• Welcome to IPTV Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

uriX

✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵Highly recommended ✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵✵
Reseller
I found this information on infomir their websites! MAG 256 supports playback of H.265 currents that are full HD / 4k.
Video сodecs MPEG1/2 MP@HL, H.264 HP@level 4.1, H.265 (HEVC), MPEG4 part 2 (ASP), WMV-9 (optional), VC1 video, XviD; 3D and HD video supporting (up to 40 Mbit/s and above)

It may mean that you can manage to play 4k channels even if you do not have 4K resolution?

Last edited:

Ed Faulkner

Jun 10, 2018
Reseller ID
LG TV
i am having same problem with my 254 is this also the same or do i need to upgrade my box
If so which mag box will play 4k
Thanks Ed

GingerStepChild

Jun 13, 2018
Hi - new to forum so hello all.

I have been accessing an IPTV portal via a MAG 256 box which is cabled directly to Now Broadbands (effectively Sky) standard router (Hub 2)

Initially their "Broadband Buddy" feature blocked the portal - I switched this off and now I get the IPTV channels working perfectly for approx 5 mins if I then change channel I lose them. The best way to describe it is I still see the menus but the channals just give me a black screen with no sound.

If I re power the router and the mag box it works again for around 5 mins...and then the same issue.

The internet speed is not an issue (40d 20u roughly) Netflix streams fine in HD through TV APP however things like More4 and iPlayer buffer when using the apps through the TV (fine when watching on a laptop)

Any suggestions? I have a feeling that it is a setting on the router that requires changing....

Kennyfcfan

Apr 9, 2018
Hi I have a mag 256 with the latest firmware everything is fine except some of the VOD movies and series has no sound all live tv is fine iv tried to change hdmi lead and port and also in the portal tried the audio settings (changing pcm/stereo)but it’s still the same? Most play fine just some don’t yet the same providers VOD audio plays fine on my phone does anyone have the same problems or know how to fix the issue ?

maxl1990

May 11, 2018
Hi all, has anyone tried to connect an IR extender with the MAG 256? Or anyone found an alternative (that includes using the remote control?)

Otherwise, I will continue having the box on the Tv cupboard.

ASL123

Jun 16, 2018
Can anyone help? Struggling with slow connection speed to MAG256 through plusnet router. Looking in advanced settings of router, connection speeds for all devices is ok (upto 70 mb/s) but connection speed to MAG256 is only 1 Mb/s, went upto 2Mb/s after resetting.
Thanks in advance