• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Match-day Blockage

Mandyola

Sep 20, 2019
No real point in me carrying on, cant even watch free to air. Not sure i can be arsed with VPN router might call it a day.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Same here, since I get Liberty Shield, all good :)
I am with Virgin btw
I had line drops twice this evening that I had to power off VPN router. Did you have same issue? Apart from that it was great. Btw, line didn't drop while watching a channel and didn't interrupt streaming but when I tried to change channel and it wasn't connecting, showing failed. Powered off and was back online. I'll ask Liberty Shield tomorrow as well.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Yes, fixed the problem. Just to give an update on my last message;

It wasn't the IPTV server or Smart IPTV. I changed my main router's DNS back to ISP, changed the country from US to UK and with Liberty Shield agent, changed the encryption to Open VPN. All sorted and better image quality too.

Happy days :)

Just a comment, all Rapid subscription and VPN subscription together is not even two months full Sky package and also you'd get none UK channels as well. Worth the money and will recommend the VPN router to friends and family.

Mandyola

Sep 20, 2019
Thinking of this liberty lite router is it easy to set up? Cant be arsed messing about dragging cables all over the place. Im not to savvy about stuff like this.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Thinking of this liberty lite router is it easy to set up? Cant be arsed messing about dragging cables all over the place. Im not to savvy about stuff like this.
Way easy. I connected to the main router via cable, waited 10 minutes to update the firmware. Followed the link on the booklet and entered my codes (There's two codes, one for the router and one for two weeks trial) and entered my name, email address (they don't ask for your home address) and created a password. Because it's the first time, they'd reduce annual subscription from £69.99 to £49.99 for first time buyers. Waited 10 minutes, turned off VPN router and on again and I was all set. It's all preconfigured, all you need is to register, easier than you think, then later, you can manage VPN servers etc easily. I recommend.

Reactions: Mandyola

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
I'd say buy from Amazon, this way you can send it back easier if you don't like it. I'm sure when you see the results, you'll change your mind :)

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Ok thanks will look into this in the next few days. In for a penny as they say
Just to add, Lite version as they say on their website, doesn't support Open VPN encryption. I bought mine from Amazon (Lite version) and it had a sticker that it does support Open VPN. You'd be better off buying from Amazon, as it has support for Open VPN (although they say you can contact Liberty Shield to upgrade your firmware, I don't if they'd charge you for that or not)

Mandyola

Sep 20, 2019
Just to add, Lite version as they say on their website, doesn't support Open VPN encryption. I bought mine from Amazon (Lite version) and it had a sticker that it does support Open VPN. You'd be better off buying from Amazon, as it has support for Open VPN (although they say you can contact Liberty Shield to upgrade your firmware, I don't if they'd charge you for that or not)
Thanks but already order one off ebay didn't think of checking Open VPN . I order it before i read your post. Well will just have to see what turns up. Thanks anyway

Mandyola

Sep 20, 2019
This is what i bought. You opinion would be appreciated

• Pre installed with 14 days access to a UK, USA, Irish, Spanish, Swiss or German VPN
  • 256bit encryption and unblock your internet connection, access what your ISP blocks
  • Simply plug into your existing modem or router and set your VPN location. Then connect all your devices (MAG BOX, Smart TV's, Firestick, Zgemma, Enigma and many more)
  • Super fast speed: Our high speed VPN network is optimised for video streaming providing a buffer free experience on any device
  • 24/7 support 365 days a year from www.libertyshield.com

Our Lite router is a plug and play VPN router pre configured to simply plug into your existing network and connect. Included is 1 months VPN access from. Once you activate you can choose which location to set your VPN to. This can be changed as many times as you like. After the months access, simply purchase a subscription to keep your router connected to the VPN (£6.99 per month, or get your 1st year for only £49.99). Our routers are configured to encrypt your internet traffic with 256bit security. Our network is log free, so nobody can track your internet history. Use our VPN router for maximum privacy against the Snoopers Charter. The router we are supplying is a Mikrotik RouterBoard hAP Lite. The RB951-2n has three Ethernet ports and a 802.11b/g/n wireless AP with an antenna built in. When connected to the VPN you can expect to receive a maximum speed of 40MB depending on your source speed. The device is very small but powerful enough to run all your devices from along with watching perfect HD streams. Watch our product video here - Box contains: RouterBoard hAP Lite, power supp and cat 5 cable

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
This is what i bought. You opinion would be appreciated

• Pre installed with 14 days access to a UK, USA, Irish, Spanish, Swiss or German VPN
  • 256bit encryption and unblock your internet connection, access what your ISP blocks
  • Simply plug into your existing modem or router and set your VPN location. Then connect all your devices (MAG BOX, Smart TV's, Firestick, Zgemma, Enigma and many more)
  • Super fast speed: Our high speed VPN network is optimised for video streaming providing a buffer free experience on any device
  • 24/7 support 365 days a year from www.libertyshield.com

Our Lite router is a plug and play VPN router pre configured to simply plug into your existing network and connect. Included is 1 months VPN access from. Once you activate you can choose which location to set your VPN to. This can be changed as many times as you like. After the months access, simply purchase a subscription to keep your router connected to the VPN (£6.99 per month, or get your 1st year for only £49.99). Our routers are configured to encrypt your internet traffic with 256bit security. Our network is log free, so nobody can track your internet history. Use our VPN router for maximum privacy against the Snoopers Charter. The router we are supplying is a Mikrotik RouterBoard hAP Lite. The RB951-2n has three Ethernet ports and a 802.11b/g/n wireless AP with an antenna built in. When connected to the VPN you can expect to receive a maximum speed of 40MB depending on your source speed. The device is very small but powerful enough to run all your devices from along with watching perfect HD streams. Watch our product video here - Box contains: RouterBoard hAP Lite, power supp and cat 5 cable
It's the same. Just wait until you receive the router to see if there's a sticker on the booklet to say Open VPN (it's to do with encryption, not essential). You can ask me questions or you could go to LibertShieldDOTcom. Enjoy !!

Substance44

Dec 4, 2017
All Portuguese subs are being blocked atm, in all ISPs, anyone else experiencing this and is there any way around it besides VPN?

def

Oct 26, 2019
Nota sure if that os the case, no streams from subscribed m3u service but from free grab lista its all good.

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
All Portuguese subs are being blocked atm, in all ISPs, anyone else experiencing this and is there any way around it besides VPN?
VPN encrypts and hides your ISP so they cannot block the stream. DNS on the other hand lifts geographic restrictions and does not hide your IP I doubt it'll always work, in my case, did sometimes.

Unless you trick the ISP provider and hide you're streaming, I can't think of another way.

Proxy can help to hide your activity too, it should be added to your m3u list, never tried it but I've seen that.

Substance44

Dec 4, 2017
VPN encrypts and hides your ISP so they cannot block the stream. DNS on the other hand lifts geographic restrictions and does not hide your IP I doubt it'll always work, in my case, did sometimes.

Unless you trick the ISP provider and hide you're streaming, I can't think of another way.

Proxy can help to hide your activity too, it should be added to your m3u list, never tried it but I've seen that.
Changing DNS does not work, tried Cloudflare and googles. Can you explain how to add a proxy to an m3u list?

shiwen55

Oct 18, 2019
Changing DNS does not work, tried Cloudflare and googles. Can you explain how to add a proxy to an m3u list?
I know it's possible and I've been looking up Google to see ways of doing it. I haven't seen a simple way doing it, the replies are technical and I'm not that good. I will look into this more.