• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

wjhunt

Aug 13, 2017
A lot of my problems disappeared when I decided to give the MAG a static IP in network settings

The Soulman

Aug 31, 2017
Good morning.

The problem I'm having is that when the box starts up a "Unlock / Password request" screen appears and I can't go any further.
Prior to this happening I have done a liitle looking through the menus and think that I may have caused the problem but I'm not sure.
The problem is, I don't know exactly what password the box is asking for.
I've tried the default password which I believe to be 0000 I've also reset the box to default settings and even reflashed the box using the recovery utility / USB with imageupdate file (Box reported "Flashed successfullly") but upon rebooting the problem persists.
I've attached a picture of the screen in question in the hope that someone might recognise the screen in question and be able to tell me exactly which password the box is asking for.

Thank you and regards, The Soulman.

Attachments

laondaNL

Dec 14, 2016
Good morning.

The problem I'm having is that when the box starts up a "Unlock / Password request" screen appears and I can't go any further.
Prior to this happening I have done a liitle looking through the menus and think that I may have caused the problem but I'm not sure.
I've tried the default password which I believe to be 0000 I've also reset the box to default settings and even reflashed the box using the recovery utility / USB with imageupdate file (Box reported "Flashed successfullly") but upon rebooting the problem persists.
I've attached a picture of the screen in question in the hope that someone might recognise the screen in question and be able to tell me exactly which password the box is asking for.

Send me a picture above from the mag box

Earnmonitor

Sep 21, 2015
UK|Worldwide
earnmonitor.com
Reseller ID
Earnmonitor
Good morning.

You need a hard reset using MC update from infomir

The Soulman

Aug 31, 2017
Good morning.

Send me a picture above from the mag box
Picture is already on the original post.

The Soulman

Aug 31, 2017
Good morning.

Please could you explain what a hard reset using MC update from infomir is.

Regards, The Soulman.

Earnmonitor

Sep 21, 2015
UK|Worldwide
earnmonitor.com
Reseller ID
Earnmonitor
Good morning.

Regards, The Soulman.
Please go to infomir website they have a support forum about multicast hard reset as they will give you a special software to download to do a full hard reset

The Soulman

Aug 31, 2017

Regards, The Soulman.
Please go to infomir website they have a support forum about multicast hard reset as they will give you a special software to download to do a full hard reset
Thank you Earnmonitor.

Could I ask you, have you seen this password request screen before and please could you tell me what causes it to appear ?

Earnmonitor

Sep 21, 2015
UK|Worldwide
earnmonitor.com
Reseller ID
Earnmonitor

Regards, The Soulman.
Thank you Earnmonitor.

Could I ask you, have you seen this password request screen before and please could you tell me what causes it to appear ?

No but the best way is to start from scratch using multicast reset

The Soulman

Aug 31, 2017
Thats not a real mag. Its fake model.
It was bought from the Informirs recommended seller in the uk.

If you've nothing worthwhile to contribute please don't post on the thread any further.

(You've already asked for a picture that was staring you in the face had you read the original post properly.)