• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
hi vparador
wow thats fantastic thanks
i have to check hardware version number in my case, when i come back home, as i believe i have 7.1, but i am not sure.
i ordered a new 256 to try if i am luckier with the new one.
if the new one has the same problem i stay with my 254, which is a tiny bit slower in booting and changing of channels
Mate
I just received this from Infomir after complaining:
Quote.
Try to update your MAG on this firmware:https://www.dropbox.com/s/puadruh7i8iz4c6/imageupdateHow to:http://wiki.infomir.eu/doku.php/en:stb_webkit:mag256:update_firmware_mag256
Can you please make a thread about this in MAG section? I want to make it sticky.
Done

IPTV Community

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 3, 2015
iptv.community

Frank2k

Oct 21, 2016
As of yesterday the following suddenly started to happen and I have no idea why.

I'm watching a channel and all of a sudden the signal cuts (box still on) and my Samsung 55UE9000F gives the message : HDMI 1 No signal. (1) Check the cable connections and the settings of your source device (2) Press Source on your remote control to select the connected source.

Basically it's giving the same result as if one had pulled the HDMI cable from either devices.

I have tried to reset the TV, unplugged the HDMI (both on the MAG and Samsung Evo kit) and ofcourse restarted the MAG box multiple of times. The TV (or rather the evo kit) has the latest firmware.

If I unplug the HDMI on the box when the error message comes up and re-inserts it, the channel is showing again, but it's hard to say for how long as it will go again.

Any ideas?

I read somewhere else it could be a firmware issue ont he box but it has been working fine up until now and I believe the current version is the la one available as of Jan 15 2016

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
As of yesterday the following suddenly started to happen and I have no idea why.

I'm watching a channel and all of a sudden the signal cuts (box still on) and my Samsung 55UE9000F gives the message : HDMI 1 No signal. (1) Check the cable connections and the settings of your source device (2) Press Source on your remote control to select the connected source.

Basically it's giving the same result as if one had pulled the HDMI cable from either devices.

I have tried to reset the TV, unplugged the HDMI (both on the MAG and Samsung Evo kit) and ofcourse restarted the MAG box multiple of times. The TV (or rather the evo kit) has the latest firmware.

If I unplug the HDMI on the box when the error message comes up and re-inserts it, the channel is showing again, but it's hard to say for how long as it will go again.

Any ideas?

I read somewhere else it could be a firmware issue ont he box but it has been working fine up until now and I believe the current version is the la one available as of Jan 15 2016
Try to check update on your mag and change hdmi cable

Reactions: Frank2k

Frank2k

Oct 21, 2016
Thanks for the recommendation cuvillier.

What is the address for the firmware update as it seems like the pre entered one on my MAG254 is not correct?

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Thanks for the recommendation cuvillier.

What is the address for the firmware update as it seems like the pre entered one on my MAG254 is not correct?
You have to find out latest firmware update file,

and follow this:

Download the appropriate firmware
Format a USB flash drive under 2GB in FAT32 mode
Unpack the file (s)
Create the folders "mag254" & "mag250" on the USB key
Plug the USB stick into the back of the case
Disconnect the power from the enclosure if it is already plugged in
Press the "Menu" button quickly and repeatedly by plugging in the box
If the splash screen appears, the procedure did not work
Wait 30 seconds
Disconnect the housing
Press the "Menu" button quickly and repeatedly by plugging in the box
Repeat the procedure if you still do not have a BLUE screen
If a BLUE screen appears, the startup procedure has worked
Press 7 TIMES UP ("Upgrade Tools")
Press 1 TIME RIGHT (to select)
Press 2 TIMES ("USB Key")
Press 1 TIME RIGHT (to select)
Press 1 TIME OK (to execute)
A "progress" message appears on the screen
Wait for the process to complete (3 minutes)
The case will restart itself
Remove USB Flash Drive

Algarve

Dec 19, 2016

Any ideas?

Hi Frank go to http://mag.infomir.com.ua/254/r2/imageupdate update your box and restart it should fix the problem.

Boyette

Dec 7, 2016
NL
Reseller ID
Qservice
FIrmware which is there already for 1 year is not likely to be an issue..
more likely is cable or socket

Palmiye

Dec 27, 2016
Hi
Looking to buy a MAG 254 but it seems that there are some counterfeit ones out there. Any recommendations on where I can buy a guaranteed genuine one in the UK ?
Regards

Wonak

Nov 23, 2016
So I've received my TVIP S-410 and I can only recommend it. It's very fast has great settings, huge buffer size. It supports both m3u-link and portal (MAC-adress). It can even record live-tv! Right now I am watching a hockey match in full HD without buffering which normally doesn't work at this time for me.

Quimic

Reseller
Dec 7, 2016
Switzerland
Reseller ID
Quimic
So I've received my TVIP S-410 and I can only recommend it. It's very fast has great settings, huge buffer size. It supports both m3u-link and portal (MAC-adress). It can even record live-tv! Right now I am watching a hockey match in full HD without buffering which normally doesn't work at this time for me.
That is also the box i prefer... :) It is a great box... The internal portal works very well just with the link and GREAT performance :)

AVELARDO FERNANDEZ

Dec 28, 2016
Hello,
I recently tried to set up my mag 254 on my Sony TV with a cable (yellow) from the Comcast modem/router to the mag 254, but I cannot get anything coming from the box. I also have an HDMI cable from the box to the tv but nothing. I used to have it set up at my previous address with AT&T with Internet and phone service, no tv. I do not have telephone service installed here now. Do I have to have telepjone service in order for the box to work? If that is the case, I guess I have to go with Comcast triple play. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Cuvillier

Feb 19, 2016
France, FRA
Reseller ID
cuvillier
Hello,
I recently tried to set up my mag 254 on my Sony TV with a cable (yellow) from the Comcast modem/router to the mag 254, but I cannot get anything coming from the box. I also have an HDMI cable from the box to the tv but nothing. I used to have it set up at my previous address with AT&T with Internet and phone service, no tv. I do not have telephone service installed here now. Do I have to have telepjone service in order for the box to work? If that is the case, I guess I have to go with Comcast triple play. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
You have to use hdmi cable to your tv and use ethernet lan câble

Reactions: Rapid IPTV