• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Guido

Dec 9, 2016
Belgium
I've done some intensive testing to record video streams on the MAG 254

In the mean time I have received an answer from the MAG 254 manufacturer helpdesk regarding recording with their box.

When loading a local RapidIPTV m3u file recording works but:

Quote from infomir:
Well we tested your playlist and found the problem. Your provider has limitation sessions from the one IP address connected to their stream server.
You can check it, start playing some channel from your PC and from your STB, after 20-40 sec stream has stop on the PC or on the STB.
As you playing the stream and recording stream, you have this problem.
Also you can set the recording time in the future and exit the channel list, then the channel will be recorded in a specified time.

This was confirmed last night also by RapidIPTV helpdesk.

I'm going to test now with their portal http://mag.rapidiptv.com/c/ or http://mag.clientportal.link/cc/ but I expect the same issue there.

This way of working is not user friendly at all. If you plan a recording let's say at 8 PM and you start watching live TV at 7.45 PM, after 15 min's your live stream stops and the recording will be aborted. So what's worth recording?

There are other providers offering "catchup service" and they record for you 24/7 and this for 3/7 days. Unfortunattely you pay a lot more...the choice is for the end user.

Hope this clear out a lot of recording on the MAG 254 with RapidIPTV

Update on using Portal:

Tested rapidIPTV with portal settings now, and this is even worse. You can record, but only the videostream what you are watching. After 30 sec's aborted, even when you leave the Live stream as discribed above.

So conclusion. RapidIPTV is ok for just watching TV in high quality and there it stops.
There are cheaper solutions to do so. I have a private IPVPN setup for 2.5€ per month and I can watch all channels from my home provider whervever I'm am in the world.

Last edited:

Franqie

Here to help you become official Reseller!
Reseller
Dec 29, 2016
Reseller ID
Franqie
So, conclusion is that MAG256 has issues for many users, MAG254 work fine for all and alternative is TVIP S-410? Correct?

TVIP works with Rapid same as MAG devices do?

tempus-fugit

Dec 1, 2016
Hi Franqie
i had problems with the 256, later I realized that the problems occurred on devices with the hardware version 7.1, I now use a mag256 with the hardware version 7.2 and until now I have had no problems, freezes, whatsoever. Maybe it depends on the hardware version of the device, I can't tell for sure

Quimic

Reseller
Dec 7, 2016
Switzerland
Reseller ID
Quimic
So, conclusion is that MAG256 has issues for many users, MAG254 work fine for all and alternative is TVIP S-410? Correct?

For me the alternative is the mag 254... The Main box is without a doubt TVIP S.410. I also had a S412 but the only difference is the wireless...:)

Reactions: Franqie

tempus-fugit

Dec 1, 2016

For me the alternative is the mag 254... The Main box is without a doubt TVIP S.410. I also had a S412 but the only difference is the wireless...:)
Because of you guys, I feel like I should test the tvip s410 myself, it must be a killer

By the way, what about the channel-switching-time (zapping), is it as fast as the 256?

Last edited:

sülli

Dec 21, 2016
Belcika
ENGLISCH
Hello I also have a 256 likes synonymous have some problems they switched themselves out dan I have another hdmi cable taken everything good
Now at high-resolution canals it does not liquid what can I do there?
What can i understand under software 7.2?

tempus-fugit

Dec 1, 2016
ENGLISCH
Hello I also have a 256 likes synonymous have some problems they switched themselves out dan I have another hdmi cable taken everything good
Hi
happy new year.
its the hardware version. Just take a look whether you have 7.1 or 7.2.
you can look in the menu inside where the preferences are, or just have a look in the sticker in the box it was packed in, where the barcodes and the serial number of the device is.

secondly, use an expensive Ethernet cable with good quality (ex. g. cat 6a) to connect to your router, NOT wifi.

best regards

Zippo

Nov 25, 2016
Amsterdam
ENGLISCH
Hi
happy new year.
its the hardware version. Just take a look whether you have 7.1 or 7.2.
you can look in the menu inside where the preferences are, or just have a look in the sticker in the box it was packed in, where the barcodes and the serial number of the device is.

secondly, use an expensive Ethernet cable with good quality (ex. g. cat 6a) to connect to your router, NOT wifi.

best regards
Happy new year!
I looked and I thought I had 7.2 but I have 7.1.

When I go to inner portal and check for update it only check for other software which is 2.20 version.

How did you update it?

nielsn

Dec 16, 2016
Reseller ID
nielsn
Some movies in the VOD section stutter on my mag256. I don't know what version i have installed.

ziad ramzi

Nov 17, 2016
Anyone know how to creat favorite list of channels from all list croups (to be same the iptv app).
thnx

ziad ramzi

Nov 17, 2016
on my device the red wont add to favorite red has (VIEW) function to add to favorite its yelow (but its not creating any list or map to watch all the favorite channels in.

Charles Vella

Dec 11, 2016
Forget favourites on ******* WARNING FRAUD **DON'T BUY** PLEASE REPORT TO ADMIN ******* (at least for the time being) there seems to be a bug in the system. I had a problem where I selected favourites... and was fine. And a couole had disappeared. Then I wanted to remove some of the favourites and using the yellow button I removed them, only for them to reappear again after I change to the next page of channels in the same bouquet. Thankfully rapid changed the order of their channels and all of a sudden my favourites disappeared. The service is still the best out there... but there has to be a little flaw :) Hopefully channels will be organized soon via category and not all jumbled up :)