• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

MAG 256 Audio Problem

si_

Jan 23, 2019
Wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Some VOD films and TV Series play but have no audio. My IPTV provider says it is a MAG box problem with reading MPEG2 while Infomir say it isn't and MAG 256 can read MPEG2. I'm stuck in the middle between them. Does anyone else have this problem or have a solution? Thanks.

Reactions: pauloriordan

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
One good tip is to try the VOD or serie on your PC with VLC If you have sound then you can check out exactly what audio codec you are missing in your mag 256 box.

si_

Jan 23, 2019
Thanks but I only have a subscription for a MAG box, how would I get it on the PC and then how could I add any missing audio codecs to the MAG box?

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
as long as you dont use more than one device at the time your allright, just go to your dashboard and get your m3u with options MPEGTS. and put in VLC. the reason for trying in VLC is to make sure it really is a audio codec missing, I mean if you have no sound in VLC either the channel should be reported as missing sound, which happens sometimes.

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Just contact your reseller and ask for the m3u link, surely he will give it to you!

si_

Jan 23, 2019
I can ask but I still wouldn't know how to identify a missing codec but at least i'll know if he is correct about the files playing OK at his end. He has been trying to sort this out with me in fairness. My reason for coming on here was to find out if any other MAG users are experiencing a similar problem or whether it could just be my box.

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
Perhaps you should just ask in the open chat if somebody with a mag 256 could test the audio on a few Vods that wont work for you. Its a very friendly community and im pretty sure someone will help you strait away. Unfortunately i dont have a mag 256 right now otherwize I sure would test it for you.

si_

Jan 23, 2019
erm...….this is where my knowledge of how IPTV is very thin. are all the VODs the same? I had assumed there were multiple servers with different providers for each. Won't anyone who tries for me need to be using the same provider as I am or am I missing something?

UnripTV

Nov 2, 2018
Reseller ID
UnripTV
I assumed you have Rapid, since you posted on Rapids forum. Every reseller here on the forum sell exact the same service/channels, Vods etc. from the exact same servers.

Reactions: isak7

si_

Jan 23, 2019
no, where does it say Rapid? I thought this was a general IPTV discussion forum. guess i'll have to look elsewhere then,

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
Have you tried using a USB stick in the media portal?.. test a film or music

si_

Jan 23, 2019

pauloriordan

Mar 8, 2019
I can ask but I still wouldn't know how to identify a missing codec but at least i'll know if he is correct about the files playing OK at his end. He has been trying to sort this out with me in fairness. My reason for coming on here was to find out if any other MAG users are experiencing a similar problem or whether it could just be my box.
i get this at times withe me supplier as well

realiptv4u

Mar 15, 2019
I have the same problem. I tried the 254, 322 and same issue. some vod are soundless, even some episodes of some series. if I use the app on my iPhone, then no problem. it is really specific to the mag. if someone can help me, then I am listening.

Stelvio

Mar 15, 2019
Hi, I had this issue previously, I googled it elsewhere which lead me to the TV audio settings for the digital audio output, I toggled this between Bitstream and PCM (or whatever your TV options are) and that fixed the issue for me.

Hope this helps.