• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

ziad ramzi

Nov 17, 2016
yea, its hard to move form channel to channel from of your favorite from USA to UK or other country :S

IptvAddict

Dec 30, 2016
I have a mag254 and the favorite list works great for me. First I choose the list with all channels, then I mark what channels I want to be in the favorite list with the yellow button. After that I click the green button and choose show only favorite. Never had any problem with that

Charles Vella

Dec 11, 2016
...try removing them... it does not work for me. I had mag254 and didnt work... and same happened on mg256 when i changed my stb. I just wish rapid arranged the order or channels would be easy to find channels... thats all. Hopefully it will be done soon. However it is the most reliable out there. I have tried them almost all !

madmex

Jan 5, 2017
Not always the last Firmware is the best, for example in my mag 254 Firmware
R11 up does not work well

Dutchie

Sep 8, 2016
Everytime when i switch the input on my tv after using iptv, to for example my dvd, when i return to iptv, the portal doesnt load. It works for 2sec and than blacks out.

i unplug power and than restarts and everything works as normal. Any suggestions to resolve this?

IPTV Community

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 3, 2015
iptv.community

montel

Aug 18, 2016
Reseller ID
dahaya
Hello
I have a problem with a Mag254
i bought it from ebay and yesterday it was here.
But i tested it today it have not the server button on system settings or Portal button is not there.
I tried to update it with usb but it say wrong digital signature i tested a lot of firmwares but nothing from them work.
I hope anyone can help thanks

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Hello
But i tested it today it have not the server button on system settings or Portal button is not there.
I tried to update it with usb but it say wrong digital signature i tested a lot of firmwares but nothing from them work.
I think it's locked to provider and you can't do anything

Lars-Åke

Reseller
Dec 14, 2016
Sweden
Hello
Hi,
Ive got the same problem with one box..its locked from the provider with his personilzed firmware. really think that infomir should create a original bootstrap and imageupdate that could overwrite all firmware so we could set the box into factorysettings and update original firmware.

Boyette

Dec 7, 2016
NL
Reseller ID
Qservice
rapid doesnt support also this kind of mag device if they find out u are trying to use it they will block it because its not mag but mag emulator

reverend

Nov 7, 2016
Hello folks,

Having failed to get a really stable service on Enigma2 so far, and not wanting to use Win7 or Android for specific reasons, I want to try the Mag hardware, sice I have seen others provide good feedback on stability here.

I know nothing about Mag though and have never used or even seen one. I have had a quick scan through all posts in this forum but still have some questions:

1. Please can someone tell me, is it possible to schedule recordings from an EPG?
2. Is it possible to use a tailored playlist (there are a lot of channels that I would rather not have in an EPG at all, and I want to filter and sort my own)?
3. In the experience of Mag 254 users here, is the service stable (i.e all streams work reliablly, free of freeze and missed frames)?
4. Is it necessary/possible to utilise a VPN service with Mag?

Thanks all

rev

yousif666

Apr 6, 2016
DooM Lab
Reseller ID
doom470
Hello,

1. Recording is possible but manually, the timer is not working on the portal sadly.

2. Unfortunatly no, you have favourites and the categories like , United kingdom, USA, Germany, Italia...etc, when you enter any of these there is an option to add a channel to favourites, there is also "ALL" witch means display all the channels, after you have added your favourite channels when you enter "ALL" then you sort as show favourites and then you have all your favourtie channels listed, i understand a user who comes from Enigma2 to Mag but its hard to get used to, i am an enigma2 user and using mag, i always favour enigma2 over mag witch i will switch again.

3. Get MAG 256, its more powerful, i used both MAG 256 and 254 and i can assure you that 256 is a lot faster than 254 and regarding the stability it depends on the service provider.

4. No its not nessesary and i dont think its possible to use a VPN, maybe i am wrong.

Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: reverend

reverend

Nov 7, 2016
Thank you so much for your comprehensive answer yousif666. That is really helpful.

Thhe lack of ability to schedule a recording is a real disadvantage for me.

How do the streams run. Can you run an hd stream for hours without it freezing?

yousif666

Apr 6, 2016
DooM Lab
Reseller ID
doom470
Thank you so much for your comprehensive answer yousif666. That is really helpful.

How do the streams run. Can you run an hd stream for hours without it freezing?
Yup, but like i said it depends on the stability of the channels, i watch most of the HD channels on MAG256 for hours, and most of the HD channels have English audio witch is nice and in MAG its possible to swtich the audio :)

it is suppose to work, but in the portal its not working i guess maybe its a bug, it might be fixed in the future.

And you are welcome.

Regards.

Last edited:

Dragos

Jan 1, 2017
Ah yes I get you, load the rapid playlist into siptv then connect mag to siptv portal
exactly ;-)
Hi,

I try to understand how it works and how to do it. Tell me where i'm wrong, please:
1. download the playlist (is somewhere one up to date?)
2. replace username and password in m3u file ( i'm registered on rapidiptv with a mag box, i don't have them; what else to do to bypass?)
3. modify and upload the file to smartiptv (bought already)
4, connect to siptv portal (there is a link between siptv and rapid, made by the MAC address, i suppose)

Thanks for any help!