• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

uriX

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵Highly recommended ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Reseller
My MAG 256w2.
How does MAG 256 work for you when it is restarted. Are you coming straight into the portal or do you entering manually? On my old MAG 254 I went straight into the portal when I resstartet the box? On my New MAG 256w2, I have to manually login to the portal because I get a network error, even if it's a network. When I choose try again. Then it goes right in the portal! This happens every time.

Is there a common mistake on MAG 256 or I'm just experiencing it??

redserv

Jan 2, 2017
Thanks for responding urix. Is their a way to reset the remote back to factory?

uriX

Reseller
This is a known problem with MAG boxes. Try to factory reset the box. I get higher internet speed at 5 GHz than with 2.4 GHz or Ethernet cable. I have 500 Mbps in, but my MAG box can handle up to 95 Mbps. With cable it only achieves 65 Mbps and at 2.4 GHz it does not get more than 35 Mbps!

I also believe that the speed test app on the MAG box is very unstable.

fent11

Mar 29, 2018
Hi

I've had my 256 for a few months now and it's been going really well.

However, when I turned on my box tonight it's started to play up.

I get the infomir screen, then the next step is the 'loading connections' etc screen - then the signal cuts out as if someone has removed the HDMI.

I have swapped the HDMI cable and the same thing occurs.

So i resterted the box and held down the menu button to gain access to the blue screen. From here i;ve chosen 'default settings' which i believe resests to factory settings... But no luck,

So I then changed theTV setting to 'auto' and the Graphic Res to 'tv settings'... the boot mode was then changed from Nand1 to Nand2, restarted and no luck.

I then changed the boot mode from Nand2 to DHCP... However, when i restarted in this boot mode the box is just hanging on the infomir opening screen, it's not even reaching the load screen any more. Furthermore, I can't even get the menu/blue screen to show anymore, so i'm in a bit of a mess unfortunately :confounded:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

fent11

Mar 29, 2018
Quick update guys - via pressing and holding the small button on the back of my box, i've now managed to get it beyond the opening splash screen (by changing the boot method back to Nand1), and it now continues to the "starting network interfaces" message before it then drops out to "no signal".

Any ideas?

Was lookingn forward to the football tomorow but looks like i might be struggling now :confusede:

Roel

Feb 14, 2016
Hello,

My MAG 250 box broke down.
I want to buy a new one. Can I just remove the old mag box registration from IPTV Stack and add the new one (with different MAC address) ?

Thank you in advance.

ZebTurner

Aug 19, 2017
long story short(ish).. mag 256 worked for 6ish months, then it dropped picture after booting, no signal etc... seen online that they do this sometimes, works with 3.5 pin plug but not hdmi.. anyway, i went to menu (holding menu button whilst booting) then did the usual, reset etc and still the same... so i downloaded the firmware 2.20.04. changed boot to nand 1 and nand 2 and neither worked. (just blue screen through HDMI) although HDMI displays until boots..

i then downloaded firmware 2.20.03 and installed through USB. Nand1 wont boot but nand2 does, doesnt boot right, pic still disconnects but after about 30 seconds (tv displays 'no signal') i get the menu to chose my server. now.. the servers work but i have no sound... ive done everything... i definately think its the firmware, no sound anywhere, any tv, dif HDMI cables etc. i have rolled back using the boot with the button at the back, updated with the menu once i got in. tried everything i can find online.

any help would be greatly appreciated. also if anyone can get me a firmware pre 2.20.03 that i can try, im convinced this would work. informir only have 2.20.03 and .04 on their website.

thanks

ZebTurner

Aug 19, 2017
Hi fent, I had the same issue. Have u tried changing the firmware? I managed to get a boot this way, also be patient, yes I know it shouldn’t but wait once your signal drops when connecting to internet, blue screen, no signal... wait, mine came in after 2 mins with one of the NAND boots...

anyway... got hdmi working with no sound but now use red white through sep output for sound out of necessity. Got feelers our on a few forums, nothing coming back from here though. Pm for help if u like

ZebTurner

Aug 19, 2017
Pmd u feint, also let me know if u get any replies from other sites. You should get a boot following what I wrote...

Reactions: fent11

Clack

Reseller
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Reseller ID
clack
My MAG 256w2.
How does MAG 256 work for you when it is restarted. Are you coming straight into the portal or do you entering manually? On my old MAG 254 I went straight into the portal when I resstartet the box? On my New MAG 256w2, I have to manually login to the portal because I get a network error, even if it's a network. When I choose try again. Then it goes right in the portal! This happens every time.

Is there a common mistake on MAG 256 or I'm just experiencing it??
I got network error when on WiFi but not with ethernet cable.

uriX

Reseller
There is probably something wrong with your MAG box. By the way, I get better broadband speed with WIFI 5 GHz than cable and 2.4 GHz. I have 500 Mbps to the house, but I get max 99 Mbps with 5 GHz in My MAG 256 W2. I get under 50 with cable and 2.4 GHz.