• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

m1tch3m

Sep 1, 2016
Have you fixed the problem,?
It's actually a friend's TV, not mine, but he's not quite 100% there just yet. His model is the Sony KD-55X8508C, so it sounds very similar to yours.

Perfect Player does work well for him with MX Player, but the biggest problem is that whenever he wants to change channel the MX Player app has to close and re-open. So quickly switching channel (like you can with Smart IPTV) doesn't seem to work.

Is it possible to change channel without having to close the MX Player app each time? If so, that would pretty much solve the issue. The HW decoding option does work for him, but HW+ doesn't.

Thanks again,
Cheers
I use Perfect Player but that has its own player? Not sure how your friend has managed to get it to play through MX Player? :/ Just had another look through settings, again can't see an option to change the player?

Should leave the player as default to play through the app itself. It won't do that closing issue when changing channel.

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Hmm, I will check with him, but it does sound similar to when I use IPTV on my Android Tablet. When I use it there, with the IPTV app, it tells me that I need an external player to actually play the channels .. in my case is suggests MX Player or VLC.

I use MX Player on the tablet, but because it's all touch-screen, it's not that much bother that I have to close and re-open it each time I switch channel ... but I can imagine how that's very annoying when you are on a TV switching channels via remote!

Cheers

m1tch3m

Sep 1, 2016
SS2
Hmm, I will check with him, but it does sound similar to when I use IPTV on my Android Tablet. When I use it there, with the IPTV app, it tells me that I need an external player to actually play the channels .. in my case is suggests MX Player or VLC.

I use MX Player on the tablet, but because it's all touch-screen, it's not that much bother that I have to close and re-open it each time I switch channel ... but I can imagine how that's very annoying when you are on a TV switching channels via remote!

Cheers
Yeah with other apps it requires an external player as you mebtion.

With perfect player you don't need an external player for it to work.

Last edited:

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
The problem he has is a bit strange it seems...

If he uses the internal player within PerfectPlayer, then he seems to get quite a lot of channels with a black screen and just audio.

If he uses an external player (like MX Player), then all of the channels work properly, but he has the problem of the player having to close and re-open on every channel switch.

So it sounds like some kind of possible codec issue with the internal PerfectPlayer that's causing some channels not to display. But it sounds like he's installed a bunch of codecs already that should have fixed that. Either that, or he's got some strange version of PerfectPlayer that's different to the one that you guys are using?

On another note, how do you activate/change subtitles on PerfectPlayer on the Sony TV? Is there a specific button on the controller?

Thanks again for all of the help ... we'll figure this out if it kills me!

Cheers

YuSuF[79]

Jan 19, 2017
Reseller ID
YuSuF[79]
Hi Orias, I also have a Sony Bravia TV with Android.
I only use Perfect Player and changing channels or so, works great. I do not have any black screens or so. I do not know why he is getting this.
Bud I also have Kodi installed, you can just search for it in the Google Playstore. If you cannot find it, you need to install it on a external USB drive then run and install it from the USB to TV. There are many videos in Youtube to help you(friend) out on how to install it.
But Perfect Player does work 100%. Just play around with the settings.

Reactions: Orias

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Thanks YuSuf,

I know he's tried KODI before (as have I). I'm sure it works well when you figure it all out, but it always seemed a bit too complicated compared to some of the standalone IPTV apps available.

Although it could be the case that KODI has installed all of the necessary codecs/players to get PerfectPlayer to work properly. He's going to give it a go after work today. The only other thing I am still think is that he's got a different/incorrect version of PerfectPlayer

Thanks again!

YuSuF[79]

Jan 19, 2017
Reseller ID
YuSuF[79]
Here are my personal setting that I habe with Perfect Player.

GUI: --> Autostart at bootup [x]
GUI: --> Show channels group as folders [x]

PLAYBACK: --> Decoder: Hardware
PLAYBACK: --> Change system volume [x]

ADVANCED: --> Download supposed logos [x]

these are my only settings buddy.

give him a call after work and explain to him to click the dettingsin the App.

But it should work, I have a android TV aswell got in 2016, and im sure the software for both of the tv's are the same.

just give us a shout if you guys need more help.
eager to help others ;-)

P.S installing Kodi isn't hard all beleive me m8. If you guys need help on it aswell, we can skype or something and we can het that installed in a whiz.

I just checked my TV's Model and it's the KD-65X8507C

Last edited:

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Awesome, thanks very much, the settings are really useful.

He can actually read these posts, but for some reason the forums won't actually let him post anything yet. He doesn't even have permission to post in the Introductions section (as per the rules), so I am posting on his behalf whilst the admins get that fixed for him :D

Thanks again!

YuSuF[79]

Jan 19, 2017
Reseller ID
YuSuF[79]
I just updated my post with the model No. etc..

I think he needs to confirm his Acc here so he can start posting. Usually he should of got an email from RapidIPTV stating he needs to confirm his Acc, he would of got an email and there is a Link inside it, so he should clicl on it if he gets such an email.

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Looks like your TV model is almost exactly the same as his, although it looks like yours is 65" vs. his 55"?

He got the registration mail from the forum, no probs. But it's still not letting him post even after he used the link. He's contacted the Admins, so let's see :)

YuSuF[79]

Jan 19, 2017
Reseller ID
YuSuF[79]
Then it's the same model. Mine is only 10inch bigger, but the hardware and software is: same same :)

shame about the confirmation about his user id. :-(

p.s I just searched google playstore and Kodi is in the playstore, maybe later he might install it.

Orias

Mar 27, 2016
Right,

He installed KODI (but didn't actually use it) just incase it fixed some of the channels that don't play, but it seems that the problem is still there.

A lot of the channels do seem to work fine, and there is no problem. But there are still some channels that have a black screen and just audio in PerfectPlayer, but they work fine when he uses an external player like MX Player.

One channel in particular he has this problem with is AXN Spin HD PL (the Polish version). This channel is just audio and a black screen using PerfectPlayer on the Sony Bravia, but it works fine with MX Player. Do you happen to have this channel on your system YuSuf? If would be interesting to know if it works for you with the same TV & Player setup. It might just be bad luck that the channels that he wants to watch suffer from this problem, but others (like the UK ones) all work fine :p

Thanks again,
Cheers

YuSuF[79]

Jan 19, 2017
Reseller ID
YuSuF[79]
Good Afternoon Orias,
I checked the Channel on my Iphone and the Channel is working.
For the TV I need to check it when I am at home, at work for now..not free untill 15:00 +1 GMT.

I can also help you/your friend with setting up Kodi, we can do Facetime or something.

Br Yusuf

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Right,

He installed KODI (but didn't actually use it) just incase it fixed some of the channels that don't play, but it seems that the problem is still there.

A lot of the channels do seem to work fine, and there is no problem. But there are still some channels that have a black screen and just audio in PerfectPlayer, but they work fine when he uses an external player like MX Player.

One channel in particular he has this problem with is AXN Spin HD PL (the Polish version). This channel is just audio and a black screen using PerfectPlayer on the Sony Bravia, but it works fine with MX Player. Do you happen to have this channel on your system YuSuf? If would be interesting to know if it works for you with the same TV & Player setup. It might just be bad luck that the channels that he wants to watch suffer from this problem, but others (like the UK ones) all work fine :p

Thanks again,
Cheers
It means that tv is not support some codecs

YuSuF[79]

Jan 19, 2017
Reseller ID
YuSuF[79]
Right,

Thanks again,
Cheers

Don't just post anything please, know your facts before posting something!
We both have the same TV model on mine it works and on his it doesn't!!!!
So just leave out on this one..Thx And don't start a big conversation with me!

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Right,

Thanks again,
Cheers

There is problem on his model, try to hard reset it.

m1tch3m

Sep 1, 2016

There is problem on his model, try to hard reset it.
Or more sensibly, see if theres a firmware update for his TV which supports more codecs.

@YuSuF[79] could have a newer firmware than your friends TV which supports more codecs, @Orias. Worth a check on his TV to the Sony site for the versions.

Reactions: Orias