• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

BOTL

Dec 12, 2017
This does not seem to stop, the seller after a ton of BS agreed to send it to service, they deemed the box had some issues and the repairshop said I would get a new one.
It seems that I have received a used box that is 5 monts older then the one i had, production 2017-05 and can not do anything with it. the Mac code is "locked" What i can say so far that reseller Lagal has been very helpfull with trying out diffrent sollutions and it all comes down to the absollutley terrible reseler of this box.

Reactions: Lagal

Robin Hood

Mar 3, 2018
I have been blocked by BT
Have a page loading error with Internet “Not available`’ and Wifi “Disabled”
I have tried numerous changes to my BT hub but it still does not work.
Probably need to buy a New router with VPN loaded Has anyone tried this?
‘Was it successful? if so which router did you buy?

happyhotspur

Feb 17, 2018
How do you know whether your Mag256w1 is connected wired ethernet or wifi?
When I go into setting both state they are up but if I disconnect the ethernet cable then it only shows wifi is up
I know this seems an obvious answer but when I plug the ethernet cable back in both setting show up so wondered what one was actually linked.
I am getting lots of lip sync issues on watching VOD so wondered if the two working together was causing a conflict
Also getting similiar issues with watching catch up so not sure whether the issue is a box issues or my iptv supplierer although they say its an isp issue so am just confused
Never had these issues with my previous iptv provider and was using the same isp then hence my utter confusion

Guy

Jul 24, 2016
Reseller ID
Guy Mahoney
Hi I have similar problem. I use Mag256 since December 2017. Some weeks ago I cannot remive channels from favourites no matter how much I try. I have made factory reset and updated firmware but problem still there. Have googled this problem but could ñot find solution. Appreciate any help.

Reactions: Ahmad Taiy

Prodelin

Dec 29, 2016
This a crap box to be honest, full of bugs, most often i don't get sound on MKV files, doesn't encode, youtube is a disaster, says video not available, WTF?? daily reboots, it's crap.

Lantigua

Mar 31, 2018
Is there a way to change the portal theme?. Mine went from gray-yellow to bright green-white after changing providers.

I have seen instructions to go [-settings - portal]-- and make the changes there but I don't have that option.

I tried to re-rest the mag to factory and re-seet configurations and nothing. as soon as I switch to new provider
the screen changes to green.

Reactions: uriX

Grumpy007

Aug 22, 2017
Helou

Need a help. My mag 256 just gone crazy, it always bring me back to first menu and is not loading portal at all.

When I try to update software I always get same message: WRONG SIGNATURE.

This message commes in both ways SW update, network or usb.

How can I bring back my mag 256 to life?

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Ahmad Taiy

Sep 16, 2017
Hi I have similar problem. I use Mag256 since December 2017. Some weeks ago I cannot remive channels from favourites no matter how much I try. I have made factory reset and updated firmware but problem still there. Have googled this problem but could ñot find solution. Appreciate any help.
I have talked to infomir about this problem. They believe that the problem lies with the IPTV server. The provider of IPTV must fix it!

Guy

Jul 24, 2016
Reseller ID
Guy Mahoney
I have talked to infomir about this problem. They believe that the problem lies with the IPTV server. The provider of IPTV must fix it!
Hello RapidIPTV - Could you please resolve this problem because I cannot remove channels from Favorites. Thank you.

redserv

Jan 2, 2017
Guys I have been having problem with the remote for my mag256 for sometime now. The remote works intermittent or I am just not sure what I am doing.How do you guys turn off the mag completely?When I turn it off with red button on remote nothing happens, I have to press the blue button then the red to turn off. I switched batteries, still no go. Is there a way to factory reset the remote?

jed2002

Reseller
Aug 23, 2017
Hello,

I would like to factory reset my mag 256 late 2017 edition but following all videos on youtube it doesn't work at all

Isn't it possible to format the latest editions?

If still possible to format any trick or can anyone explain me?

Thanks for your help

Guy

Jul 24, 2016
Reseller ID
Guy Mahoney
IPTV STSack informed me that the problem is with Infomir but I contacted Infomir Supper (who were very prompt and helpful in their response) who informed me as follows:

I have put the question to Infomir Suppor (who were very prompt in their reply) and they replied as follows:

"Once you are not using the Mag Inner Portal but the Provider's (RAPID) then any changes that you are trying to make with your favorites list are processed and stored by your provider's software. We can do nothing in this situation. You have to ask your provider for solving this situation.
That depends on how your provider sets the access to his channels on his side.
You can figure it out only by asking your provider"

Disappointed with Rapid IPTV service lately

Reactions: Ahmad Taiy

Guy

Jul 24, 2016
Reseller ID
Guy Mahoney
And for the record here is RAPIDIPTV (IPTVStack Dashboard)'s reply. Also I have tried another provider for 1 day trial and favorites worked ok:
===
Seems that Infomir is one perfect company , never ever they answer that will check or admit problem that they have with software on mag 256, even that many people complained to them always about mag 256. Answers from them is always the same, :''Contact your provider, problem is from their side''
Favorite list is just a list with channel names, have nothing with streaming.
I have mag 254, adding/removing channels or sorting to place where I want to be working fine.
To add channel to Favorite list, I press yellow button (FAVORITE),
then press green button (SORT) , choose >Only Favorite<
When want to remove from favorite list again press yellow button and yellow star that is before channel name, disappear.
Again go to green button (sort) >Only Favorite<
And channels are not on list anymore.
===

happyhotspur

Feb 17, 2018
I seem to be having issues with my Mag256w1
the usual signal speed is around 56mbps but it keeps dropping down to 2.57 to 4.18 throughout the day. I have had my isp provider come out and test my line and they could find no issues. They also assure me that they are not 'throttling'
Has my box started to go wrong or can I do something to restore it back to its normal working conditions?

Ahmad Taiy

Sep 16, 2017
Hello.
I think this is a common issue in MAG boxes. My also varies between 15-95 Mbs when I use 5 Ghz. And when I use Ethernet cable or 2.4 Ghz I get max 54 Mbs. Although my main line is 500 Mbs. There is some kind of software failure in the MAG boxes that makes it incorrect measurement. I think that the measurement result we get is wrong and the reality is much faster. As long as your channels are not chopped and you have no problem with channel views then you should not worry about it :)