• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Fire TV Technical Issues and Questions

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
I wont accept that it wont work properly, we should not give up. It will get sorted some how. because for me it would be the best way to sell complete packet IPTV since a lot of my customers already asked how to install Netflix on the IPTV box 605 i recommend them.:)

Last edited:

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
Oh yes it could be frequency setting as i had same problem with tvip v412. If there is automatic setting of resolution and frequency leave it on. Test it with kodi as there are settings for frequency like /settings/pvr & live tv/playback/fallback frame rate and also /settings/player/videos/sync playback to display then /settings/player/videos/adjust display refresh rate.

Let us know,
Regards,
Harry
yes i will try thout out on weekend, but im not very hopefully, in the stick itself there is no setting setting specially for frequence just 1080p 50/60 hz i already tested up. in apps there are not very much apps where you can set that up

and its really hard, i had to search what my tv has for an frequenzy, i found out 100hz, what is then the best setup? and then others have another frequenzy....

since all the devicec where hdr... was written they all dont function good for me, tried out the xiaomi me box, also a box with great power, also pictures horrible, another device also horrible. it wont be on the hdr i think , bit since that kind of devices came out, they were bullshit

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
I wont accept that it wont work properly, we should not give up. It will get sorted some how. because for me it would be the best way to sell complete packet IPTV since a lot of my customers already asked how to install Netflix on the IPTV box 605 i recommend them.:)
yeah with that stick would be really great for a cheap price. but it was just my test, maybe it will get a solution for that , a setting an app which i dont check out till now. maybe others will be more succesfull

harryporter

Dec 9, 2015
Reseller ID
harryportir
yes i will try thout out on weekend, but im not very hopefully, in the stick itself there is no setting setting specially for frequence just 1080p 50/60 hz i already tested up. in apps there are not very much apps where you can set that up

and its really hard, i had to search what my tv has for an frequenzy, i found out 100hz, what is then the best setup? and then others have another frequenzy....

since all the devicec where hdr... was written they all dont function good for me, tried out the xiaomi me box, also a box with great power, also pictures horrible, another device also horrible. it wont be on the hdr i think , bit since that kind of devices came out, they were bullshit
Set your TV to 60 Hz as default for stick is 60 Hz and try then,
Let us know,
Harry

Last edited:

Macbobscotland

Nov 16, 2018
Hi all, first time posting here. I’m new to IPTV and would welcome advice. I installed and set up stbemu on the new Firestick in the same way as on an older FireTV. It works fine on the FireTV but crashes whe I try to launch it on the 4K. I’ve tried reinstalling etc.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

ted68

Nov 18, 2018
New to this and wanting to get iptv. I have a samsung TV and heard that i couldnt use the app on the samsung as the updates have stopped it working. How do i go about setting up a Fire stick and choosing what to do next. I will use someone on here for a subscription once i have it set up. I believe im also in need of a VPN, all suggestions and advice appreciated.

carrvalho86f

Nov 18, 2018
hi guy i am wondering if someone can tell me if its still possible to set up an iptv sub on a firestick? Not the 4k version just standard firestick

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
If it's second generation fire tv stick you should be just fine buddy.:)
Apparently it's only the first generation fire tv stick hat has the green pixelating issue.

Reactions: Peter Andersson

fynotfi

Nov 24, 2018
Did anybody here had the chance to test out the new fire tv stick 4k yet, perhaps with iptv smarters and GSE iptv pro?
Or even perhaps with smart iptv app, even if i don't have much hope for that app.:)
Tried installing STBemu PRO on new Firestick 4K, the version installed on older models was 1.1.3 did not work on the 4K model, it loads then when you set all portal details etc, it did not load again second time, after many hours trying different options, the fix was install version 1.1.7 released mid/late October 2018

fynotfi

Nov 24, 2018
You can run VPN through your router and nvidia shield connected to the router, yes.
But if you run it on the Nvidia Shield TV, you need to reload it after each power on, better on a router, always on!!

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Considering my hopes were very low when receiving this stick, and I would not have bought it if @ftoklu had made his review/test before I've ordered it.
I'ts gone well after a lot of testing and tweaking with these apps/ settings.

Apps i have tested, all newest versions: VLC, Smart IPTV, Perfect Player, Smarters IPTV, IPTV Extreme Pro.
Tried resolutions: 4k, 1080p 50 and 60 Hz

VLC I just installed to use as an external player to some of the above players, if they for some reason could not handle a sertain channel, VOD etc.

Smart IPTV worked allright but I had to use VLC thrue it to get the sound ofsync fixed. Untill yesterday when there server crashed an made it useless. I also cant stand the GUI witch is as ugly as GSE.

Smarters IPTV did not work all that well, serious ofsync with sound and nothing to do about that, to little options in this childish player like sorting of channels etc. I was also useless watching VOD and series with since the remote are not working with fast forward etc.

Perfect payer are very nice to look at and works very well for tv watching only and not good for VOD at all.

Iptv Extreme are with out any competition the best player and the one to use in my opinion, the player has endless settings you can do and the remote works flawlessely with everyting you want to do. It's also great to watch VOD and even the internal player let you choose subs etc, i have not yet have to use VLC as a external player with it to see anything. I also like the GUI with the tiles and all EPG vissable on 20 channels at the time. I run it at 1080p 60Hz, the only problem i had was frame skip that was just a setting that i had to turn of in advanced player setting called hurry up. So i'm very happy with this stick running IPTV Extreme so far.

I might ad that I only used wifi when i installed the apps with my phone via app2fire app. I had a lot of lagging and crashing in some players on wifi even if the AP was less than 2 meters from the stick, i suppose the wifi card are sort of useless in the stick and it might be the reason there has been problems with crashing etc. so do what i did and invest in a uGreen ethernet adapter for chromecast and i'm fairly sure it will work for most people, the problem with that is then it's not that cheap any more. and you might as well buy a proper box instead. I also have ordered a 2 male to 1 female USB charger cable on eBay to use the 2 USB ports on my TV later, 1 port is 1A and the other is 0,5A, and should be enough, I tried the 1A USB port but the stick told me the power supply was not enough even if the wall plug that came with it said 1A on it?

You can down load The IPTV Extreme APK:s here: http://www.iptvextreme.eu/

And be prepared to do the daunting task of going thrue the settings in it, It's so much that some people will get scared of it! And there is no way I can tell you all the settings I have done in it, sorry but I'm sure I could not find them again :) One good thing about it, is if you have a problems, there will be a settings to sort it out!

Last edited:

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
Considering my hopes were very low when receiving this stick, and I would not have bought it if @ftoklu had made his review/test before I've ordered it.
I'ts gone well after a lot of testing and tweaking with these apps/ settings.

Apps i have tested, all newest versions: VLC, Smart IPTV, Perfect Player, Smarters IPTV, IPTV Extreme Pro.
Tried resolutions: 4k, 1080p 50 and 60 Hz

VLC I just installed to use as an external player to some of the above players, if they for some reason could not handle a sertain channel, VOD etc.

Smart IPTV worked allright but I had to use VLC thrue it to get the sound ofsync fixed. Untill yesterday when there server crashed an made it useless. I also cant stand the GUI witch is as ugly as GSE.

Smarters IPTV did not work all that well, serious ofsync with sound and nothing to do about that, to little options in this childish player like sorting of channels etc. I was also useless watching VOD and series with since the remote are not working with fast forward etc.

Perfect payer are very nice to look at and works very well for tv watching only and not good for VOD at all.

Iptv Extreme are with out any competition the best player and the one to use in my opinion, the player has endless settings you can do and the remote works flawlessely with everyting you want to do. It's also great to watch VOD and even the internal player let you choose subs etc, i have not yet have to use VLC as a external player with it to see anything. I also like the GUI with the tiles and all EPG vissable on 20 channels at the time. I run it at 1080p 60Hz, the only problem i had was frame skip that was just a setting that i had to turn of in advanced player setting called hurry up. So i'm very happy with this stick running IPTV Extreme so far.

I might ad that I only used wifi when i installed the apps with my phone via app2fire app. I had a lot of lagging and crashing in some players on wifi even if the AP was less than 2 meters from the stick, i suppose the wifi card are sort of useless in the stick and it might be the reason there has been problems with crashing etc. so do what i did and invest in a uGreen ethernet adapter for chromecast and i'm fairly sure it will work for most people, the problem with that is then it's not that cheap any more. and you might as well buy a proper box instead. I also have ordered a 2 male to 1 female USB charger cable on eBay to use the 2 USB ports on my TV later, 1 port is 1A and the other is 0,5A, and should be enough, I tried the 1A USB port but the stick told me the power supply was not enough even if the wall plug that came with it said 1A on it?

You can down load The IPTV Extreme APK:s here: http://www.iptvextreme.eu/

And be prepared to do the daunting task of going thrue the settings in it, It's so much that some people will get scared of it! And there is no way I can tell you all the settings I have done in it, sorry but I'm sure I could not find them again :) One good thing about it, is if you have a problems, there will be a settings to sort it out!

thanks made for your long testing resulsts :) and it comes really near to my tests.
at least i just install iptv extreme, how you say, a really really great app, easy to handle , great performance and great overview. that app was by me the only one which dont crashes, till now.

the other apps, like smart iptv... functions still great, but when there comes up a channel which he could not play, he crashes, you mean it crashes cause of the wifi? when i watch how the app crashes at that moment, it could be that it comes from the wifi, but im not quite sure, cause, it looks for me that he cant handle the channel and then the app dont knows what to do and keeps all the threads and then crashes, in short, when smart iptv works by you with lan, could you please test the german channels? there it crashed on a lot of channels - take your time, dont need to be fast tested, but would be interesting.

what i till now can say, with iptv extreme, great performance, great handling.... but football for me not watchable, no good picture
and also the other channels like not so nice , ok, maybe i have high claims. and i have to say, i tested on 65 tv so very big but there the quality was not really high, ok, also not bed, but 100 % glad i wasnt till now - on a smaller tv the quality dont comes up so much

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
I think I had to change the sticks resolution to 1080p 60Hz, and not leave it at auto witch will force 4k! I then had to go into IPTV extreme setting and set the prefered resolution to default, to get proper picture. If you leave it at auto it will force 4k and perhaps the channel your watching will perhaps only be 720p then it will get you a very bad picture. But I dont think the quality is ever going to be as good as my IPTV Box 605. Saying that It's still pretty good (I'm on a samsung 65''). When it comes to trying smart IPTV again, I'm sorry to say I will not, I uninstalled it after it could not get in contact with there server yesterday, There server must have crashed or something. And it is just nowhere as good as IPTV Extreme in my opinion. The IPTV extreme are running right now with out a problem And I'm very happy with that.:)Can you mention any specific German channels that had your app to crash?

Last edited:
Reactions: Poseidon

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
I think I had to change the sticks resolution to 1080p 60Hz, and not leave it at auto witch will force 4k! I then had to go into IPTV extreme setting and set the prefered resolution to default, to get proper picture. If you leave it at auto it will force 4k and perhaps the channel your watching will perhaps only be 720p then it will get you a very bad picture. But I dont think the quality is ever going to be as good as my IPTV Box 605. Saying that It's still pretty good (I'm on a samsung 65''). When it comes to trying smart IPTV again, I'm sorry to say I will not, I uninstalled it after it could not get in contact with there server yesterday, There server must have crashed or something. And it is just nowhere as good as IPTV Extreme in my opinion. The IPTV extreme are running right now with out a problem And I'm very happy with that.:)Can you mention any specific German channels that had your app to crash?

thank you, i will test that out, maybe its got better than :)

ah ok, than i missunderstand, sure you dont need to test, thought you had that app still on it.... but yeah i like that app also very much :) and in all there is no problem with it and maybe i get the picture a bit better with you settings ;)

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
My thinking is that if you set your stick to say 1080p and your watching a FHD channel that would be the best you could get the quality. and the smaller the resolution are on the channel your watching the worse picture, so havin 4k on the stick and watching a 720p would in my opinion give a very bad picture because the 4k resolution will enlarge a720p to 4k. Since i'm mostely watching FHD channels its best for me to have the stick at the 1080p resolution.

Last edited:

Poseidon

Reseller
Jan 4, 2017
Germany
Reseller ID
sherlock
My thinking is that if you set your stick to say 1080p and your watching a FHD channel that would be the best you could get the quality. and the smaller the resolution are on the channel your watching the worse picture, so havin 4k on the stick and watching a 720p would in my opinion give a very bad picture because the 4k resolution will enlarge a720p to 4k. Since i'm mostely watching FHD channels its best for me to have the stick at the 1080p resolution.
hi,

the idea is not bad and when its so well by you it has to be right. But one i tested, when i set on 1080p and iptv xtream resoulution to default, he trys to make also the sd channels to 1080p, that is shown when i start an sd channel. and when i set to automatic on tv and then on default in iptv extreme he makes it correct, cause the stick then takes the quality of the stream itself.

but nervermind, maybe im just to petty in quality