• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Mite1200

Quality reseller since 2017
Jan 22, 2017
Austria
Reseller ID
MITE-IPTV
There neither is Dolby Atmos/Digital nor 5.1 audio on live IPTV at the moment as far as I know. Even the legit TV providers don't have more than stereo sound in most cases. On VOD it's a different story of course, but I am not aware that there would be 5.1 sound or similar on live IPTV on Rapid at the moment.

amos

Jun 3, 2018
There neither is Dolby Atmos/Digital nor 5.1 audio on live IPTV at the moment as far as I know. Even the legit TV providers don't have more than stereo sound in most cases. On VOD it's a different story of course, but I am not aware that there would be 5.1 sound or similar on live IPTV on Rapid at the moment.
Vod would be great but so far I have not found any provider.

Mite1200

Jan 22, 2017
Austria
Reseller ID
MITE-IPTV
Vod would be great but so far I have not found any provider.
I think you would be better of with genuine VOD providers like Netflix or Amazon Instant Video which support Dolby sound in this case. VOD is just a nice little extra for IPTV in my opinion, but not really a serious option for movie lovers as the picture quality on VOD is pretty terrible on Rapid anyways (bitrate, framerate and resolution), but not on all movies of course. It still can't keep up with dedicated VOD providers by far though. :/

I see IPTV as a good alternative for cheap, PayTV live channels and never use the VOD section, as I have amazon prime and a 4K Dolby Vision TV and Blu-Ray player anyway. But I can understand that not everyone wants to spend money on VOD and movies of course.

amos

Jun 3, 2018
I have tried 4 different devices I now have the minix u9 which has dolby pass thru I still have not been able to find a vod that Has 5.1. I have also tried 5 different providers still everything is in stereo.

Mite1200

Jan 22, 2017
Austria
Reseller ID
MITE-IPTV
I have tried 4 different devices I now have the minix u9 which has dolby pass thru I still have not been able to find a vod that Has 5.1. I have also tried 5 different providers still everything is in stereo.
Looks like there is no 5.1 VOD at the moment. Though as the admin said, some channels seem to be encoded with Dolby Digital/5.1 sound, but it looks like those channels are rare and the support will definitely vary from the current content on the channel. Also, it's highly possible they change certain sources every once in a while, so I wouldn't really expect to get more than stereo in most cases. Personally I haven't come across any 5.1 encoded channel until now, but I'll keep an eye on it now.

Mauricio

Mar 12, 2018
Many of the channels in FHD have 5.1 audio, do a test with Kodi, go into audio property while channel is playing and you will see.

RobertoKodi

Oct 11, 2017
The "big main FHD" channels support 5.1
i have several dutch channels , that broadcasts in 5.1
I see it immediately on my Denon Reciever display .. Dts , dolby digital + is mostly only on netflix and Amazon... or kodi

Reactions: Mauricio

Airforce1

Jul 13, 2018
Tried many previous tests from IPTV suppliers without any success, therefore my question is are there any suppliers on this forum who can offer this option for clients who have hearing difficulties and require the use of subtitles?

Jim Ranson

May 12, 2018
Tried many previous tests from IPTV suppliers without any success, therefore my question is are there any suppliers on this forum who can offer this option for clients who have hearing difficulties and require the use of subtitles?
I've exploored this in detail although have come to the conclusion it's not possible. Subtitles are available when the stream has subtitles encoded into it, when this happens, the player can decode and display them just fine. I've found that BBC, ITV and channel 5 are the only providers which encode subtitles by this method.

If your player has a teletext option, you can go to page 888 and get subs that way (where available) Not sure how Sky & co encode subtitles, don't know how easy it would be to fix although like everything else, it's probably not something that they are working on as not many people are requesting a fix.

Airforce1

Jul 13, 2018
Cheers for the reply Jim,

Yeah find it very fraustrating watching IPTV without the option for subtitles especially for VOD. Have my VM C/S as alternative for other channels : )

Jim Ranson

May 12, 2018
Cheers for the reply Jim,

Yeah find it very fraustrating watching IPTV without the option for subtitles especially for VOD. Have my VM C/S as alternative for other channels : )
Interesting you mention VOD, all of my VOD has subtitles, well over a thousand movies currently available and all with subttiles, I can put you in touch with my supplier if you like who offers a trial so you can see for yourself?

Mite1200

Jan 22, 2017
Austria
Reseller ID
MITE-IPTV
I think the reseller which set you up your dashboard would need to disable the user's dashboard before somebody else can use the e-mail for a new dashboard again. But I am not sure if this would work, as the e-mail would still be persistent in the system and it would probably still reject the e-mail for future uses. I'm sure that support/admin could help you in this regard though, there's surely some way.

Mite1200

Jan 22, 2017
Austria
Reseller ID
MITE-IPTV
No, it should be possible to use the same mail. Your dashboard will be switched to the new reseller
No, you can't use an e-mail adress which is assigned to a dashboard again for a different dashboard. That's the problem of OP. If it would work he wouldn't have asked the question.

As I said, it might be possible if the reseller which assigned the e-mail to the dashboard disabled the dashboard, but I am not sure. It's definitely not possible if one dashboard is still active though.

I had this problem lately when I tried to assign my client a dashboard. I got an error message that the e-mail has already been used, although the subscription of his previous reseller has run out already.