still watching the minimized channel, the only way to make the screen bigger for the channel you were currently watching is to navigate back to the original category and channel you were originally watching and clicking on it again. A possible solution to this would be to assign action of Long Press Back Button to maximize currently playing channel's screen. Thank you for taking my observation/request into consideration :)

Regarding the update : Are you able to go into a file explorer on the Firestick and look at the downloaded files (.APK ) and then try to delete the old update file fort and then try again ?

Al226

Mar 3, 2020
Regarding the update : Are you able to go into a file explorer on the Firestick and look at the downloaded files (.APK ) and then try to delete the old update file fort and then try again ?
Hello Sense!! Thank you soo much for responding to my post!!

Since I had already updated (by deleting previous version) to the very latest version and there was no new version to download, I uninstalled the very latest version and reinstalled the version before latest just for the sake of this excercise.

1. I installed the previous version through an app called Downloader (from Amazon's store), I deleted the installation file as well.

2. Opened ES File Explorer and made sure there was no xciptv.apk installation file there.

3. Opened XCIPTV app and logged in with my provider's credentials. Went to Settings > App > Check Update and clicked Yes to download newest update. It downloaded the new version and prompted me to install it but it failed to install the update since it said this:

"App not installed. The package conflicts with an existing package by the same name."

I went to ES File Explorer and the new update installation apk is there as xciptv.apk and even if I delete it and repeat the whole process again it always fails to install with that error.

The only way to install the newest version is to completely uninstall the app and then download the new version through filelinked or a link through the Downloader app.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid having to delete the entire app and avoid losing the favorites and settings in order to have future versions installed from within the XCIPTV app itself? Perhaps in the way the Amazon store apps update themselves where they retain all the data and then autodelete the update file.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention and time

JDL

Mar 5, 2020
Hello, congratulations for the app, is fast, smooth and have many options.
I use an android tv box and I have a problem when I use the recording. For example, I schedule a recording at night and the next day I find the screensaver on and the application has not recorded or recorded badly. I think the problem is that when the screensaver is turned on it stops recording. In my Android TV box I only have options to disable the screensaver for time, maximum 2 hours, but I have no options to turn it off. In the app is there any option for this not to happen?
does anyone know any way to turn off the android tv box screensaver? Thanks and sorry for my English..

Al226

Mar 3, 2020
Hello Sense, I hope you're well.

I checked for updates today and it prompted me to update but it failed to update from within the app as I mentioned in my previous posts.

From what I've been reading, the solution might be to change the directory to where the update file downloads to. As it is now, the app is directing the update file to be downloaded to the Downloads folder, however, it might have to be downloaded to Internal storage for it to install.

Thanks again for your time in regards to taking a look at this. It is a nightmare having to delete the app every time to be able to install the newest version from scratch.

Device: Fire Stick 4K

Sense

Reseller
Mar 25, 2017
Sweden
www.sensus-tv.com
Reseller ID
Sense
Hello Sense, I hope you're well.

I checked for updates today and it prompted me to update but it failed to update from within the app as I mentioned in my previous posts.

From what I've been reading, the solution might be to change the directory to where the update file downloads to. As it is now, the app is directing the update file to be downloaded to the Downloads folder, however, it might have to be downloaded to Internal storage for it to install.

Thanks again for your time in regards to taking a look at this. It is a nightmare having to delete the app every time to be able to install the newest version from scratch.

Device: Fire Stick 4K

I belive this could be an issue with the security settings of the Fire Stick .. When you first installed the app did you see the promt asking to allow access to storage ?