• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Match-day Blockage

ozzyman

Oct 30, 2017
In Turkey during league games playing all channels having the constant buffer on Turk Telekom based ISP's (Including Turk.Net - vodafone ) (Even Non - Football channels) On friday to monday 19:30-22:30 CET

cris08

Reseller
Feb 6, 2016
Reseller ID
cris08
hi, all sporttv PT channels are buffering during Match, the other channels works fine. can you check please

ozzyman

Oct 30, 2017
"In Turkey"
Today even games finished more than half hour ago the buffering continues. There were similar issue in my backup few days ago but they fixed the issue because the problem were their firewall configuration. Can you ask to technical team ? Because even I can watch the games from another iptv you have good channels and I don't think it's not from only ISP reducing bandwidth but some another reason might be also.
(I already asked my reseller)

xbaks

Oct 15, 2018
Hi all. Anyone know what happen with service ? In UK 95% channels not working (Poland List). I know about blockage when matchdays but problem is from over 2 days (whole day) ... before when match finish everything back to normal... Have lots of complains from customers. I try myself on SmartIPTV, GSE, IPTV Smarters (different ISP’s - LAN and GSM) and same issue on all devices and all connections. Any info ??

Reactions: boston65

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Hi all. Anyone know what happen with service ? In UK 95% channels not working (Poland List). I know about blockage when matchdays but problem is from over 2 days (whole day) ... before when match finish everything back to normal... Have lots of complains from customers. I try myself on SmartIPTV, GSE, IPTV Smarters (different ISP’s - LAN and GSM) and same issue on all devices and all connections. Any info ??
Here's what I've done. On none match days, using my Smart TV or Apple TV and on match days, Android receiver/box with VPN. I think it's a good idea to invest in a VPN and there are cheap ones out there (You don't need 60+ countries or a server in Taiwan for example, few servers would do and it reduces VPN cost)

I don't think there's a way around this :(

damasius25

Reseller
Jun 6, 2016
Reseller ID
damasius25
Here's what I've done. On none match days, using my Smart TV or Apple TV and on match days, Android receiver/box with VPN. I think it's a good idea to invest in a VPN and there are cheap ones out there (You don't need 60+ countries or a server in Taiwan for example, few servers would do and it reduces VPN cost)

I don't think there's a way around this :(
Rapid is gradually losing Subscribers because of this. I am getting complaints from my sub people everyday and I kept promising them that rapid will always find a way around it. But as you say it seems Sky has beaten Rapid squarely this time around

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Rapid is gradually losing Subscribers because of this. I am getting complaints from my sub people everyday and I kept promising them that rapid will always find a way around it. But as you say it seems Sky has beaten Rapid squarely this time around
Yes, Court ruling in the UK, now ISPs have more power to detect and stop streaming. The only way would be a VPN in my opinion, or maybe invest more in a router. Obviously, toggling from VPN to devices etc is not an easy task for some. Most people are looking for an easy, Netflix style way to watch TV !! Well, if so, they can pay more and understand the limitations of IPTV and stop complaining.

damasius25

Reseller
Jun 6, 2016
Reseller ID
damasius25
Yes, Court ruling in the UK, now ISPs have more power to detect and stop streaming. The only way would be a VPN in my opinion, or maybe invest more in a router. Obviously, toggling from VPN to devices etc is not an easy task for some. Most people are looking for an easy, Netflix style way to watch TV !! Well, if so, they can pay more and understand the limitations of IPTV and stop complaining.
Other IPTV services are able to bypass this. This court order has been there for years but rapid had a way around it.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Other IPTV services are able to bypass this. This court order has been there for years but rapid had a way around it.
I have used/tested few and the only guys who managed to stream on match days, nevermind the quality, were some folks based in the Middle East who developed their own IPTV app connected to their servers on their chosen devices. I can't think of any other way.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Hi all,

I've noticed sometimes when I cannot stream on my Apple TV, but I can do on my Smart TV without a VPN. I believe it's not ISP blocking, if not always, rather many are trying to stream at the same time and demand is high so this causes a lot of traffic and channel would be down.

Maybe if IPTV providers could expand and upgrade their servers for the demand then it could solve the problem.

shiwen55

K'nan2020

May 15, 2017
Reseller ID
K'nan2020
This ISP blockage was not as bad as it is now. Rapid used to be good but nowadays most of the times when there are football whether it’s weekend or weekday evening it get blocked and customers are frustrated and leaving us.

I know other IPTV providers that’s always on and works great whenever there are football. I wonder how they do it and not Rapid.

if Rapid doesn’t do anything about this ISP blockage then we will have no customers soon

remember customers main reason for IPTV is football not local free to air channels

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
This ISP blockage was not as bad as it is now. Rapid used to be good but nowadays most of the times when there are football whether it’s weekend or weekday evening it get blocked and customers are frustrated and leaving us.

I know other IPTV providers that’s always on and works great whenever there are football. I wonder how they do it and not Rapid.

if Rapid doesn’t do anything about this ISP blockage then we will have no customers soon

remember customers main reason for IPTV is football not local free to air channels
After checking, I made a big discovery. The m3u link I have (I bought from a seller here and I believe he's a Rapid reseller), in the link there's no 'Proxy'. A proxy can hide your IP so I can imagine more difficult to track you and block you. I wonder why Rapid m3u link (the one I have) has no Proxy. Well, something to think about.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Hi guys,

Here's what I've done;

I bought/invested in a VPN router, Liberty Shield Lite (didn't go for Pro version) and although it is 2.4 GHz, to my surprise I can get WiFi speeds of up to 24 Mbs (I have a medium Fibre broadband with up to 38 Mbs) and LAN is superb. And the annual subscription after 14 days trial, is average for VPN providers.

I have connected my Smart TV to the VPN router through LAN (using Smart IPTV app) and I'm not having any problem and I can watch Football, as a matter of fact, I did today. It's very smooth, hassle-free VPN.

Although some say Rapid would only work with Static VPN, I asked Liberty Shield customer services and they said they have Tier 2 Dynamic IP, but it's working and streaming. So I doubt this would affect Rapid.

I would suggest customers do so and invest in a VPN router. It's worth it, especially they're not pricey, if not few.

This has sorted my problem I was having sometimes and I would like to thank my seller for all his advice and support, even in the evenings.

Regards,

maxmix

Sep 4, 2019
UK and Russian
I've done exactly the same :) but took Pro version. Pro version supports OpenVPN and they highly recommending this for those who watching IPTV. (Don't know why :) ) Setup was easy than I was expecting. And I am watching Rapid now during Matchday.
Happy days.

Reactions: shiwen55

Mandyola

Sep 20, 2019
Today was a total washout Couldn't get any service on any channel. If ISP company's can block me all day on match day why don't they block me all day every day? Because if they could they would so im not sure this is totally ISP blocking. I ended watching footy at a mates he uses same ISP as me and as i have just found out same provider his was fine, so the question is why wasn't mine. As for VPN router, plus VPN subscription add on Rapid subscription, slow speed through router, Is it worth the bother anymore especially when you miss more football then you watch. If this is the norm im out at the end of subscription.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Today was a total washout Couldn't get any service on any channel. If ISP company's can block me all day on match day why don't they block me all day every day? Because if they could they would so im not sure this is totally ISP blocking. I ended watching footy at a mates he uses same ISP as me and as i have just found out same provider his was fine, so the question is why wasn't mine. As for VPN router, plus VPN subscription add on Rapid subscription, slow speed through router, Is it worth the bother anymore especially when you miss more football then you watch. If this is the norm im out at the end of subscription.
I don't know. Saying speed-wise for streaming HD, you'd only need about 5 MBs on top of my head. I know VPN reduces speed, only if you want to download something. Else streaming needs less speed.

Reactions: maxmix

Mandyola

Sep 20, 2019
The best way forward is to get manufactures of the likes of mag etc to combine VPN into boxes. Not a techie but surly it wouldn't be much of a chore for our savvy Chinese friends to sort out. Then Rapid could combine VPN subscription with IPTV subscription, Leaves Rapid laughing all the way to the bank.

Reactions: shiwen55