• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

sang

Mar 23, 2018
what is the file C0A8000B.img ?
can i transfer from computer to mag250 by tftp protocol?
thanks

Camdtv

Feb 17, 2018
Does the programmer work on win 10 ? Can’t seem to find device , no drivers , is it only XP

thanks
As i know only Win7 and lower. You must install st40 and st160, thes drivers works only with win7 and lower
i got it to install in win 10 when setting it to run in xpmode but still waiting for my board so i tell you later if it worked :p

davetv

Jan 29, 2018
Got to the ST Micro Connect 2 and it failed saying it has to be a 64bit version any way to get the 64x?

sandy 22

Mar 14, 2018
Reseller ID
na
have tryed loads of times but carn,t get to go past the 3 day mark what am i doing wrong

Mikeios

Feb 23, 2018
have tryed loads of times but carn,t get to go past the 3 day mark what am i doing wrong
Same here for me too. Out of curiosity which Ft2232H module did you use? On page 2 of the thread Triton posted photos. In my own case I used the top one.

Mike.

sandy 22

Mar 14, 2018
Reseller ID
na
yes same here the larger board have been told that it could be the server you are using has the servers send updates

Mikeios

Feb 23, 2018
Interesting. I’m going to reflash the box yet again later lol. On this occasion however I’m not going to add server details and see if it stays alive longer then 3 days. I’d like to know has anyone who used our module managed to keep their box alive. Just in case it is not fully erasing the sectors completely. Me just thinking out aloud at course.

Mike.

Mikeios

Feb 23, 2018
Hi Koevoet,
I checked under device info at least once a day and it was R19 revision. If I understood what you mean correctly. Thanks

Mike.

Koevoet

Mar 6, 2018
@Camdtv .. apologies on your first pics the one side will all be odd numbers and the other side will be evens

so the ones you refer to as 20,19,18 are actually 20.18.16 which is your TX,RX &Gnd on the opposite side will be the JTAG side starting from 7 or 9 if i remember correctly.

@Mikeios was your 250 a clone or a genuine box ?

Camdtv

Feb 17, 2018
@Camdtv .. apologies on your first pics the one side will all be odd numbers and the other side will be evens

so the ones you refer to as 20,19,18 are actually 20.18.16 which is your TX,RX &Gnd on the opposite side will be the JTAG side starting from 7 or 9 if i remember correctly.

@Mikeios was your 250 a clone or a genuine box ?
i belive that too !
so i will try that way first

Camdtv

Feb 17, 2018
BTW, is thi guide for clones or real mag250s.
i took it for clones anyway lol

Mikeios

Feb 23, 2018
@ Koevoet

it’s actually a friends box that died and I was
asked to have a look at it for them. I asked was it a clone or genuine and they claimed when they bought it they were told it was genuine. No idea if this is the case or not. Apparently it originally was failing to connect to the server a factory reset was carried out and then they did a software update. This resolved the connection error and was fine for at least a week before it died if memory serves me correctly. They did say it was updated to R22 revision so from reading about I’m assuming it has to be a clone.

Mike.

Koevoet

Mar 6, 2018
The guide is for clones , but should work on genuine bricked boxes as well.

You can normally tell the clone from the mac address , as it should/could have the same numbering as the serial #

On the original boxes it looks like there is a 2nd copy of the bootloader on the 1Mb NOR flash , now this should not really have any impact on the flashing process , as the clone killer seems to wipe the 1Mb flash hence the reason the LED fails and it is bricked.
I think there may be a second firmware image of the NAND (not 100%) certain , would have to disect the dump i have to verify , but if there is as a failsafe , this could be a rev 22 clone killer image , I have seen in the bios settings they mention a Bank 1 and a Bank 2 , now i am not sure if this relates to the NOr or the NAND flash. If it relates to the NAND then there could be remanants of the Rev22 image on there (This is just speculation at the moment) , but it only seems to be yourself and sandy 22 who seem to be having the issue of it still failing.

Mikeios

Feb 23, 2018
@ Koevoet,

Thanks for the info. I’ve looked at the Mac and serial # and they seem to be totally different that I can see of anyway. Yeah it’s weird it’s only myself and sandy seem to have the issue. I’ll keep messing about and hopefully I’ll figure out something. Thanks as always for your time and help.

Mike.

Camdtv

Feb 17, 2018
You can always just send a email to infor with serial and mac adress and they will tell you if it is a clone.
I checked pictures of others and some said you could tel on mac but mine mac looked lika a real and had that silver sticker too so i asked infomir that told me is was a clone

Mikeios

Feb 23, 2018
@ Camdtv,

Thanks for the info. I’ll tell the person who owns the box to email themself and let them decide if they want to or not as I have no idea where it was even purchased or from whom. As I said I was only asked to have a look to see if I could revive it again. Thanks for your help and time.

Mike.

sandy 22

Mar 14, 2018
Reseller ID
na
i and mikeios are still having probs with keeping box alive we are both using the larger board of the 2 that is cheaper if you search and are just wondering if this is the reson and the board is not wipping flash fully we maybe wrong just seeing if any of you have had succes with larger of the 2 boards