• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Scasuro

Aug 15, 2017
Hi

Last week I bought an unused MAG254 and everything worked fine at the beginning.
After seting up IPTV on the device I tested the service and recognized that my remote sometimes loses "connection" and doesn't react with the box. After randomly pressing the buttons on the remote it somehow manages to "connect" again with the device. Sometimes I had to restart my device to have a connection again.

Did someone experienced the same problem or is my remote/device broken?

Kielbear

Reseller
Aug 9, 2015
Reseller ID
kielbear
Hi.. as far as i´m aware this is the situation: " It is only possible with 1 Mac with multiple connection. Unfortunately, you must use M3U on the second connection. It has been mentioned several times in the forum. Therefore, I offer my customers two separate subscribers instead of multiple connection. Because then you can use two MAG boxes with two MAC addresses" ... i copied this from another post.. hope it helps..

Tricki

Mar 22, 2017
Hi.. as far as i´m aware this is the situation: " It is only possible with 1 Mac with multiple connection. Unfortunately, you must use M3U on the second connection. It has been mentioned several times in the forum. Therefore, I offer my customers two separate subscribers instead of multiple connection. Because then you can use two MAG boxes with two MAC addresses" ... i copied this from another post.. hope it helps..
Thank you

Reactions: Kielbear

Alvin

Jul 3, 2018
My mag 254 readed an erroneous expiration date August 28, 2018 and it was blocked in that date. I sent a support replay and they did a maintenance but right now mi mag 254 reads another erroneous expiration date … now it reads Sep 28, 2018. My susbscription expire in next year
A. Rivera

Amielea21

Aug 30, 2018
Im trying to use it but it keeps crashing, have you managed to get the open at enigma 2 working?

squig007

Aug 25, 2016
Yes mate it took me a while to get my head around the box but it’s the best box I’ve ever used . Enigma which I’m testing is fantastic and the android apps are so quick . Wait for the Update it makes a massive difference

Amielea21

Aug 30, 2018
Really as ive had it a day and was going to sell it, so have you got the channels working on the enigma side, i did mine via xtreme editor all channels ect r there but when i click to play i get a red cross?

squig007

Aug 25, 2016
Yes everything works but the new update won’t be released until final bugs are ironed out I’m hearing we are just a week away

Amielea21

Aug 30, 2018
I wounder why my channels on enigma aint working then, will it update its self or will we have to download the new update? Also the stalker iptv player stops working do you use that?

Nepose

Sep 1, 2018
You can try flashing public image from Infomir soft repository (not factory!). Public image has standard key which should pass when the previous firmware is signed by custom. But if previous firmware is signed as operator image, Wrong Signature will appear.

Frank2k

Oct 21, 2016
Quick question: Is it the same power supply for the MAG 254 as for the MAG250?

Nepose

Sep 1, 2018
Hi everyone :)

Infomir's going to announce new MAG boxes at IBC 2018 so decided to start new thread about them. The manufacturer has written information about them in their website:

MAG424/424w3 is a cost-effective UHD IPTV/OTT solution intended for medium to large sized operators and telecommunication service providers. The set-top box performed in small form-factor. It has 1 GB operative and 8 GB flash memory, which is good enough to playback and store the high-quality video.

MAG424/424w3 plays the HEVC-compressed files. It means the network load will be lower, even when delivering 4K content. The device runs on Linux OS and fully meets the most stringent requirements of the IPTV/OTT market.
There is also third version - MAG 424Aw3, which is 424w3 with Android 7.0. Specification:

Dimensions
  • Width/depth/height, (mm)115x115x28Weight, g180
Hardware
  • Chipset: Hi3798MV200
  • Processor: ARM Cortex A53 Quad Core CPU 1200 MHz
  • Perfomance: 15 000 DMIPS
  • RAM: 1 GB
  • Flash memory: 8Gb eMMC
Software
  • Operating system: Linux 4.4.35 or Android 7.0
  • Middleware supported: Ministra multiscreen TV platform
Interfaces: RCA 3.5 mm, HDMI 2.0, S/PDIF, Ethernet 100 Mbps, USB 2.0х1, USB 3.0x1, Bluetooth 3.0, 4.1
Sources of media content: PC and NAS in local network, Stream media protocols (RTSP, RTP, UDP, IGMP, HTTP), USB-devices
Audio & video
  • Audio сodecs: MPEG-1 I/II, MPEG-2 II, III (mp3), AAC 5.1, AAC+ Level2, AAC+ Level4, Dolby Digital Plus™ support
  • Audio formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA (optional), OGG, WAV, AAC
  • Video modes: PAL, NTSC, 576p, 720p, 1080p, 1080i, 2160p
  • Video сodecs: H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC, MVC), WMV, MPEG-1/2, MPEG-4, VC-1
  • Video containers: TS, MTS, AVI, MPEG, MP4, MOV, MKV, M2TS, VOB, 3GP
  • Image formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, RAW
  • Subtitles: DVB, PGS, Hardsub, Inserted, SRT, SSA/ASS, SUB, Teletext subs, WebVtt, Closed Caption
  • Playlist formats: M3U, M3U8, PLS, CUE
Standard set
MAG424 Set-Top Box, User Manual, HDMI cable, Power adapter 12V 1A, Remote control, 2 AAA batteries, Packaging
In other internet websites I've also found information from which I guess that there may be also MAG 425 - closed platform equivalent (425 / 425w3 / 425Aw3). New STBs may be produced in Micro Fusion design (the same as 324)

What's your opinion about new STBs? :) (it would be nice idea to create new category ;) )

Nepose

Sep 1, 2018
Unfortunately can't edit post, but forgotten to written that "w3" modification is 424 with built-in Wi-Fi b/g/n/ac. Everyone from this series has also Bluetooth 4.1.